Cormack Thread

10 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

I notice this tired old 'fine margins' phrase rearing its head again...although I'm not sure that Swiss Tony uses it directly in the article. 

'Fine margins' suggests that we almost but just not quite got things right this season, simply because we didn't get thrashed in every game where we deserved to get thrashed. 

All laughable pish of course, to disguise the fact that the ridiculous appointment of Glass has potentially set the club back 10 years. 

• Upvote 1
On 5/8/2022 at 2:25 PM, Schapenneuker said:

Or equally it could be like the Atlanta tie up, where they chuck shite players at us just to see if they're any good and to see if they sink or swim. 

(They sink).

These 'tie ups' with other clubs have never, ever had any benefit for Aberdeen. It's just another ego trip for Cormack. 

Those Juve players Alessio brought to Killie weren't exactly any good were they

5 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

I notice this tired old 'fine margins' phrase rearing its head again...although I'm not sure that Swiss Tony uses it directly in the article. 

'Fine margins' suggests that we almost but just not quite got things right this season, simply because we didn't get thrashed in every game where we deserved to get thrashed. 

All laughable pish of course, to disguise the fact that the ridiculous appointment of Glass has potentially set the club back 10 years. 

The 'fine margins' thing is the most worrying aspect of Cormack. Yeah, it was fine margins because the rest of the shite in this league quickly worked out that's all it took. Give us the ball and wait. We won't be good enough to score and eventually we fuck up and they break and score. There is a reason fifteen of eighteen domestic defeats this season have been by one goal.

31 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Those Juve players Alessio brought to Killie weren't exactly any good were they

I remeber being at Pittodrie, November '19. We beat them 3-0. At points in the game their fans were singing, "Angelo, Angelo" like he was a God. What a disaster of an appointment that was for them.

Just me who absolutely loves Big Cormack?

It is certainly more entertaining and interesting being a #TopRed nowadays, and for those who hark for the return of the McDel days I only say one thing - we didn't win trophies then either.

#LLKC (long live King Cormack)

29241310.png

11 minutes ago, JumboJET said:

Just me who absolutely loves Big Cormack?

It is certainly more entertaining and interesting being a #TopRed nowadays, and for those who hark for the return of the McDel days I only say one thing - we didn't win trophies then either.

#LLKC (long live King Cormack)

29241310.png

Cheers Dave 

Cormack is right about one thing we haven't had any hammerings this season which you'd expect for a team in 10th place after 36 games. Only once domestically have we been beaten by more than one goal (2-0 at Tynecastle). I think we've generally performed ok in most of the games against the bigger name teams we have just been consistently shit against the so called smaller clubs. 

3 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Cormack is right about one thing we haven't had any hammerings this season which you'd expect for a team in 10th place after 36 games. Only once domestically have we been beaten by more than one goal (2-0 at Tynecastle). I think we've generally performed ok in most of the games against the bigger name teams we have just been consistently shit against the so called smaller clubs. 

Wrong, beaten by Motherwell twice 2-0. 

The man is a fucking idiot.

We already had the 3rd biggest budget in the league, and he’s decided to deliberately overspend £2m extra on the team.

But he’s appointed Glass, Brown, Russell, Gunn, Goodwin and now Garner to oversee this, with big decisions lying with him, a clueless football fan, and his sidekick motorsport fan.

Invested in the wrong side of things and cost himself and the club a genuine fortune. 

Good to see everyone is raging at old news, he's mentioned the extra £2m in wages already, god forbid spending a bit more and trying to offset that buy selling players, should just keep these lads until their contracts end and let them fuck off for free.

• Upvote 1

For all the good Cormack has done for the club. Cheeky smile, advertising rowies & a training complex.

Is it really worth it after all the damage he’s caused on the pitch (WHERE IT MATTERS MOST)?

We’re no better off financially either with him are we? Unless we want to give him the false credit of Cosgrove/McKenna sales.

Snake Oil Salesman needs to put his money where his BS peddling mouth is & throw a huge budget at JG this summer because JG is going to need a fkn strong hand to make any kind of serious impact on that mess

JG will be trying to empty a barrel of skittery shite with a paper cup this summer

I actually feel sorry for DC as it’s clear he has good intentions and he has invested a lot of his own money into our club, a club he clearly loves.  

