Lets all laugh at Hearts

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye, it would have been a play off. 

Wouldn't have fancied us that year much , we were fucking terrible. Worst Aberdeen team I've seen in my lifetime.

Finished below an absolutely dire Partick team as well. 

Hadn't we beaten the potential playoff teams in cup games earlier that season? Would have been a piece of piss.

51 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Ha. I knew you'd join this one mate. You make me laugh though with the Lithuanian years chat. Given sales for Gordon, Bednar and others. We actually brought in more revenue by selling than we spent. And I've been down this road with you before. Winning Cup finals with Ryan McGowan and Darren Barr shouldn't see you crying fowl. It was hardly Gazza and Laudrup. 

Regardless of trophies, I wouldn't swap my late teens and 20s following Hearts. I look at the last 7 years of Budge then Covid and despair for that generation. Cole Stockton while being told to sit down and stop singing. 

I've also said before I have huge respect for Aberdeen. And Utd for their achievements. Most of my stuff is just rivalry bullshit. I want all outside Glasgow winning more. My favourite memories of Aberdeen was when we had a bit of a rivalry with Dean Windass winding up Hearts in the media. The whole who's bigger stuff. And you had nasty characters like Lee Richardson. I respect Aberdeen for their success. And for their away support. Murrayfield especially was really impressive. There. Happy? But you have been in decline and poor since, well, Hately at Ibrox. Or finishing 2nd to Celtic in 3 competitions I suppose. Scotland needs a strong Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Utd. Otherwise we're just like the Welsh League with Man U and Chelsea in it. 

Haha ignoring spending more than twice what you were bringing in annually on player wages alone and ending up bust owing over 25 million? 

Its almost as if youre bit above trying to make out you were being run solvently is a load of deluded shite.

1 trophy in 60 years minus 2 won doing the same as your hun brethren and overspending to the extent your club was hours from going bust

8 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

That game away to Raith Rovers was probably the worst 90 minutes I have ever endured.

Was a fairly nasty atmosphere in the away end that day.

Good bounce for the last minute equaliser while exiting right behind the goal tho'. ?

Thone useless lanky streak o pish ghosting in to save our blushes. Temporarily. ?

I see all major Scottish clubs financials for 19/20 now published with profits and loss ranked. Top performer? Hearts. £0.5m profit. 

Worst? Aberdeen, £1.0m loss, Hibs, £1.2m loss. 

All clubs lie within that set of goalposts from Hibs £1.2m loss up to Hearts £0.5m profit. 

Except Rangers. Who lost £17.5m.

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I see all major Scottish clubs financials for 19/20 now published with profits and loss ranked. Top performer? Hearts. £0.5m profit. 

Worst? Aberdeen, £1.0m loss, Hibs, £1.2m loss. 

All clubs lie within that set of goalposts from Hibs £1.2m loss up to Hearts £0.5m profit. 

Except Rangers. Who lost £17.5m.

Thanks to Mr Anderson wouldn't you say? Is it sustainable though or is he the next Brooks Mileson?

27 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Thanks to Mr Anderson wouldn't you say? Is it sustainable though or is he the next Brooks Mileson?

I try to be pretty honest. As I'm first to see through Budge. 

We have our normal organic performance around financials. STs. Walk up gate money. Advertising. Sponsorship. Player sales. Along with ground costs, salary bill, player purchases, etc. The new stand especially was meant to improve all of this dramatically. Particularly increased capacity, corporate, etc. And didn't. Our player sales income has also been terrible under Budge. Only Sow and Hickey really. Over 8 years. Around 100 players used under Budge. 2 worth money to the club. 

Then we have FOH subscriptions which generate between £1.5m and £2.0m per year for the club. At zero cost. This is exceptional income but I think the club has got complacent seeing this as another income stream they can rely on, just like any other. It was used to subsidise our inflated new stand cost. Now used to prop up Covid and relegation decreases in income. It was originally to save the club, keep it viable while we rebuild, then become an additional fund for, ideally, improved player transfers and exceptional items. 

We then have our benefactor Mr Anderson. In June 2019 Budge confirmed that our benefactors had contributed £9m over the previous 3 years. This was on the back of another £3.25m contribution. One more recent contribution was specifically to take Hearts into profit and avoid a headline of losses. 

You can see therefore I'm not crowing about our profits as these should be organic profits WITHOUT prop up from FOH and benefactors. Which ideally, no offence, should be the additional funds that take us beyond Aberdeen and Hibs. But we should be profitable without these. 

In that regard. She's a failure. 

4 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

WHS, quick question for you. Which players do Hearts consider as being sellable assets and  what value is attributed to them?

I suppose the answer is subjective. But if you're asking about potential sales of any real note, very limited I'd have thought. My own opinion would be:

Liam Boyce 30 yrs old, contracted til 2023. Would imagine £700k. 

