Cormack Thread

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What does he expect though? 

He made big noises last summer about investment and strategy and we flopped miserably and finished in our lowest position for over a decade.  90% of last years signings are out the door already, many didn't even last the full season. 

Cormack for all his bluster has pretty thin skin. 

Goes hand in hand with a massive ego, and the fact that in appointing Glass, he showed that he's a complete fantasist. 

A dangerous combination. 

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Aye sorry Dave it’s quite hard to be positive when we finished 10th with the 3rd biggest budget in the league. Get a decent team on the park and everyone’s mood changes.

easy fix.

Reduce the budget to match those at the bottom end of the table and we're punching around our own weight. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 5:22 AM, Dave Bus said:

Aye sorry Dave it’s quite hard to be positive when we finished 10th with the 3rd biggest budget in the league. Get a decent team on the park and everyone’s mood changes.

I don't know what the official wage budget is but there is a wide gap from what Cormack was selling and what he put out on the pitch. There is absolutely nothing stopping him from bringing in young talent to flip. There is no fifa fair play. Just pay your people and your taxes and you are good to go. He hasn't provided that seed money to close the gap. So he's either a liar or delusional. Coming from an American here. We must have taught him how to sell at a used car dealership.  

12 hours ago, PondHopper said:

I don't know what the official wage budget is but there is a wide gap from what Cormack was selling and what he put out on the pitch. There is absolutely nothing stopping him from bringing in young talent to flip. There is no fifa fair play. Just pay your people and your taxes and you are good to go. He hasn't provided that seed money to close the gap. So he's either a liar or delusional. Coming from an American here. We must have taught him how to sell at a used car dealership.  

uwotmate?

On 5/13/2022 at 1:06 PM, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Agreed.

If not and JG / Aberdeen do not have a quality transfer window I shudder where we are headed.

If, and only if, our deterioration continues I for one would be expecting Cormack to go.

A very big season ahead for our team and him, no doubt about that.

4 weeks have passed since my last post above, and it would appear that the snake oil salesman and Co are struggling big time to attract players to Pittodrie. 

Glad I saw the team of the 80's, and even the early 90's. Cos under Cormack it would appear that we are heading in a polar opposite direction.

Really,  really hard to watch our once proud team head on a downward spiral.

Cormack may be a businessman but it would appear he knows next to feck all about running a successful football operation. 

Until he is gone I cannot see us progressing performance wise on the pitch.

Harsh but true in my opinion. 

• Upvote 2
26 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

4 weeks have passed since my last post above, and it would appear that the snake oil salesman and Co are struggling big time to attract players to Pittodrie. 

Glad I saw the team of the 80's, and even the early 90's. Cos under Cormack it would appear that we are heading in a polar opposite direction.

Cormack may be a businessman but it would appear he knows next to feck all about running a successful football operation. 

Will be true if we’ve signed nobody when the window closes on Sep 1st.We’re only a day in!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Agreed.

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Season coming up will be the crunch for Cormack, people have been patient enough with him. He has got to start delivering.

11 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

He has a shit ton of improvements to get done on the pitch just to lose the label of ‘snake oil salesman’ 

That Glass appointment he basically forced on the club & all his shitey bravado there after still gives me the dry boak now. 

• Upvote 1
On 6/11/2022 at 12:42 PM, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Season coming up will be the crunch for Cormack, people have been patient enough with him. He has got to start delivering.

Cormack is a narcissist.

Have a real concern that, like the UK under Johnson, we are fucked.

Other than that feeling quite positive this Monday morn'.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Gets a lot of stick for being a megalomaniac. But by fuck, he puts his money where his mouth is. 

You may be a rookie fitba chairman Dave, but keep on backing AFC. We’ll come good. 

Yep fair play

Hope he just sticks to providing the money and letting football people do football things

Respect to Steven Gunn and Mowbray too

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't think of another place to post this, but I'm concerned about the disconnect of the expectations being set versus the signings coming in. Big transfer fees coming on. The biggest ever came in on a teenager moving on to Liverpool. So you'd think the next round of investments would be on 18 to 20 year olds. But instead the genius scouting director tends to chase after 22 to 26 year olds with ties to Europe. It just doesn't make a ton of sense if the goal is to flip and sell. 

Anthony Stewart is coming in from league one to captain the team into Celtic and Rangers games? That's asking a lot. 

It's going to be hard to get that 3rd spot this year. I'm hopeful, but I'm skeptical about meeting the goals that have been set. 

4 hours ago, PondHopper said:

I can't think of another place to post this, but I'm concerned about the disconnect of the expectations being set versus the signings coming in. Big transfer fees coming on. The biggest ever came in on a teenager moving on to Liverpool. So you'd think the next round of investments would be on 18 to 20 year olds. But instead the genius scouting director tends to chase after 22 to 26 year olds with ties to Europe. It just doesn't make a ton of sense if the goal is to flip and sell. 

Anthony Stewart is coming in from league one to captain the team into Celtic and Rangers games? That's asking a lot. 

It's going to be hard to get that 3rd spot this year. I'm hopeful, but I'm skeptical about meeting the goals that have been set. 

Shut up

• Upvote 1
On 6/11/2022 at 10:58 AM, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Thoughts now?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 7:58 PM, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Police > Sting