Dad

Next Manager

Neil Lennon would be a disaster without a doubt, he totally fucked up Celtic

Colgate will not sack SG for a few more weeks unfortunately he will continue to back him, weak leadership and a deafening silence is very evident at the moment

I can only really comment on the guys that are connected to football in Scotland as I'm not knowledgeable enough about lower division English football. 

From that list I'd be looking at Neil or Goodwin.  Goodwin would be my hunch as first choice. 

I like the cut of Goodwin's jib as a manager and he's already stepped up once in his career and done well.  I think he'd step up again and thrive as a manager here. Looks like a guy that can cope with pressure too. Also seems to have good contacts in Ireland for players as well as bringing a few decent youngsters through at St Mirren.   Just pay the compensation and be done with it. 

And despite some folk denigrating his record Alex Neil has punched above his weight most of his career and despite being younger than Glass has a long record as a manager.  Understands the game up here as well as down south. The budget he had at Preston is similar to the one he'd have here so he'll have been shopping in similar places. 

Davidson is the obvious other one but for some reason I think he'll be heading south next when he does go. 

Edited by aberdeen1970

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No. 

I think he might 

Stuggles with the pressure of being manager.  Might fancy a wee spell helping his mate as a number two. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think he might 

Stuggles with the pressure of being manager.  Might fancy a wee spell helping his mate as a number two. 

He’s never going to admit (even to himself) that  he struggles with the pressures of being manager. 

After reading all the posts I think everybody has valid points.

I think this has to be addressed & the longer it continues the unrest amongst the fans will grow.

It's become toxic now. 

Personally I'd prefer a proven experienced manager, it's whether DC will splash anymore cash to appoint one.

Glass is out his depth & the appointment was an easy option for DC.

We all have hoped that it would work & so far it isn't.

We get told that people can see what Glass & his team are trying to do, well I can't, I don't see anything different week in week out.

The 2 guys Russell & appaloo, what exactly are they bringing?

Russell coached England's strikers? Was it at subbuteo?

Too many gutys in this squad that should've been shown the door a while back but still happy to be bit part players taking good money. Get them ti fuck.

The fans deserve better & most importantly the fans deserve honesty & leadership & are getting nothing. 

DC has to come out & admit it isn't working & look at a new manager sooner rather than later.

A few of us met Stewart milne yesterday heading to the ground & he was in good spirits talking away to fans, his words were "tonights game is a must win" 

So we shall see what this week brings, I suspect Glass will still be in the dugout come Saturday, another defeat & it could be game over. Or will we be saying different after he wins the next 3 games.

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s never going to admit (even to himself) that  he struggles with the pressures of being manager. 

He's spoken about it publicly on several previous occasions. 

Anyway I'm nae pushing Lennon for a job here so I'll leave it there 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I can only really comment on the guys that are connected to football in Scotland as I'm not knowledgeable enough about lower division English football. 

From that list I'd be looking at Neil or Goodwin.  Goodwin would be my hunch as first choice. 

I like the cut of Goodwin's jib as a manager and he's already stepped up once in his career and done well.  I think he'd step up again and thrive as a manager here. Looks like a guy that can cope with pressure too. Also seems to have good contacts in Ireland for players as well as bringing a few decent youngsters through at St Mirren.   Just pay the compensation and be done with it. 

And despite some folk denigrating his record Alex Neil has punched above his weight most of his career and despite being younger than Glass has a long record as a manager.  Understands the game up here as well as down south. The budget he had at Preston is similar to the one he'd have here so he'll have been shopping in similar places. 

Davidson is the obvious other one but for some reason I think he'll be heading south next when he does go. 

Goodwin is impressing me.  He's lost a few players from last season, but seems to be bouncing back quite well this year.  The way things are going, he'll get a chance at a bigger club before long.

Davidson I think is a non-starter.  He'll probably end up down south - he'll be looking to capitalise on his recent success.  Also, his style of play would not go down well with our fans - given that was one of the major reasons for getting rid of McInnes!

31 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

I think there's a certain inevitability about it.  Brown and Lennon are as thick as thieves.  I'd honestly rather have Yogi until the end of the season.  Would at least lift the mood around the club. 

Yogi Hughes? Fuck that. 

Guys a pleb.

We will be talking Jocky Scott next.

2 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Get him in

No chance. Stinks of Stendel at Hearts.

Wed need to get someone who’s experienced in the league.

3 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Goodwin is impressing me.  He's lost a few players from last season, but seems to be bouncing back quite well this year.  The way things are going, he'll get a chance at a bigger club before long.

Davidson I think is a non-starter.  He'll probably end up down south - he'll be looking to capitalise on his recent success.  Also, his style of play would not go down well with our fans - given that was one of the major reasons for getting rid of McInnes!

Style of play wasn’t a major reason. We didn’t score in 10 games. 

39 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do you think Lennon would work as Brown's assistant?  That's the other option with those two.

Not a fucking chance

If Brown doesn't get installed as manager once Colgate gets his finger out and bullets Glass, I could envisage Brown speaking to the new boss asking to be released from his contract. And I think it's likely that the new boss would agree. Would free up a decent chunk of wages instantly.

However if Broon does turn out to be the chosen one, I could certainly see him appointing someone from his time at Celtic as his assistant. Johan Mjallby maybe ( currently managing in the Swedish 4th division)? 

9 minutes ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Yogi Hughes? Fuck that. 

Guys a pleb.

We will be talking Jocky Scott next.

Are you forgetting our last appointment was the Atlanta United Reserve coach?   In football terms, you couldn't really get more of 'a pleb' than that!

