Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Cormack Thread

1 minute ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

BS! If he had stayed we most certainly would have a few points more 

If he had stayed, he’d have probably been injured most of the time.

A decent player when on form, unfortunately, his inconsistency was of no use and his fitness level was poor.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

The top six was so close, one goal in any game would have probably delivered it. 

Its not fanciful to suggest that Hedges could have made a difference. He had his negatives, but his goals and assists weren't replaced, (regardless of whether he was a physical challenge shitebag). 

Im actually quite astounded that you have described it as fanciful.  You must of have one hell of an inherent bias against him. 

He was a flash in the pan player who could at times make a difference and at other times was totally anonymous. In a battle Hedges is one of the last players I would have in my side, shirked every physical challenge going.

A player who also doesn't want to be here can be a disruptive influence. 

Could he have made a difference? Possibly, possibly not. Then again if you want to use it as another stick to beat Glass with then I'm all for it.

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

If he had stayed, he’d have probably been injured most of the time.

A decent player when on form, unfortunately, his inconsistency was of no use and his fitness level was poor.

Not disputing that but his creating skills have been badly missed and if fans can't admit that then they have no hope in being right about much.

1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

Jesus christ folk thinking Hedges was the saviour.  He had the heart of a mouse like the majority McInnes left behind.  Whos to say he would have played any games?   He'd of most likely been in the physio room playing pontoon with Devlin and Kennedy.

No one said he was a saviour, but he was all we had. Should we be looking to improve on him? Absolutely. 

Is he worth £200k? It doesn't matter because its about how much we've lost in price money. 

As poor as hedges was, who have we got at the moment who is equal to the  creativity and attacking threat he provided this season?  

1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

Jesus christ folk thinking Hedges was the saviour.  He had the heart of a mouse like the majority McInnes left behind.  Whos to say he would have played any games?   He'd of most likely been in the physio room playing pontoon with Devlin and Kennedy.

Nobody saying he's a savour. But he had 11 g/a contributions this season. 

We didn't replace him adequately and we've paid the price. A player like him could've very easily been the difference between bottom and top 6. 

I don't think that's a particularly wild statement 

• Upvote 1

Remember what cunt helped us win by scoring & setting up goals! Yes Hedges we hav won 2 fucking games since Dec and Hedges was that man in Dec who got us that win!!  at the time I hoped we wouldn't miss him so much when he left'  but I was un-aware of the utter charlatans & wage thiefs in our squad and that we would be in this position. But I can assure the nameless gimp who laughed at my post if we had kept Hedges we would not be in such a position. 

Garner seems to get it for being a useless co-commentator but for old gits like me he'll always be a club legend (you can debate about what makes a legend all you like, my opinion is that anyone that is part of a trophy winning side for us deserves that accolade). He was in the League Cup winning side under Ally MacLeod in late '76 and was an integral part of the team that won the league in 79/80. McLeish only got his his chance in the team a year earlier because Garner broke his leg. 

He was also Fergie's assistant manager for a couple of years in the mid eighties where we won 2 leagues, 2 Scottish Cups and the League Cup.

Clearly he loves AFC despite being brought up a Celtic supporter. I certainly wasn't expecting him to be appointed to the board but I've absolutely no problems with it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yes it's bizzare and his exploits on red TV were usually nauseating,  let's hope he can help at board level,  there all gushing about this on twatter.

Good appointment - clearly a fan - his commentary at times is a bit hit and miss but imho his observations on our defensive frailty and issues have been pretty much on the money. Not sure that he'll be able to influence that from the boardroom but having a been there done that board member shouldn't be a bad thing

Just now, Crossbow said:

Good appointment - clearly a fan - his commentary at times is a bit hit and miss but imho his observations on our defensive frailty and issues have been pretty much on the money. Not sure that he'll be able to influence that from the boardroom but having a been there done that board member shouldn't be a bad thing

Difficult to know what he will bring to the boardroom as it’s not obvious what his role will be. Almost seems like a covering due to lack of football knowledge in boardroom but why don’t we just appoint a competent director of football if that’s the concern?

1 minute ago, Dynamo said:

It's like Cormack constantly going on about Bobby Clarks input. Club legend yes. But not been involved in the game over here for decades. Sentiment only gets you so far.

Similar with simmy. The games changed

50 minutes ago, RUL said:

Difficult to know what he will bring to the boardroom as it’s not obvious what his role will be. Almost seems like a covering due to lack of football knowledge in boardroom but why don’t we just appoint a competent director of football if that’s the concern?

He’s a good Gardner he will be looking after the pot plants in the office. 

2 hours ago, RUL said:

Almost seems like a covering due to lack of football knowledge in boardroom but why don’t we just appoint a competent director of football if that’s the concern?

Clearly what the idea is. Might have helped a year and a half ago. Also obvious why Cormack won't employ anyone that isn't his mate. 

“Having recently retired from a successful business career in banking and finance, Willie will bring both commercial acumen and football knowledge to the board and provide valuable input and advice as we look to execute and deliver on the Club’s strategy.”

He’s here to help try and raise money for the new stadium clearly

Probably earmarked to replace Old Pa Broon as the 'fitba' man on the board. I've nae problem with this. He does come across as a bit dottled when commentating on redtv but he genuinely seems to have a real affection for the club. He's done his bit for the club in the past. Welcome aboard Willie.