Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CityCentre

Cormack Thread

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Sydney_Red said:

Jesus suffering fuck did we really put up with that cunt for 18 months? 

I know!

😂

Share this post


Link to post

The only way Cormack's stock could be any lower at the moment is if his teeth appear in the same shot as the loving cup a week on Wednesday 

Edited by aberdeen1970

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

When there’s literally comments above mine saying otherwise then what’s the point? 

Well fine, don't, but just don't be prickly for no reason 

Let's improve

I've been on fire with what I've been saying both late last night and this morning 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

 

 

So if Cormack rectifies in the manner that Milne did with regards to McGhee, if Glass manages just 2 more wins up to New Year, you can have another 12 months of Glass to be gleefully looking forward to.

Good on you for advocating as much.

😄

 

😮Noooooooooooo.  I take it all back. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Millertime said:

I agree with you

I also think Bates actually is absolutely shite 

He’s had a horrendous start that’s for sure. 

I genuinely cannot think of a game in which his lack of concentration has not directly led to a goal. That’s absolutely pathetic on his part, he’s not some 17yr wee kid. 
 

Being a ginger means he already has to work that bit harder to gain respect from peers and fans and he’s not making it difficult to absolutely detest him. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Stewart Milne will have been saying to Cormack yesterday to stay strong and back his manager. Milne is a sneaky fucker though and will be hoping that Glass takes the worst ever manager mantle from Mark McGhee so that it makes Milne a bit more competent. 
I would put money on him already informing Cormack that he made a big mistake getting rid of McInnes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, DelMonte said:

No where near as bad as some make out. 
 

Yes we need to change the manager but this squad is decent. 

We have a more than decent squad.

A competent manager would have us top 3 with the current group of players we have.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BonnieDon said:

We have a more than decent squad.

A competent manager would have us top 3 with the current group of players we have.

The squad is appalling considering we have the 3rd biggest budget. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

The squad is appalling considering we have the 3rd biggest budget. 

Nonsense. The squad is more than good enough. It’s the setup that’s the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Nonsense. The squad is more than good enough. It’s the setup that’s the issue.

The squad is mega unbalanced, that’s the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, sooth_stander said:

The squad is mega unbalanced, that’s the issue.

I seriously don’t think it’s that bad.

We are probably a centre half short. Keeper position is an issue but that’s not really anyone but that’s cause our keeper has turned to shit.

Got plenty players to fill other positions. Not sure what people expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, DelMonte said:

I seriously don’t think it’s that bad.

We are probably a centre half short. Keeper position is an issue but that’s not really anyone but that’s cause our keeper has turned to shit.

Got plenty players to fill other positions. Not sure what people expect.

Phit?

About 8 central midfielders, yet no pacey wingers? No number 10? 3 shit central defenders? Zero cover at full back? No cover or competition for Ramirez?

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Phit?

About 8 central midfielders, yet no pacey wingers? No number 10? 3 shit central defenders? Zero cover at full back? No cover or competition for Ramirez?

Hedges, Samuels, McLennan, Kennedy, McGinn and Hayes can all play on the wing. 

Number 10s is a made up position that a lot of teams in Scotland don’t have. Can’t think of much teams that have one. 

Hayes and McCrorie can play either side at full back. Gurr also signed, granted he’s shit but it’s cover.

Watkins more than good enough in the number 9 position.

Its the utilisation of the squad that’s the issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Its the utilisation of the squad that’s the issue

I agree. The bloated squad and number of central midfielders is downright weird. But a competent manager should be able to fashion a system that works for the squad we have.  At the moment we seem to set up to make good players look distinctly average, and I really don’t get what Glass is trying to accomplish. Is it tighter at the back, more room in the final third, dominant possession in the middle, high press, width. Fuck knows. Trying to do any of the above would be good.  Asking Ojo to try and stick on Adam was the only thing related to a plan I could see.

Share this post


Link to post

We've got a huge amount of players.  A mixed bag mind you but enough to put together a half decent side if they're organised properly. 

There's no question that they could be deployed better. 

Putting someone like Ojo in a key attacking midfield role where he's got to play the final ball or get on the end of chances is suicidal stuff.   No much wonder things break down. 

And pushing two full backs up with two wide forwards on the flanks at the same time with only one striker in the middle doesn't do you any favours in attacking sense as you've got 4 players high up the pitch but wide when you need more folk in the box.   Then you've got central midfielders trying to close the gap to support the central striker. 

Then when you lose the ball you've nobody in the middle of the pitch and are wide open. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We've got a huge amount of players.  A mixed bag mind you but enough to put together a half decent side if they're organised properly. 

There's no question that they could be deployed better. 