His ICT team went toe-to-toe with us for much of McInnes' early term as AFC manager.  With the Huns, Hibs, Hearts, etc, a rabble - they were probably our main challengers!  McInnes had a much bigger budget and did have the higher league finishes - but Yogi won the Scottish Cup vs McInnes League Cup.... and of course Yogi was a penalty shoot-out from wrestling that league cup from McInnes!

Yogi actually tries to play expensive, attractive football too.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

No chance. Stinks of Stendel at Hearts.

Wed need to get someone who’s experienced in the league.

Disagree. We need a proper manager. Not someone who is used to rolling over for Celtic and Rangers. Someone who is attack minded and can have solid foundations built at the back. What kind of player Tot can bring to Aberdeen I don’t know but I like the idea of him knowing players who we normally would know little about. He could be a breath of fresh air into our club….we definitely need that.

Callum Davidson & Jim Goodwin have done exceptional jobs at their respective clubs which makes you wonder what they might be capable of managing a bigger club with bigger budgets, but also bigger expectations. 

There's no reason why we have to have a stop gap manager next. 

If there's a guy out there who fits the bill, wants to come and is affordable let's just get going instead of fucking about with stop gaps. 

28 minutes ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Callum Davidson & Jim Goodwin have done exceptional jobs at their respective clubs which makes you wonder what they might be capable of managing a bigger club with bigger budgets, but also bigger expectations. 

Let us be honest I doubt they would have done as bad a job as Glass has.

37 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Disagree. We need a proper manager. Not someone who is used to rolling over for Celtic and Rangers. Someone who is attack minded and can have solid foundations built at the back. What kind of player Tot can bring to Aberdeen I don’t know but I like the idea of him knowing players who we normally would know little about. He could be a breath of fresh air into our club….we definitely need that.

Nope we need someone to steady the ship so we don’t get in a relegation scrap. Getting someone who’s a huge risk again is a non starter.

9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Nope we need someone to steady the ship so we don’t get in a relegation scrap. Getting someone who’s a huge risk again is a non starter.

Hardly a risk…very experienced and will know probably a better standard of player than we have currently. The Croatian style of play is far superior to ours. We should learn a thing or two from them.

53 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Are you forgetting our last appointment was the Atlanta United Reserve coach?   In football terms, you couldn't really get more of 'a pleb' than that!

His ICT team went toe-to-toe with us for much of McInnes' early term as AFC manager.  With the Huns, Hibs, Hearts, etc, a rabble - they were probably our main challengers!  McInnes had a much bigger budget and did have the higher league finishes - but Yogi won the Scottish Cup vs McInnes League Cup.... and of course Yogi was a penalty shoot-out from wrestling that league cup from McInnes!

Yogi actually tries to play expensive, attractive football too.  

Yogi Hughes.

For the love of fuck, make it stop. 

He’s a village idiot. 

The fact folk are even suggesting him shows the depths we have sunk FFS. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Hardly a risk…very experienced and will know probably a better standard of player than we have currently. The Croatian style of play is far superior to ours. We should learn a thing or two from them.

Hardly a risk? End the conversation there, you’re a lunatic.

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yogi Hughes.

He’s a village idiot. 

"Hi, Yogi? This is Dave Cormack. Seems I made a BooBoo in appointing Stephen, so I'm looking to bring in you and at least one more cartoon character to save us from relegation."

"Aye? Howsh abootsh Neil Lennon? He's a fuckin' Muppet."

spacer.png

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yogi Hughes.

He’s a village idiot. 

But won a Scottish Cup with ICT which is better than any of our managers have managed in the last 30 years. And on a budget a fraction of what they all had (maybe Paterson excepted)

Don't kid yourself about Yogi being thick. It's an act he encourages.

Now I certainly don't want him to replace Glass if the inevitable happens in the next few days/weeks

But if Glass somehow is allowed to carry on and we inevitably find ourselves truly in relegation difficulties by the time he is bulleted........then Yogi is the one man I'd want to keep us up. It's a very specific brief though and I don't think he'd take the job if it were only for 6 months as an emergency fill in. 

9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Hardly a risk? End the conversation there, you’re a lunatic.

Marijo Tot would be a perfect fit for Aberdeen. Scott Brown could do well by paying attention to the detail the Croatian coach would bring to the table. He certainly wouldn’t have learned much from Glass. 
Once Tot is snapped up by another club to change their fortunes Scott Brown will have served a proper apprenticeship as a coach and will be ready to step in.

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Get him in

I think he wouldve been good when the job came available with McInnes going.

Now its a bit more of a scrap.  

I do think we shouldve went down the European coach route originally.

I suspect Cormack will give him until internstional break. 

44 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

But won a Scottish Cup with ICT which is better than any of our managers have managed in the last 30 years. And on a budget a fraction of what they all had (maybe Paterson excepted)

Don't kid yourself about Yogi being thick. It's an act he encourages.

Now I certainly don't want him to replace Glass if the inevitable happens in the next few days/weeks

But if Glass somehow is allowed to carry on and we inevitably find ourselves truly in relegation difficulties by the time he is bulleted........then Yogi is the one man I'd want to keep us up. It's a very specific brief though and I don't think he'd take the job if it were only for 6 months as an emergency fill in. 

Why do we need a stop gap?  Just go after the next permanent manager and skip the stop gap. 

Lennon, Hughes, Robertson for the love of fuck.  Id have Jim Duffy before any of them.  Really shit times. Needed sorted asap