Dad

Next Manager

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Klinsmann. Lol.

No wonder we are a laughing stock at times. We don't help ourselves.

Exactly, why would we go for him when Low has become available? Jokers.

• Haha 1

I don't want to settle for some has-been, if we're going into unproven territory I'd rather try the Man City guy out or Fletcher.  I don't think I could watch another manager settle for a draw the majority of the time. 

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

Batistuta

Gesundheit

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Definitely  Maresca for me

Why? Seriously...

Before he was mentioned yesterday, what had you heard about the guy?

I'll wager fuck all until you Googled.

I'm not saying he might not be good but he seems to be championed by many people who know fuck all about the guy. 

12 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Exactly, why would we go for him when Low has become available? Jokers.

Low?

Is that yon cunt that cla's at his erse and helmet then sniffs the debris?

Also eats his ain bogeys?

I'd be up for that.

Be mair entertaining than onything else we've seen oer the last 3 years.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Would welcome a Klinsmann type appointment all day long.

We absolutely require to generate interest levels again pre a move to a new stadium.

Big, big decision for DC. He needs to be bold and get the decision right 🤔

I wouldn’t worry about a new stadium.

That’ll be in about 3 managers time... maybe 

5 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Aye that's him..

Cool. Here's my research upon this confirmation.

spacer.png

😆

30 minutes ago, dj_bollocks said:

spacer.png

Is that another vote for John Collins?

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Is that another vote for John Collins?

You are in stunning form this week

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Very droll, Tord 

John Collins famously stripped down in the Easter Road dressing room on one of his first days in charge. Google it

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

John Collins famously stripped down in the Easter Road dressing room on one of his first days in charge. Google it

I knew what you meant. I was commenting as it amused me. 

• Upvote 1

I genuinely believe DC is going to lay down a marker with whoever our new manager is.  I would not at all be surprised if we do get a much bigger name than those ordinarily touted around.  
DC sees Aberdeen as far more than just the football club as we would have seen and known it, more of a franchise, a brand, a marketable brand with wide brand ambitions.  The drive behind community, and well-being are just a couple of examples.  I fully expect DC to surprise many and put out a statement of intent that will make a lot of Scottish Football sit up and take notice.  That starts with a manager, and a significant rebuild this summer. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

I genuinely believe DC is going to lay down a marker with whoever our new manager is.  I would not at all be surprised if we do get a much bigger name than those ordinarily touted around.  
DC sees Aberdeen as far more than just the football club as we would have seen and known it, more of a franchise, a brand, a marketable brand with wide brand ambitions.  The drive behind community, and well-being are just a couple of examples.  I fully expect DC to surprise many and put out a statement of intent that will make a lot of Scottish Football sit up and take notice.  That starts with a manager, and a significant rebuild this summer. 

Here's hoping!

4 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

This I agree with, I think he knows his legacy rests on this appointment. Fail and he'll be Wig Wam Bam Mk. II

It’ll be a massive rebuild job though so it’ll be someone with experience of these kind of things I reckon. 
Whoever it is will get my backing regardless. 

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Why? Seriously...

Before he was mentioned yesterday, what had you heard about the guy?

I'll wager fuck all until you Googled.

I'm not saying he might not be good but he seems to be championed by many people who know fuck all about the guy. 

Maresca is one of the favourites for the Celtic job, we have absolutely no chance of him coming here. Very highly rated coach. 

10 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Maresca is one of the favourites for the Celtic job, we have absolutely no chance of him coming here. Very highly rated coach. 

I dont think Celtic can afford to appoint a nobody even if he is destined to be the greatest ever manager. They will appoint a well known name

19 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

So was Magoo........and we got him 🤮

14 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

I have the same sort of feeling but also a bad feeling that Atlanta are pulling the strings and it will be Glass. 

I think you can write off guys like Robinson and Goodwin as you'd of been as well sticking with McInnes if that is your route. Goodwin still has a lot to prove despite having a decent start. Guys like Mcleish, Strachan, Mackay, Lennon are a total waste of time as well. 

The route that seems popular with supporters is a younger coach with little or no manager experience but has coached at a good level. Just going to throw some names out but by no means are these guys I would want.

Shaun Maloney- seriously feels he fancies the Celtic job but won't get it so could be an option for him to come here.

Darren Fletcher - I feel he was up here a lot doing media to get his name in the hat for potential jobs but since moving to Man U first team we would be struggling to get him.

Neil McFarlane - I mentioned him earlier as a bit of a joke but apparently well regarded at Brentford and beat teams like Arsenal and Chelsea this season with the reserves. 

Dean Holden - Was apparently on the shortlist in 2017 when Mcinnes nearly went to Sunderland. Recently sacked from Bristol City but had a 43% win record in the championship is not too bad. 

Barry Nicholson - Had a long spell with Fleetwood now in the youth team and working with Joey Barton, however I feel if he was good enough he would of got the job when Joey left. 

Stevie Crawford - Doing a good job at Dunfermline but probably not a name that would please the fans, would have sandy clark alongside him for experience but again his time didn't end to well.

Steven Reid - Working at Forrest and Scotland currently, well liked by the Scotland squad but again just a random name. 

We aren't going to get a manager that is doing a great job anywhere without paying decent money, it needs to be a calculated risk and good backroom team. Hopefully we get a new head of recruitment as well, maybe someone like Kyle Macaulay who is assistant head of recruitment of Brighton but may consider being the main man back home.

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

So was Magoo........and we got him 🤮

this is true haha

15 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I dont think Celtic can afford to appoint a nobody even if he is destined to be the greatest ever manager. They will appoint a well known name

I think the link comes with the potential appointment of Fergal Harkin as director of football who is the loans manager at Man City so has a relationship with Maresca. 

Daily Retard has come up with this name as a contender, Croatian manager Marijo Tot. Managed in China for a bit, last seen as an assistant manager in Saudi Arabian league football two years ago.

13 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

I think the link comes with the potential appointment of Fergal Harkin as director of football who is the loans manager at Man City so has a relationship with Maresca. 

...loved My Perfect Cousin. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Daily Retard has come up with this name as a contender, Croatian manager Marijo Tot. Managed in China for a bit, last seen as an assistant manager in Saudi Arabian league football two years ago.

This will no doubt be someone who has applied and their agent leaks the name to the press to drum up interest, rarely comes to anything. Gattuso applied for the Hamilton job a few years back.