Dad

Next Manager

26 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Oskar Thorvaldsson. 47 years old. Current Breidablik boss. Sitting 2nd in the league. 1 point off the top. Played 22 league games and won 15. Scored 55 and conceded 21. So they score a lot and conceded on average less than a goal a game? I liked how they played against us and with a bigger budget i think he could do well. People might say "well it's only the Icelandic league". We've all got to start somewhere. 

On Alex Neil, Cormack would have to ditch his entire philosophy about "emerging talent". Which is why i think he won't get mentioned. And he's been prstty clear he doesn't want to manage in Scotland again. His pay-off from PNE won't see him short of a quid or two. Lennon won't get it either. Him and Cormack would be disastrous. Wouldn't get on at all. 

Nice SI hoody ina iirc

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t think Glass will be sacked this week.

Maybe no, but I'd hope tonight has rubber stamped that decision in the boardroom and they're sussing out the options now, if not before now.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

How do we even know Cormack will swallow his pride & sack Glass?

If he doesn't, we're in the biggest hole in the club's history. As an AFC fan and Aberdeen born, I'm reasonably sure Cormack would read that as his legacy and as his failure and do the necessary before it's irreparable

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Oskar Thorvaldsson. 47 years old. Current Breidablik boss. Sitting 2nd in the league. 1 point off the top. Played 22 league games and won 15. Scored 55 and conceded 21. So they score a lot and conceded on average less than a goal a game? I liked how they played against us and with a bigger budget i think he could do well. People might say "well it's only the Icelandic league". We've all got to start somewhere. 

On Alex Neil, Cormack would have to ditch his entire philosophy about "emerging talent". Which is why i think he won't get mentioned. And he's been prstty clear he doesn't want to manage in Scotland again. His pay-off from PNE won't see him short of a quid or two. Lennon won't get it either. Him and Cormack would be disastrous. Wouldn't get on at all. 

Better stats than Glass for sure.

In his 16 games this season (with all his players he chose to sign/keep) 

we have scored 22 & conceded 24 in 16 fkn games 

The 5-1 v Haken hides how bad the goals for are a little but even with that those stats are fkn diabolical 

20 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Maybe no, but I'd hope tonight has rubber stamped that decision in the boardroom and they're sussing out the options now, if not before now.

If he doesn't, we're in the biggest hole in the club's history. As an AFC fan and Aberdeen born, I'm reasonably sure Cormack would read that as his legacy and as his failure and do the necessary before it's irreparable

We can but hope Frankie 

If the board aren’t preparing a list of potential managers now then they are fkn taking the piss.

If Cormack is overriding the idea of planning for binning his fkwit puppet then he should be overruled via vote of no confidence 

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If the board aren’t preparing a list of potential managers now then they are fkn taking the piss.

We're more likely to get a tweet tomorrow saying how much he enjoyed being back home and having a rowie for breakfast. But nae a buttery mind because I'm one of you and we need to stick together now more than ever. #standfree

Edited by aberdeen1970

7 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He said publicly he had the final say on who comes in. Said as much in a Q&A

So aye, I’ll blame Glass.

I think about 11 of the 13 that came in did so before Mowbray was appointed? 

Jet and Gallagher were signed on Broon's say so.

7 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

You obviously know of another millionaire waiting in the wings  to replace Cormack

Mike Ashley🤔

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Better stats than Glass for sure.

In his 16 games this season (with all his players he chose to sign/keep) 

we have scored 22 & conceded 24 in 16 fkn games 

The 5-1 v Haken hides how bad the goals for are a little but even with that those stats are fkn diabolical 

I said on twitter a few weeks ago that the Hacken game seemed to be the exception this season and we caught them out as they had no idea of the team we'd put out. Had we have played them in the 2nd round they'd have pumped us out i reckon. 

We are in such a sorry state right now. I'm still seeing some people saying give Glass the next 3 games. Why?? He's shown he's not up to it. It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if we kept him on even after appointing a new manager as a coach or something. Punting him out the club altogether isn't something i think Cormack will do. 

8 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I said on twitter a few weeks ago that the Hacken game seemed to be the exception this season and we caught them out as they had no idea of the team we'd put out. Had we have played them in the 2nd round they'd have pumped us out i reckon. 

We are in such a sorry state right now. I'm still seeing some people saying give Glass the next 3 games. Why?? He's shown he's not up to it. It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if we kept him on even after appointing a new manager as a coach or something. Punting him out the club altogether isn't something i think Cormack will do. 

Glass may as well have the next 3 games since this is his detritus 

Then bring the new guy in when he has a hope of getting off to a good start

We have the squad to finish 3rd, just not the manager or staff

If I had to put money on what will happen over the next few weeks, it will be for Cormack to throw money at it.

