Cormack Thread

10 hours ago, Chester Don said:

I actually feel sorry for DC as it’s clear he has good intentions and he has invested a lot of his own money into our club, a club he clearly loves.  

Why I feel sorry for him is he has been so very badly let down this year, predominantly by his players but also via a misguided choice of manager in Glass.   I am very nervous about JG also but do wonder if he has intentionally been brought in by DC with a. Clear remit of clearing the decks.   All I ask is for transparency once the season ends as then at least we will begin to understand why on earth our once so proud club is at the absolute bottom of the pit right now.  

Ffs u feel sorry for who? Feeling sorry for that shiny toothed yank cunt makes you look like a massive apologist!

3 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

We now are one of them so called "smaller clubs" thanks to the prick of a chairman who can fk off any time he likes and take Dim fkn Oddwin with him.

Shambles of a club and cormack is to blame 

I despise the yank wannabe prick.  he's a shady looking cunt tae! Isn't he also a tory supporter? Anyway I might go on sun with a banner saying GTF cormack 

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I guess the bottom line is that we now need to sell players to break even rather than sell players to grow the club and build a new stadium. 

Which feels like a backward step when you're sitting in 10th rather than 2nd or 3rd which I assume is why we're doing all this in the first place 

I think people are getting worked up over nothing, the whole idea of the model is for it to be sustainable, obviously this season has been a disaster but there's a good chance we'll make decent money that will see a good amount reinvested back in to the side.

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, minijc said:

I think people are getting worked up over nothing, the whole idea of the model is for it to be sustainable, obviously this season has been a disaster but there's a good chance we'll make decent money that will see a good amount reinvested back in to the side.

Nah the conman has been more vocal than any other spfl club charman in bemoaning the lost revenue and the fact we haven't got any millions for the new stadium then practically all of the Ramsey cash will go to that. Maybe goody will get 800k/1m at a maximum.

40 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

Nah the conman has been more vocal than any other spfl club charman in bemoaning the lost revenue and the fact we haven't got any millions for the new stadium then practically all of the Ramsey cash will go to that. Maybe goody will get 800k/1m at a maximum.

And despite this, we still spent over 400k on a player in January 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Yeah we just need to make sure he is held to account re the sustainability model 

19 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

And despite this, we still spent over 400k on a player in January 

Yes and another reason there will be no transfer cash. It'll be out of contract players were talking to 100%

On 5/12/2022 at 12:55 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

Would like to think the reason JG wanted the job was because he would be offered a decent transfer kitty ?

Agreed.

If not and JG / Aberdeen do not have a quality transfer window I shudder where we are headed.

If, and only if, our deterioration continues I for one would be expecting Cormack to go.

A very big season ahead for our team and him, no doubt about that.

• Upvote 2
On 5/13/2022 at 1:06 PM, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Agreed.

If not and JG / Aberdeen do not have a quality transfer window I shudder where we are headed.

If, and only if, our deterioration continues I for one would be expecting Cormack to go.

A very big season ahead for our team and him, no doubt about that.

And who , and only who , would you ,for one , be expecting to take over in place of Cormack ?

Sorry disagree. 

Considine is not the answer, he's had his time, he's made good money out of Aberdeen and this is definitely the correct time to move him on. 

Every organisation has employees on higher wages than others, that shouldn't be a basis of wanting or getting more money, it has to be balanced out with what you bring to the table now, not what you were capable of a few years back. 

Agents leaking stories and contract details to try and shame or "blackmail" clubs into paying more needs to stop, maybe more clubs need to "make a stance"!I have no ill will to Andy Considine and wish him all the best but at the same time have every confidence he will not be missed. 

Love how Miller isn't happy with the club releasing details to the press but is happy for his opinion to be printed by the press and plastered on social media. 

• Upvote 2
41 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Sorry disagree. 

Considine is not the answer, he's had his time, he's made good money out of Aberdeen and this is definitely the correct time to move him on. 