Putting someone like Ojo in a key attacking midfield role where he's got to play the final ball or get on the end of chances is suicidal stuff.   No much wonder things break down. 

And pushing two full backs up with two wide forwards on the flanks at the same time with only one striker in the middle doesn't do you any favours in attacking sense as you've got 4 players high up the pitch but wide when you need more folk in the box.   Then you've got central midfielders trying to close the gap to support the central striker. 

Then when you lose the ball you've nobody in the middle of the pitch and are wide open. 

Trouble is however we set up when you' have Ojo in the first eleven you fucked

So many games just past him by. He cannot pass or tackle simply brings nothing to the club

He should have left the club and become a personal trainer as is his desire 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Hedges, Samuels, McLennan, Kennedy, McGinn and Hayes can all play on the wing. 

Number 10s is a made up position that a lot of teams in Scotland don’t have. Can’t think of much teams that have one. 

Hayes and McCrorie can play either side at full back. Gurr also signed, granted he’s shit but it’s cover.

Watkins more than good enough in the number 9 position.

Its the utilisation of the squad that’s the issue.

 

Hedges I'll give you - but I wouldn't say he's an out and out winger.

Samuels has proved since he came here, that he certainly isn't a winger.  McLennan has flattered to deceive throughout his AFC career.  Kennedy - dearie me!  McGinn is done and Hayes is looking like he's going the same way!

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Trouble is however we set up when you' have Ojo in the first eleven you fucked

Correct.

Even McInnes sussed this out early on and cut his losses.

The boy is an absolute abomination of a footballer.

Share this post


Link to post

I worked out the solution a few games ago , just get yourself so heavily intoxicated that you don’t remember anything that happened in the game and don’t check the results the next day

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Fridge said:

I worked out the solution a few games ago , just get yourself so heavily intoxicated that you don’t remember anything that happened in the game and don’t check the results the next day

Most fans have already taken this up.

As for DC, well he was in attendance at dens on Saturday night & surely unless he's got hearing problems has heard the discontentment of the fans & should be coming out & saying something.

Be lucky if there's 8k there on Saturday,

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Stewart Milne will have been saying to Cormack yesterday to stay strong and back his manager. Milne is a sneaky fucker though and will be hoping that Glass takes the worst ever manager mantle from Mark McGhee so that it makes Milne a bit more competent. 
I would put money on him already informing Cormack that he made a big mistake getting rid of McInnes.

 

The glaikit yokel will have been enjoying reach arounds with Hun DMC, both sleekitly plunging the knife in when backs are turned

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Nonsense. The squad is more than good enough. It’s the setup that’s the issue.

So let's assume Ramirez does a hammy in training this week

Where are the goals coming from in the 6 weeks he would be out for? Samuels is just an ethnic minority version of McLennan and Jet is about as mobile as Neson's Column. Watkins might be ok but we have probably signed him a year past his peak and anyway he's usually to be found in the GP waiting room about to collect his next sick-note for a variety of interesting injuries and ailments that could be published in a book for medical students interested in a career in sports medicine.

Why is Ojo (who Glass admitted we tried to shift on in the summer) getting a regular game ahead of other midfielders like Longstaff (hardly featured at all despite being the marquee signing) or Jenks (the Ghost reincarnated)  or even McGeouch or Campbell (must've shat in Glass' shoes to be so far out of the picture)

Gallagher and Bates, both Scotland internationals looking like they're both total bombscares. So much so that McCrorie, when fit, is now considered the first pick in central defence ahead of both of them......sevco and Portsmouth considered him fucking useless there.

And then there is the small issue of two hapless goalkeepers vying for a position neither of them is capable of filling long term without committing horrific blunders about once a month.

I do agree with you that the set up is a massive issue on top of all this but I'm afraid that Glass has blown a fantastic budget on a pile of fucking dross

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Gurr also signed, granted he’s shit but it’s cover.

Think you’ve shot your self in the foot there, son 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

So let's assume Ramirez does a hammy in training this week

Where are the goals coming from in the 6 weeks he would be out for? Samuels is just an ethnic minority version of McLennan and Jet is about as mobile as Neson's Column. Watkins might be ok but we have probably signed him a year past his peak and anyway he's usually to be found in the GP waiting room about to collect his next sick-note for a variety of interesting injuries and ailments that could be published in a book for medical students interested in a career in sports medicine.

Why is Ojo (who Glass admitted we tried to shift on in the summer) getting a regular game ahead of other midfielders like Longstaff (hardly featured at all despite being the marquee signing) or Jenks (the Ghost reincarnated)  or even McGeouch or Campbell (must've shat in Glass' shoes to be so far out of the picture)

Gallagher and Bates, both Scotland internationals looking like they're both total bombscares. So much so that McCrorie, when fit, is now considered the first pick in central defence ahead of both of them......sevco and Portsmouth considered him fucking useless there.