Why I feel sorry for him is he has been so very badly let down this year, predominantly by his players but also via a misguided choice of manager in Glass.   I am very nervous about JG also but do wonder if he has intentionally been brought in by DC with a. Clear remit of clearing the decks.   All I ask is for transparency once the season ends as then at least we will begin to understand why on earth our once so proud club is at the absolute bottom of the pit right now.  

On 5/10/2022 at 11:24 AM, Shinniesta said:

Oh aye now that you think about it, its not as if St Mirren, St Johnstone, Dundee or Raith Rovers actually gave us a hammering. When its put like that you can really see the positives.

• Haha 2
56 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

I actually feel sorry for DC as it’s clear he has good intentions and he has invested a lot of his own money into our club, a club he clearly loves.  

Why I feel sorry for him is he has been so very badly let down this year, predominantly by his players but also via a misguided choice of manager in Glass.   I am very nervous about JG also but do wonder if he has intentionally been brought in by DC with a. Clear remit of clearing the decks.   All I ask is for transparency once the season ends as then at least we will begin to understand why on earth our once so proud club is at the absolute bottom of the pit right now.  

I don’t feel sorry for him. He’s absolutely useless. Not a chance he plans on investing Ramsay money back in first team. 

29 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

I fucking hate Dave Cormack. 

An ego driven fantasist who has destroyed our club in a desperate attempt to prove that he's a new Chris Anderson/Dick Donald.

I'm 90%  certain that he will drive us down to the Championship next season .

It’s the 10% that keeps us interested but I fear the worst. There’s absolutely no indications anyone he’s appointed at the club knows what they are doing. The impact of a brutal season is going to be massive financially.

On 5/10/2022 at 2:24 PM, Shinniesta said:

we have just been consistently shit against the so called smaller clubs. 

We now are one of them so called "smaller clubs" thanks to the prick of a chairman who can fk off any time he likes and take Dim fkn Oddwin with him.

Shambles of a club and cormack is to blame 

If you were chairman, who would you have appointed?

Most of us would never had thought of appointing Glass as manager...but he sacked him, realised the mistake etc...

The area he seems to have not rectified is the other senior team... Gunn etc, most can see that we need someone more experienced and proven. Young manager, which Goodwin Still is , requires experience above...is that old duffer Brown still with us? 

1 hour ago, True_Don said:

If you were chairman, who would you have appointed?

Most of us would never had thought of appointing Glass as manager...but he sacked him, realised the mistake etc...

The area he seems to have not rectified is the other senior team... Gunn etc, most can see that we need someone more experienced and proven. Young manager, which Goodwin Still is , requires experience above...is that old duffer Brown still with us? 

Dave made a load of big key mistakes that ensured Glass was a disaster, namely.

• Not having an experienced fitba man in place as Director of Football, instead promoting the hotel booking guy.
  • Not having a Head of Recruitment in place, instead allowing Glass to spunk his budget on shite and build a totally unbalanced squad.
  • Not recruiting an experienced coach to help Glass when it was clear he was struggling, instead allowing him to hire Henry F***ing Apaloo
  • Not allowing Glass to take in another striker in January, instead allowing him to flog the one dead horse all season.
  • Not backing Glass in the January window.
  • Not sacking Glass when he was planning to, potentially missing out on Alex Neil or someone decent who was available at that time and had a transfer window to make some changes to the squad.

Probably loads more boo boo's than that by Cormack but that's just a few off the top of my head. He should never have appointed Glass but there was a lot more he could have done to ensure he wasn't such a disaster..

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

I fucking hate Dave Cormack. 

An ego driven fantasist who has destroyed our club in a desperate attempt to prove that he's a new Chris Anderson/Dick Donald.

I'm 90%  certain that he will drive us down to the Championship next season .

Wouldnae go so far as saying I hate him, but he's been absolutely fucking useless at delivering a competent footballing side thus far.

Getting noticeably worse in that respect every year since he took over.

He's also a complete fucking gluepot, spot on with fantasist and egotist.

It's definitely starting to look like he actually has no idea what he's doing.