Every organisation has employees on higher wages than others, that shouldn't be a basis of wanting or getting more money, it has to be balanced out with what you bring to the table now, not what you were capable of a few years back. 

Agents leaking stories and contract details to try and shame or "blackmail" clubs into paying more needs to stop, maybe more clubs need to "make a stance"!I have no ill will to Andy Considine and wish him all the best but at the same time have every confidence he will not be missed. 

Love how Miller isn't happy with the club releasing details to the press but is happy for his opinion to be printed by the press and plastered on social media. 

I think what the club offered Considine was spot on. Back up defender for a year and pathway into coaching. Clearly he’s very highly thought of  and could have been a very positive influence bringing through younger players. However, it was Andy’s choice not to accept that so we part ways. Bottom line. Absolutely no need for agents, the club  or Miller to discuss publicly.  

48 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I think it's more relevant to ask did Considine's agent do a good job when the details were leaked???

I dont think that is of any relevance! the piece was written around the very poor stewardship of AFC under Cormack, Glass and now Goodwin and its fair to say all three are horrific.

45 minutes ago, RedForever said:

I dont think that is of any relevance! the piece was written around the very poor stewardship of AFC under Cormack, Glass and now Goodwin and its fair to say all three are horrific.

Of course it's relevant - the Considine situation arose from someone with a big mouth trying to "shame" AFC into paying more or offer more.

I have absolutely no issues with the club responding to that. 

The Cormack/Glass situation has and always will be a shocking part of our history and I still don't buy Dave subsequently saying Glass wasn't first choice.

3 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

I think what the club offered Considine was spot on. Back up defender for a year and pathway into coaching. Clearly he’s very highly thought of  and could have been a very positive influence bringing through younger players. However, it was Andy’s choice not to accept that so we part ways. Bottom line. Absolutely no need for agents, the club  or Miller to discuss publicly.  

I agree with the part about no need for agent to go the press, certainly no need for the club to put out a petty undignified response but re Miller, he’s not an employee and is well within his rights to speak publicly. 

it would be odd if his opinion was sought and he didn’t give it. 

I happen to agree with all his points. The Considine saga was handled very badly by the club and I think if Goodwin had his time over he would deal with it differently. Niavety on his part and I think in his rush to be seen as being strong and ruthless in getting the rid of the dead wood he has made a real error of judgement. 

Bottom line is dave the conman has lied through his shiny teeth to us fans! I hate the shady looking cunt! I make it about 4 huge lies he's told the fans.

• 2 weeks later...

As a businessman Cormack knows his way around a balance sheet.

However as a football man he is never going to find the right balance.

Completely out of his depth and his egoistic,  I am always right approach is never going to work. 

Until he sells up we are going to remain in the doldrums he has significantly helped to create.

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Completely out of his depth and his egoistic,  I am always right approach is never going to work. 

Until he sells up we are going to remain in the doldrums he has significantly helped to create.

Either sell, or employ a Chief Exec to run the joint for him. As long as its not steven Gunn

2 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

From hunter comments on abz podcast , cormack is struggling with the negativity of the fans.

5 minutes ago, RUL said:

From hunter comments on abz podcast , cormack is struggling with the negativity of the fans.

He knows what he needs to do then... spend the money to get a winning team on the pitch and the fans will be a hell of a lot more positive.

2016/17 season, we didn't win any trophies but we were playing entertaining, attacking football. Scoring lots of goals. Reached both finals and could and maybe should have won the Scottish Cup (Kenny McLean argh). There was so much positivity around, people were enjoying going to games and being entertained.

Professional football is after all an entertainment sport, keep the fans happy and all that negativity will disappear.

Due to the clusterfuck of the past 2 seasons though and without the lure of European football, we're not the draw we used to be. The only way to entice good players to choose us over the likes of Hearts will be to offer them substantially more money. Get your hands deep in your pockets you shiny toothed gimp.

• Like 1