And then there is the small issue of two hapless goalkeepers vying for a position neither of them is capable of filling long term without committing horrific blunders about once a month.

I do agree with you that the set up is a massive issue on top of all this but I'm afraid that Glass has blown a fantastic budget on a pile of fucking dross

 

The ojo points dont change my opinion on the squad. Just because Glass rates him above that lot doesn’t mean he’s right. I’d have all 3 over Ojo.

I thought Gallagher and Bates looked decent first half but two mistakes again. I think they are both capable of better.

Watkins is fit just now and so is Ramirez so that’s two options upfront. Samuels is meant to be a striker too. 

A good manager gets this squad 3rd/4th no bother. Find it weird people don’t think it’s a good squad. There is also plenty depth. Using the fact these players haven’t played well under a total incompetent manager doesn’t wash. Another manager makes these players better.

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

The ojo points dont change my opinion on the squad. Just because Glass rates him above that lot doesn’t mean he’s right. I’d have all 3 over Ojo.

I thought Gallagher and Bates looked decent first half but two mistakes again. I think they are both capable of better.

Watkins is fit just now and so is Ramirez so that’s two options upfront. Samuels is meant to be a striker too. 

A good manager gets this squad 3rd/4th no bother. Find it weird people don’t think it’s a good squad. There is also plenty depth. Using the fact these players haven’t played well under a total incompetent manager doesn’t wash. Another manager makes these players better.

Some think the squad is poor, some think it is decent.

We won't truely know until we get a proper manager in. And that needs to be now so that he can assess and make the necessary arrangements for Jan. 

Edited by Ernie McCracken

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, DD1903 said:
Quote

 I was far from alone in warning Dons fans to be careful what they wished for

This alone invalidates anything else he writes.  

I bet he's been dying to type it as well, just WAITING for McInnes replacement to fail so he could use the "oh, I told you so" line.   

This isn't a computer simulation where you pick the right set of parameters and run the program and things just work as you expect. In real life things don't work out the way they hoped, mistakes are made, people don't adapt to new environments for whatever reason, abilities can go up and down.   Unfortunately for us, Glass has come in and said all the right things and to be fair to him, the first few games in charge we did look more exciting and scoring more goals, but it didn't last and players he brought in were either not as good as he thought or they just aren't performing to their own standards. Add in the injuries, the Fergie transfer request, the inexperience of the manager...it's all gone tits up.

I was pretty pessimistic about Glass coming in, but I did get a bit more enthusiastic from hearing him talk about the type of football he wants to play etc etc.  

There's actually people on Twitter asking if you'd have McInnes back, and people have replied that they would. People have physically typed they would with, probably, a straight fucking face, that they'd take McInnes back.  Not forgetting the fact that he was fired and we'd have more chance getting Klopp in as manager than McInnes coming back, but the short memories of some is incredible. 2 seasons of some of the most boring football i've ever seen. Even some of the defeats this season have been more exciting than a number of wins i've witnessed at Pittodrie in the last few seasons (before anyone says anything, i'm not saying "playing well and getting beat is better than winning and playing shit, just pointing out how poor the football was to watch). It was 100% a time for change. 

We've all had ex girlfriends who were boring as fuck, and you've started going out with someone new and they were actually even worse. You generally don't think "well, I should probably just go back with the ex", you'd move onto the next person and try and find the one that's right, not just revert back. 

 

Anyways, I am digressing from the point > LECKIE IS A FUCKING CUNT. 

Edited by StandFree1982
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

The ojo points dont change my opinion on the squad. Just because Glass rates him above that lot doesn’t mean he’s right. I’d have all 3 over Ojo.

I thought Gallagher and Bates looked decent first half but two mistakes again. I think they are both capable of better.

Watkins is fit just now and so is Ramirez so that’s two options upfront. Samuels is meant to be a striker too. 

A good manager gets this squad 3rd/4th no bother. Find it weird people don’t think it’s a good squad. There is also plenty depth. Using the fact these players haven’t played well under a total incompetent manager doesn’t wash. Another manager makes these players better.

A decent manager will be able to get players like Gallagher and Bates to cut out the mistakes. We've a core of a good squad, but the management team aren't getting the best out of the players at their disposal. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Saturday's Kid said:

We are averaging less than a point a game and in only three seasons have we ever got under a point a game. 1916/17, 1999/2000 and 2003/04, It's early days but it does indicate the trouble we're in.

Mcinnes had us on under a GOAL a game last season.

We were already in serious trouble.

Cormack's fuckwittery in his subsequent managerial appointment has only compounded it.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...