John Souttar 24 yrs old contracted til 2022. Injury record poor and only 1 year left. But our best player. Probably just over a million. 

Apart from those two, very little in first team. Kingsley with a year left. Ginnelly had very few suitors after Preston. McEneff we paid six figures for, but he's looked mediocre. 

Youngsters of note only really Harry Stone where I think a club would bid money. Rest I think are possibly not good enough. Dundee Utd are a good example where EPL clubs all interested in 16 and 17 year olds at Utd. Nobody linked to ours. 

Changed days from Naysmith, Wallace, Ritchie, McCann, Cameron, Hartley, Weir, Webster, Gordon, Skacel, McKinlay, McPherson, etc etc. where we were regularly getting English and Glasgow interest in the millions. 

It's shit seeing a good player leave but it's still a mark of how well you're performing. Our fabled youth system has produced nothing. The last decent centre forward we produced ourselves was.......John Robertson. But what we did used to do well was buy players from Dundee, Raith, Falkirk, etc and develop them. I don't know what our approach to anything is now. 

15 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I suppose the answer is subjective. But if you're asking about potential sales of any real note, very limited I'd have thought. My own opinion would be:

Liam Boyce 30 yrs old, contracted til 2023. Would imagine £700k. 

John Souttar 24 yrs old contracted til 2022. Injury record poor and only 1 year left. But our best player. Probably just over a million. 

Apart from those two, very little in first team. Kingsley with a year left. Ginnelly had very few suitors after Preston. McEneff we paid six figures for, but he's looked mediocre. 

Youngsters of note only really Harry Stone where I think a club would bid money. Rest I think are possibly not good enough. Dundee Utd are a good example where EPL clubs all interested in 16 and 17 year olds at Utd. Nobody linked to ours. 

Changed days from Naysmith, Wallace, Ritchie, McCann, Cameron, Hartley, Weir, Webster, Gordon, Skacel, McKinlay, McPherson, etc etc. where we were regularly getting English and Glasgow interest in the millions. 

It's shit seeing a good player leave but it's still a mark of how well you're performing. Our fabled youth system has produced nothing. The last decent centre forward we produced ourselves was.......John Robertson. But what we did used to do well was buy players from Dundee, Raith, Falkirk, etc and develop them. I don't know what our approach to anything is now. 

You wouldn't get 700k for Boyce, Skins.  He's the type of player who moves from club to club on a Bosman without commanding a fee. 

Souttar aye but he needs to get a run of games under his belt without getting injured first. Nobody is going to take a punt on him currently. 

I'm not saying we are much better. We've really just got Ferguson left who'd command a decent fee right now. I'd say Hedges too but he's only got a year left so unlikely anyone would pay decent money.  We do have some youngsters who might command a fee in 12 months time but time will tell, depends how they get on this season. 

Doesn't seem to be many youngsters coming through at Tynecastle just now or are they just under the radar? 

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Souttar of course being an Aberdeen supporter.

His injuries have more than likely cost him the chance of ever getting a decent move to England. But out of contract in a year? Prove he can stay fit for a year and an instant replacement for Considine?

Perfect replacement for Devlin 

Guest milne_afc
2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Souttar of course being an Aberdeen supporter.

His injuries have more than likely cost him the chance of ever getting a decent move to England. But out of contract in a year? Prove he can stay fit for a year and an instant replacement for Considine?

I’m sure he’d be up for it.Still live in the AB postcode area. Not sure how that daily commute to Edinburgh impacts on his injuries. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You wouldn't get 700k for Boyce, Skins.  He's the type of player who moves from club to club on a Bosman without commanding a fee. 

Souttar aye but he needs to get a run of games under his belt without getting injured first. Nobody is going to take a punt on him currently. 

I'm not saying we are much better. We've really just got Ferguson left who'd command a decent fee right now. I'd say Hedges too but he's only got a year left so unlikely anyone would pay decent money.  We do have some youngsters who might command a fee in 12 months time but time will tell, depends how they get on this season. 

Doesn't seem to be many youngsters coming through at Tynecastle just now or are they just under the radar? 

Our youth system is shit and I know for a fact the new management team were totally underwhelmed when they arrived. Dundee Utd have the best in Scotland. Certainly outside Glasgow. Thanks to Cathro I'm told. 

Yeah we've nothing exciting to report. Pollock is making a bit of a stir just now. McGill looks OK. Stone needs first team games. 

3 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Our youth system is shit and I know for a fact the new management team were totally underwhelmed when they arrived. Dundee Utd have the best in Scotland. Certainly outside Glasgow. Thanks to Cathro I'm told. 

Yeah we've nothing exciting to report. Pollock is making a bit of a stir just now. McGill looks OK. Stone needs first team games. 

Do you think Neilson is the type to bring in young players? 

He strikes me as a manager who likes to have a squad mainly filled with experienced players.