Lets all laugh at Hearts

5 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

YOUR personal experience is a metric of success. It's a measure unless you feel 'seeing' Aberdeen win a trophy as a 6 year old is worth crowing about. You've won no major honours in 3 decades, except the wee sponsors cup. And stories of Gothenburg are getting a bit long in the tooth. You'd need to be late 50s to have seen that as an adult. Don't think that's the average age on here so you've a generation growing up who've seen next to no parades down Union Street. 

You're either happy with two LCs in 30 years or you're not. If not, why are you trying to defend it to me? Personally I'm not happy with 3 Scottish Cups in 25 years. We should be winning more. And I've said I'd like a league where all of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Utd are winning more. Celtic's run of trebles was embarrassing. 

I get the Aberdeen vs Hearts debate but recent experience is hardly one of us being out muscled in either honours or head to heads. You mention relegations but one was a points deduction and one was a partly complete season. (Unlike Utd and Hibs relegations. Who then both took years to come back up.) 

I don't rate our manager but still expect a season ahead every bit comparable to Aberdeen or Hibs. Again I look forward to our first fixture.

? as if you wouldn’t include ALL Hearts cups in your lifetime if there was more. You wouldn’t exclude some just because you were 6 years old ?

yous went 36 years in a row (maybe more) before yous won those ‘3 cups in your adult life’ ?  Hibs even had a song about your cupless run ? that shows how shite you were

Perfect example of twisting shite to suit

Adult life ? ironically childish perspective 

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

? as if you wouldn’t include ALL Hearts cups in your lifetime if there was more. You wouldn’t exclude some just because you were 6 years old ?

I've been blootered at a couple of ours and got hit by a brick in 89 so at least 3 are a bit vague, should I write them off too WHS?

I vividly remember 86 tho. :)

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

I've been blootered at a couple of ours and got hit by a brick in 89 so at least 3 are a bit vague, should I write them off too WHS?

I vividly remember 86 tho. :)

Ah 86 yes

I believe Hearts had gone 20 years without a trophy that year. They thought they were going to do the double ?

alas no. They had to wait another 16 years for a cup

4 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

As was your own relegation that you body swerved over Falkirk's stadium. 

Not true though is it because everybody knew there was no relegation that year if Falkirk were to be in the promotion spot.

so no rules were all to see before a ball was kicked that season 

Never relegated.all that time, not once.proper club we are, yous are just shite. Period 

4 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

As was your own relegation that you body swerved over Falkirk's stadium. 

You know this isn't true, which makes it a particularly shit comeback.

You had been the worst team over the past 18 months in the top league when you got relegated, deserved.

A typical Hearts fan, acting the big man who (thinks they) support a big club just before they fuck it all up again!?

You want to control the metrics to try make out Hearts are even close to Aberdeen, how about the fact that out with 2 trophies won during the Lithuanian money laundering years you have won 1 trophy since 1960... 1. 

You got relegated 3 times in 5 seasons in the late 70s , twice in the last 5 seasons.

Relegation is the big event you have witnessed more than any other ?

4 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Not true though is it because everybody knew there was no relegation that year if Falkirk were to be in the promotion spot.

so no rules were all to see before a ball was kicked that season 

Never relegated.all that time, not once.proper club we are, yous are just shite. Period 

Regardless on whether it was Falkirk or a.n.other team that did have the facilities required at the time, Aberdeen would have went into a 3 way round robin play-off to decide the worst team to play in the daddy league.

We were not saved from relegation, we were relieved of having to play in the round-robin games.

• Upvote 3
14 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Regardless on whether it was Falkirk or a.n.other team that did have the facilities required at the time, Aberdeen would have went into a 3 way round robin play-off to decide the worst team to play in the daddy league.

We were not saved from relegation, we were relieved of having to play in the round-robin games.

Aye, it would have been a play off. 

Wouldn't have fancied us that year much , we were fucking terrible. Worst Aberdeen team I've seen in my lifetime.

Finished below an absolutely dire Partick team as well. 

2 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

3 cups in 60 years isn't it?  ?

Yeah 3 major trophies since 1962. A shocking record for a club that promotes itself as Scotland's third biggest.

According to skins' logic had Hearts actually won the league title that day at Dens in 1986 (this was still in the Fergie AFC era) he would never mention it now as he'd be too embarrassed due to him being around 50 and not being an adult at the time. Too long ago to ever mention or be relevant. And if you believe that you'll believe anything. To this day that would have been by far his greatest moment as a Hearts fan regardless of him not being an adult and would easily surpass any of the SC's he watched them win as a proper bonafide adult. To say he would never mention it consistently to back up his opinion of Hearts' credentials as a club due to it being won in the Fergie era is bollocks. Yet when we mention leagues and european trophies won in the same era it's apparently embarrassing. Go figure.

Skins is right about one thing though Aberdeen have been utter shite in terms of winning major trophies since 1990. Glass needs to address that stat and rectify it quickly.

Skins and I are of a similar age but would I swap my memories of watching Aberdeen for his of watching Hearts since we both caught the football bug? I think we all know the answer to that. But deep down he knows he would swap experiences in a flash. He knows he will never see his club win the league title or european trophies. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Shinniesta said:

Yeah 3 major trophies since 1962. A shocking record for a club that promotes itself as Scotland's third biggest.

