CityCentre

Cormack Thread

Just now, Millertime said:

I really like mckenzie,  but he isn't the same type of player as Ramsay

Mckenzie is not anywhere near as good going forward but a lot better defensively

So here's an idea for a start - stop telling mckenzie to go forward!

Assisted our goal yesterday and is on 4 for the season. 

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I really like mckenzie,  but he isn't the same type of player as Ramsay

Mckenzie is not anywhere near as good going forward but a lot better defensively

So here's an idea for a start - stop telling mckenzie to go forward!

3 assists this season and the best cross of the game yesterday. Was much better than Ramsay going forward last night.

Edited by DelMonte

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Who’s saying otherwise? Are you blind? 

Drop the crappy attitude and let's talk like adults 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

3 assists this season and the best cross of the game yesterday. Was much better than Ramsay going forward last night.

Debatable,  I thought Ramsay looked really good too

Doesn't really matter anyway as what I said is a universal truth 

We have a decent squad if you look at it on a player by player basis but there's no balance to our starting 11's and individual players are letting us down every game as well. The manager doesn't know how to get them to work, and I don't think Scott Brown playing is the answer either. 

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Drop the crappy attitude and let's talk like adults 

When there’s literally comments above mine saying otherwise then what’s the point? 

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Well for starters, when it was clear that McGhee wasn't the man and things weren't going to work out he sacked him. 

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

It was a fuck up, which once it became clear he took steps to rectify. 

This is wrang min .

It was pretty clear McGhee was no use.

4 wins from appointment in June 2009 up to the turn of the year.

That's clear enough it was not going to work out.

When was he sacked?

Another 12 months after that disastrous 1st 6 months.

So if Cormack rectifies in the manner that Milne did with regards to McGhee, if Glass manages just 2 more wins up to New Year, you can have another 12 months of Glass to be gleefully looking forward to.

Good on you for advocating as much.

😄

14 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

"This would nivver have happened if Darrick wiz still here" 

You see Dave this whole opposition goal thing away to my right is vastly overrated.  Here on my left this is where it’s at. Just concentrate on your own goal and then manage manage manage the game out for all your worth.  And the beauty is nobody seems to notice the plucky 0-1s against.  Stupid buggers still clap you off.  20 years we did that.  Magical times.

26 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

When was he sacked?

Another 12 months after that disastrous 1st 6 months.

Jesus suffering fuck did we really put up with that cunt for 18 months? 

44 minutes ago, Sydney_Red said:

Jesus suffering fuck did we really put up with that cunt for 18 months? 

I know!

😂

The only way Cormack's stock could be any lower at the moment is if his teeth appear in the same shot as the loving cup a week on Wednesday 

Edited by aberdeen1970

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

When there’s literally comments above mine saying otherwise then what’s the point? 

Well fine, don't, but just don't be prickly for no reason 

Let's improve

I've been on fire with what I've been saying both late last night and this morning 

4 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

So if Cormack rectifies in the manner that Milne did with regards to McGhee, if Glass manages just 2 more wins up to New Year, you can have another 12 months of Glass to be gleefully looking forward to.

Good on you for advocating as much.

😄

😮Noooooooooooo.  I take it all back. 

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

I agree with you

I also think Bates actually is absolutely shite 

He’s had a horrendous start that’s for sure. 

I genuinely cannot think of a game in which his lack of concentration has not directly led to a goal. That’s absolutely pathetic on his part, he’s not some 17yr wee kid. 

Being a ginger means he already has to work that bit harder to gain respect from peers and fans and he’s not making it difficult to absolutely detest him. 

• Haha 2

Stewart Milne will have been saying to Cormack yesterday to stay strong and back his manager. Milne is a sneaky fucker though and will be hoping that Glass takes the worst ever manager mantle from Mark McGhee so that it makes Milne a bit more competent. 
I would put money on him already informing Cormack that he made a big mistake getting rid of McInnes.

13 hours ago, DelMonte said:

No where near as bad as some make out. 

Yes we need to change the manager but this squad is decent. 

We have a more than decent squad.

A competent manager would have us top 3 with the current group of players we have.

1 minute ago, BonnieDon said:

We have a more than decent squad.

A competent manager would have us top 3 with the current group of players we have.

The squad is appalling considering we have the 3rd biggest budget. 

14 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

The squad is appalling considering we have the 3rd biggest budget. 

Nonsense. The squad is more than good enough. It’s the setup that’s the issue.

