Dad

Next Manager

3 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

😄 You've just pulled that out yer arse. I doubt we've ever entered his thoughts.

I've pulled it out of my arse?  you're an arse more like.

While I had heard it first hand from him, it didn't take me long to Google it for proof, from 27 August on Matty Longstaff loan article:

"Aberdeen is a good club and it's a decent place to play so good luck to him."

Bruce says that Longstaff's exit won't help him in terms of bringing in another loan signing."

...he also previously loaned us Aluko so clearly combined with the facts here, he does hold us in high regard. 

Bruce is due 8M in comp if he’s binned from Newcastle (according to SSN)

you surely don’t think he would take our 500k pa post?

3 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I fucking hope not 

1 hour ago, Alex Ferguson said:

😄

6 hours ago, Alex Ferguson said:

While I had heard it first hand from him, it didn't take me long to Google it for proof, from 27 August on Matty Longstaff loan article:

"Aberdeen is a good club and it's a decent place to play so good luck to him."

Bruce says that Longstaff's exit won't help him in terms of bringing in another loan signing."

...he also previously loaned us Aluko so clearly combined with the facts here, he does hold us in high regard. 

Eric Black was the main facilitor in the Aluko deal, he was Steve Bruces assistant at the time

7 hours ago, Poodler said:

Given that we’d probably allow him to commute from Cheshire 2 days a week or some such pish and give him all the rowies he could eat then yes.  Probably.

7 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Eric Black was the main facilitor in the Aluko deal, he was Steve Bruces assistant at the time

I doubt the assistant had the final say.  But an interesting thought - how about Black, finally, as our manager with Bruce in a DoF role?!

1 hour ago, Alex Ferguson said:

I doubt the assistant had the final say.  But an interesting thought - how about Black, finally, as our manager with Bruce in a DoF role?!

The oaf said at the time that Black was instrumental in Aluko  arriving at Pittodrie,

Black ship has sailed as manager I fear, 

Director of football , now that would be a perfect role for him

On 10/13/2021 at 4:32 PM, Ke1t said:

Well, yeah, he did win us a cup.

What else happened?

Are we describing Aitken or McInnes here?

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

The oaf said at the time that Black was instrumental in Aluko  arriving at Pittodrie,

Black ship has sailed as manager I fear, 

Director of football , now that would be a perfect role for him

Well with Blacks contacts, including Bruce, you'd imagine he'd be able to tap into him for us

Ask Alex Neil if he fancies a rolling contract to get himself back in limelight 

Ask St Mirren if we can talk to Goodwin (probably too much money to get him with compo)

or at very least, bring in Hughes until right man is available 

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Ask St Mirren if we can talk to Goodwin (probably too much money to get him with compo)

We're going to have to throw some money at this now. 

Both in terms of getting someone decent to come in and paying off the yts management team.  Not to mention the January transfer window. 

Expensive experiment. 

13 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Neil would be my choice but he'd want wages of a level that McInnes was coining in. 

Goodwin or Davidson would require us to cough up compo to their clubs but would be far cheaper in wages so really wouldn't be any more expensive than Neil over a 3 year contract.

Those are my 3 I'd want presuming that Cormack gets rid of Glass by November.

However if he farts around and comes out with a statement along the lines of "we need to give Stephen time to implement his ideas fully and so we will give him time to turn things around" then I fully expect us to be deeply mired in a relegation battle by December/January when he realises he can't let things go on any longer. And in that instance there's only one man I'd want and that's Yogi. The problem being with that is whilst I'm certain he'd keep us up.....we'd then have to suffer his brand of football for 2 years more until his contract ran out. We'd be in no relegation bother but absolute mediocrity would be the order of the day.

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Neil would be my choice but he'd want wages of a level that McInnes was coining in. 

Goodwin or Davidson would require us to cough up compo to their clubs but would be far cheaper in wages so really wouldn't be any more expensive than Neil over a 3 year contract.

However if he farts around and comes out with a statement along the lines of "we need to give Stephen time to implement his ideas fully and so we will give him time to turn things around" then I fully expect us to be deeply mired in a relegation battle by December/January when he realises he can't let things go on any longer. And in that instance there's only one man I'd want and that's Yogi. The problem being with that is whilst I'm certain he'd keep us up.....we'd then have to suffer his brand of football for 2 years more until his contract ran out. We'd be in no relegation bother but absolute mediocrity would be the order of the day.

This is why I think we should offer Hughes a simple (fitting) rolling contract but tell him the job is still available to applicants. 

If we don’t get a suitable replacement by January then we give Hughes a crack at that window but on same terms for rest of season

24 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Marijo Tot wants the job. Get him in ASAP!

He's won 19 matches out of 81 he has manged 

4 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

He's won 19 matches out of 81 he has manged 

Get him in

Alex Neil would be a good appointment.  But not sure if that fits with Cormacks philosophy. All the Cormack said he wanted a young manager. Neil is younger than Glass. But does he understand the Aberdeen way..

16 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We're just going to have to bite the bullet and accept we're going to have to throw some money at this. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Club will approach St Mirren next week, £225k compo fee for Goodwin

🤣🤣🤥🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Ask Europe’s top bettors 

Why when I can just ask one of my many sources at the club.

14 minutes ago, minijc said:

🤣🤣🤥🤣🤣

Again. Letting everyone know how ITK you are. Looking like a knob. 

If you know something to the contrary, say that. Rather than the childish pish.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Again. Letting everyone know how ITK you are. Looking like a knob. 

If you know something to the contrary, say that. Rather than the childish pish.

Lol, come beg in my DMs again you pap.

Goodwin was the right choice for me when McInnes was sacked. I think he's the right choice after Glass is inevitably sacked