According to skins' logic had Hearts actually won the league title that day at Dens in 1986 (this was still in the Fergie AFC era) he would never mention it now as he'd be too embarrassed due to him being around 50 and not being an adult at the time. Too long ago to ever mention or be relevant. And if you believe that you'll believe anything. To this day that would have been by far his greatest moment as a Hearts fan regardless of him not being an adult and would easily surpass any of the SC's he watched them win as a proper bonafide adult. To say he would never mention it consistently to back up his opinion of Hearts' credentials as a club due to it being won in the Fergie era is bollocks. Yet when we mention leagues and european trophies won in the same era it's apparently embarrassing. Go figure.

Skins is right about one thing though Aberdeen have been utter shite in terms of winning major trophies since 1990. Glass needs to address that stat and rectify it quickly.

Skins and I are of a similar age but would I swap my memories of watching Aberdeen for his of watching Hearts since we both caught the football bug? I think we all know the answer to that. But deep down he knows he would swap experiences in a flash. He knows he will never see his club win the league title or european trophies. 

Ha. I knew you'd join this one mate. You make me laugh though with the Lithuanian years chat. Given sales for Gordon, Bednar and others. We actually brought in more revenue by selling than we spent. And I've been down this road with you before. Winning Cup finals with Ryan McGowan and Darren Barr shouldn't see you crying fowl. It was hardly Gazza and Laudrup. 

Regardless of trophies, I wouldn't swap my late teens and 20s following Hearts. I look at the last 7 years of Budge then Covid and despair for that generation. Cole Stockton while being told to sit down and stop singing. 

I've also said before I have huge respect for Aberdeen. And Utd for their achievements. Most of my stuff is just rivalry bullshit. I want all outside Glasgow winning more. My favourite memories of Aberdeen was when we had a bit of a rivalry with Dean Windass winding up Hearts in the media. The whole who's bigger stuff. And you had nasty characters like Lee Richardson. I respect Aberdeen for their success. And for their away support. Murrayfield especially was really impressive. There. Happy? But you have been in decline and poor since, well, Hately at Ibrox. Or finishing 2nd to Celtic in 3 competitions I suppose. Scotland needs a strong Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Utd. Otherwise we're just like the Welsh League with Man U and Chelsea in it. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye, it would have been a play off. 

Wouldn't have fancied us that year much , we were fucking terrible. Worst Aberdeen team I've seen in my lifetime.

Finished below an absolutely dire Partick team as well. 

Hadn't we beaten the potential playoff teams in cup games earlier that season? Would have been a piece of piss.

51 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Ha. I knew you'd join this one mate. You make me laugh though with the Lithuanian years chat. Given sales for Gordon, Bednar and others. We actually brought in more revenue by selling than we spent. And I've been down this road with you before. Winning Cup finals with Ryan McGowan and Darren Barr shouldn't see you crying fowl. It was hardly Gazza and Laudrup. 

Regardless of trophies, I wouldn't swap my late teens and 20s following Hearts. I look at the last 7 years of Budge then Covid and despair for that generation. Cole Stockton while being told to sit down and stop singing. 

I've also said before I have huge respect for Aberdeen. And Utd for their achievements. Most of my stuff is just rivalry bullshit. I want all outside Glasgow winning more. My favourite memories of Aberdeen was when we had a bit of a rivalry with Dean Windass winding up Hearts in the media. The whole who's bigger stuff. And you had nasty characters like Lee Richardson. I respect Aberdeen for their success. And for their away support. Murrayfield especially was really impressive. There. Happy? But you have been in decline and poor since, well, Hately at Ibrox. Or finishing 2nd to Celtic in 3 competitions I suppose. Scotland needs a strong Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Utd. Otherwise we're just like the Welsh League with Man U and Chelsea in it. 

Haha ignoring spending more than twice what you were bringing in annually on player wages alone and ending up bust owing over 25 million? 

Its almost as if youre bit above trying to make out you were being run solvently is a load of deluded shite.

1 trophy in 60 years minus 2 won doing the same as your hun brethren and overspending to the extent your club was hours from going bust

8 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

That game away to Raith Rovers was probably the worst 90 minutes I have ever endured.

Was a fairly nasty atmosphere in the away end that day.

Good bounce for the last minute equaliser while exiting right behind the goal tho'. ?

Thone useless lanky streak o pish ghosting in to save our blushes. Temporarily. ?

I see all major Scottish clubs financials for 19/20 now published with profits and loss ranked. Top performer? Hearts. £0.5m profit. 

Worst? Aberdeen, £1.0m loss, Hibs, £1.2m loss. 

All clubs lie within that set of goalposts from Hibs £1.2m loss up to Hearts £0.5m profit. 

Except Rangers. Who lost £17.5m.

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I see all major Scottish clubs financials for 19/20 now published with profits and loss ranked. Top performer? Hearts. £0.5m profit. 

Worst? Aberdeen, £1.0m loss, Hibs, £1.2m loss. 

All clubs lie within that set of goalposts from Hibs £1.2m loss up to Hearts £0.5m profit. 

Except Rangers. Who lost £17.5m.

Thanks to Mr Anderson wouldn't you say? Is it sustainable though or is he the next Brooks Mileson?