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Nonsense. The squad is more than good enough. It’s the setup that’s the issue.

The squad is mega unbalanced, that’s the issue.

Just now, sooth_stander said:

The squad is mega unbalanced, that’s the issue.

I seriously don’t think it’s that bad.

We are probably a centre half short. Keeper position is an issue but that’s not really anyone but that’s cause our keeper has turned to shit.

Got plenty players to fill other positions. Not sure what people expect.

Just now, DelMonte said:

I seriously don’t think it’s that bad.

We are probably a centre half short. Keeper position is an issue but that’s not really anyone but that’s cause our keeper has turned to shit.

Got plenty players to fill other positions. Not sure what people expect.

Phit?

About 8 central midfielders, yet no pacey wingers? No number 10? 3 shit central defenders? Zero cover at full back? No cover or competition for Ramirez?

41 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Phit?

About 8 central midfielders, yet no pacey wingers? No number 10? 3 shit central defenders? Zero cover at full back? No cover or competition for Ramirez?

Hedges, Samuels, McLennan, Kennedy, McGinn and Hayes can all play on the wing. 

Number 10s is a made up position that a lot of teams in Scotland don’t have. Can’t think of much teams that have one. 

Hayes and McCrorie can play either side at full back. Gurr also signed, granted he’s shit but it’s cover.

Watkins more than good enough in the number 9 position.

Its the utilisation of the squad that’s the issue.

8 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Its the utilisation of the squad that’s the issue

I agree. The bloated squad and number of central midfielders is downright weird. But a competent manager should be able to fashion a system that works for the squad we have.  At the moment we seem to set up to make good players look distinctly average, and I really don’t get what Glass is trying to accomplish. Is it tighter at the back, more room in the final third, dominant possession in the middle, high press, width. Fuck knows. Trying to do any of the above would be good.  Asking Ojo to try and stick on Adam was the only thing related to a plan I could see.

We've got a huge amount of players.  A mixed bag mind you but enough to put together a half decent side if they're organised properly. 

There's no question that they could be deployed better. 

Putting someone like Ojo in a key attacking midfield role where he's got to play the final ball or get on the end of chances is suicidal stuff.   No much wonder things break down. 

And pushing two full backs up with two wide forwards on the flanks at the same time with only one striker in the middle doesn't do you any favours in attacking sense as you've got 4 players high up the pitch but wide when you need more folk in the box.   Then you've got central midfielders trying to close the gap to support the central striker. 

Then when you lose the ball you've nobody in the middle of the pitch and are wide open. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We've got a huge amount of players.  A mixed bag mind you but enough to put together a half decent side if they're organised properly. 

There's no question that they could be deployed better. 

Putting someone like Ojo in a key attacking midfield role where he's got to play the final ball or get on the end of chances is suicidal stuff.   No much wonder things break down. 

And pushing two full backs up with two wide forwards on the flanks at the same time with only one striker in the middle doesn't do you any favours in attacking sense as you've got 4 players high up the pitch but wide when you need more folk in the box.   Then you've got central midfielders trying to close the gap to support the central striker. 

Then when you lose the ball you've nobody in the middle of the pitch and are wide open. 

Trouble is however we set up when you' have Ojo in the first eleven you fucked

So many games just past him by. He cannot pass or tackle simply brings nothing to the club

He should have left the club and become a personal trainer as is his desire 

4 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Hedges, Samuels, McLennan, Kennedy, McGinn and Hayes can all play on the wing. 

Number 10s is a made up position that a lot of teams in Scotland don’t have. Can’t think of much teams that have one. 

Hayes and McCrorie can play either side at full back. Gurr also signed, granted he’s shit but it’s cover.

Watkins more than good enough in the number 9 position.

Its the utilisation of the squad that’s the issue.

Hedges I'll give you - but I wouldn't say he's an out and out winger.

Samuels has proved since he came here, that he certainly isn't a winger.  McLennan has flattered to deceive throughout his AFC career.  Kennedy - dearie me!  McGinn is done and Hayes is looking like he's going the same way!

5 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Trouble is however we set up when you' have Ojo in the first eleven you fucked

Correct.

Even McInnes sussed this out early on and cut his losses.

The boy is an absolute abomination of a footballer.

I worked out the solution a few games ago , just get yourself so heavily intoxicated that you don’t remember anything that happened in the game and don’t check the results the next day

• Like 1