Either a free agent centre half will come in, and/or a older coach like Brian Rice will arrive.

I just can’t see Cormack’s arrogance allowing him to admit he’s fucked up. Even if Glass attempted to resign, Cormack will implore him to continue.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

If I had to put money on what will happen over the next few weeks, it will be for Cormack to throw money at it.

Either a free agent centre half will come in, and/or a older coach like Brian Rice will arrive.

I just can’t see Cormack’s arrogance allowing him to admit he’s fucked up. Even if Glass attempted to resign, Cormack will implore him to continue.

If Cormack continues to throw money at it then he's even more stupid than he looks. He's made a royal cunt of this whole thing. He needs to take decisive action and quickly. Would bringing in an experienced assistant now not totally undermine Glass, Russell, Apaloo and Brown? 

I reckon Glass could survive to take charge of the Hibs match then when the inevitable happens he will be sacked so Barry Robson and Neil Simpson take control for the midweek match at Ibrox. A new manager could well be in place for the visit of Hearts to Pittodrie.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out... and will tell us even more about Cormack!

Not sure about another CB coming in, but wouldn't surprise me if Cormack attempts to bring in a seasoned experienced coach to assist Glass.  Would not reflect well on him at all.  

4 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Neil Simpson take control for the midweek match at Ibrox.

That wouldn’t be allowed to happen 

13 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Just the 4 players then?… on top of the bloated squad we already have?

As it is, we have at least 4 players, maybe more, who we could do without. We need rid of them & that’s not easy on the salaries they’re on. 

Our recruitment has been a fucking shambles under Glass. 

We could shed 10 players from our 26 man squad.

These four can be free loans from england if necessary. 

Anyway it doesnt really matter as Cormack, Gunn and Glass will be taking the January window and Glass wont be sacked until later on

14 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We could shed 10 players from our 26 man squad.

These four can be free loans from england if necessary. 

Anyway it doesnt really matter as Cormack, Gunn and Glass will be taking the January window and Glass wont be sacked until later on

That is a scary concept given the mess of the first window - giving that group another bash at it and another round of games showing our current performance level we'll be deep in the mire with relegation becoming Colgates legacy to the club - he'll be popular down Govan way - is he an Orangeman?

42 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

That wouldn’t be allowed to happen 

It would be fun

28 minutes ago, don corleone said:

Ole gunnar solskjaer. He'll be looking for a new job soon. 

Help me understand this

Is it a genuine suggestion, or a feeble attempt at humour?

Either way, I don't get it

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

If Cormack continues to throw money at it then he's even more stupid than he looks. He's made a royal cunt of this whole thing. He needs to take decisive action and quickly. Would bringing in an experienced assistant now not totally undermine Glass, Russell, Apaloo and Brown? 

I would expect Apaloo to get redeployed at Atlanta.

Brian Rice would be my pick as assistant and let him remain in that role when Glass finally gets bulleted.

Edited by sooth_stander

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Kjetil Knutsen

Bodo Glimt boss? No way we could afford him or attract him here surely. Was he not getting touted for jobs in England? 

Apaloo and Russell would be easily paid off.  Russell on a shoogly peg anyway after apparently misleading the club about his road offences. 

The main issue is Brown.  He's signed a 2 year player coach contract. 

So either someone comes in who's happy with Brown as an assistant or we have to pay Brown off early as well which wouldn't be cheap. 

All roads lead to Lennon on a short term deal.  He'd happily have Brown in his coaching team. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Apaloo and Russell would be easily paid off.  Russell on a shoogly peg anyway after apparently misleading the club about his road offences. 

So either someone comes in who's happy with Brown as an assistant or we have to pay Brown off early as well which wouldn't be cheap. 

All roads lead to Lennon on a short term deal.  He'd happily have Brown in his coaching team. 

Can see it now.

Lennon gets a contract to the end of the season. 
Results pick up & he gets a longer contract.

Jesus fuck, what a thought. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I still don't see Lennon getting anywhere close to getting the job. Cormack seems very hands on and that's not the sort of chairman Lennon would want to work under. And he's quite pally with McInnes aswell so i'm sure he would have a few stories to tell Lennon. Can't see it. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Can see it now.

Do you think Lennon would work as Brown's assistant?  That's the other option with those two.

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Can see it now.

That is a very real possibility, certainly the Brown factor will have a big influence on what happens with Glass's replacement and Lennon is a very realistic candidate 👎

9 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

That is a very real possibility, certainly the Brown factor will have a big influence on what happens with Glass's replacement and Lennon is a very realistic candidate 👎

I think there's a certain inevitability about it.  Brown and Lennon are as thick as thieves.  I'd honestly rather have Yogi until the end of the season.  Would at least lift the mood around the club.