Lets all laugh at Hearts

50 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

It was because the game couldn’t be fulfilled, which automatically incurs a 3-0 win for the other team, a rule change that happened in 2013?. So not really weird after all.

I understand that. I'm just saying deciding to award a team a victory, OK, but by 3 goals to nil? Seems generous. Even if we were benefitting from it, I'd say the same. A 1 nil and the points feels enough. Why a 3 nil? That's actually a pretty rare margin in real games. 

3 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I understand that. I'm just saying deciding to award a team a victory, OK, but by 3 goals to nil? Seems generous. Even if we were benefitting from it, I'd say the same. A 1 nil and the points feels enough. Why a 3 nil? That's actually a pretty rare margin in real games. 

Bollox, the only reason your complaining is because it meant you weren’t seeded.

7 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

blimey , I thought the huns and hearts were bad 

Real shame for Darlington and their fans. 

The one I always felt was bizarre, more recently, was MK Dons. Even though it's a town of 250k people, it's a new town and very few generational fans of the club. 

A 30,500 stadium? Think they're average attendance is just over 9,000. Neilson went there and he bought Robbie Muirhead to help fill the seats. ?

7 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Bollox, the only reason your complaining is because it meant you weren’t seeded.

Why would you expect me to argue this point. I'm like ANY OTHER FOOTBALL FAN. 

You get alerted to things like this when they impact your own club. Just as everyone on this forum would say the same if impacting Aberdeen. That it's not right when you stop to think how generous a 3 nil is. Or how bad a 3 nil reverse is for the other club. 

What I should say more accurately then is now being a victim of it, I think i would now sympathise with any other club it impacts. But it's not one I'm raging about. We should have scored 2 or 3 against Inverness. 

And saying all that. Just watched the Celtic v West Ham highlights. Could drive a double decker bus through that Celtic defence. Maybe the draw ain't so bad. 

18 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

You get alerted to things like this when they impact your own club. Just as everyone on this forum would say the same if impacting Aberdeen. That it's not right when you stop to think how generous a 3 nil is. Or how bad a 3 nil reverse is for the other club. 

What I should say more accurately then is now being a victim of it, I think i would now sympathise with any other club it impacts. But it's not one I'm raging about. We should have scored 2 or 3 against Inverness. 

And saying all that. Just watched the Celtic v West Ham highlights. Could drive a double decker bus through that Celtic defence. Maybe the draw ain't so bad. 

So in other words you would feel for Dundee and nelms or hibs if they got deducted 3 points and a 3-0 loss. Brechin as well?, good to know.

ps the Tim’s are going to fuck yous out.regardless of how shite they are, they won’t be shitter than yourselves ?

4 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Its not as if you've just been alerted to it, its been the ruling for years.

I remember Legia Warsaw beat Celtic a number of years ago but Celtic were re-instated after being awarded a 3-0 victory (after losing at home) because the opposition fielded an illegible player. 

The same happened to Killie the other week

It may seem harsh, but its a deterrent. Its not about to change because Hearts didn't get a seeded place

43 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Its not as if you've just been alerted to it, its been the ruling for years.

I remember Legia Warsaw beat Celtic a number of years ago but Celtic were re-instated after being awarded a 3-0 victory (after losing at home) because the opposition fielded an illegible player. 

The same happened to Killie the other week

It may seem harsh, but its a deterrent. Its not about to change because Hearts didn't get a seeded place

A seeded place they could have easily got by putting 2 goals by a championship side!.but they didn’t, cause they are shit

The only reason Hearts were seeded in their group was because five Scottish teams made it into Europe this year, as opposed to the four it's been for a good few years. A 3-0 defeat is fair enough for clubs who can't fulfill a fixture because of it was only a 1-0 defeat you would have teams likely to be on the wrong end of a hammering chancing their mit. 

On 7/21/2021 at 8:51 AM, Wester Hailes Skins said:

YOUR personal experience is a metric of success. It's a measure unless you feel 'seeing' Aberdeen win a trophy as a 6 year old is worth crowing about. You've won no major honours in 3 decades, except the wee sponsors cup. And stories of Gothenburg are getting a bit long in the tooth. You'd need to be late 50s to have seen that as an adult. Don't think that's the average age on here so you've a generation growing up who've seen next to no parades down Union Street. 

You're either happy with two LCs in 30 years or you're not. If not, why are you trying to defend it to me? Personally I'm not happy with 3 Scottish Cups in 25 years. We should be winning more. And I've said I'd like a league where all of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Utd are winning more. Celtic's run of trebles was embarrassing. 

I get the Aberdeen vs Hearts debate but recent experience is hardly one of us being out muscled in either honours or head to heads. You mention relegations but one was a points deduction and one was a partly complete season. (Unlike Utd and Hibs relegations. Who then both took years to come back up.) 

I don't rate our manager but still expect a season ahead every bit comparable to Aberdeen or Hibs. Again I look forward to our first fixture.

What is this 'as an adult' pish you keep spouting? The fuck difference does that make, is cheering on your team only for 'adults'? Fucking boring melt.

• Haha 5
On 7/21/2021 at 8:51 AM, Wester Hailes Skins said:

You mention relegations but one was a points deduction.

Is that you trying to come up with an excuse like the points deduction wasn't your own teams' fault? You over spent, won a tainted a cup on penalties to a dead team "as a fucking adult" and then went into administration because you over spent as a team. And as for last year, cry me a river, you just got beat off St Mirren and drew with Hamilton you'd won 4 all season you were utter shite and deserved to go down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Craig God. ?

Fuckin yaaaas. 

Ha ha. SPFL shite. Who's next for us? Cannae wait for you lot to visit Tynie. 

????

I think we have been here before son. 

On 9/17/2018 at 4:59 PM, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Big team lads. Don't get mad about it. Leave that to Luton and Sheff Wed fans on our forums.

One famous for EasyJet. The other famous for trouble down't pit and cutlery.

Welcome Sean Clare to the mighty Heart of Midlothian.

And just a few weeks til u lot get ur usual zero points zero goals in Gorgie. And that was when we were shite...

Competitive games so far this season for the champions in waiting:

W D W W W W W W W W

Enjoy your evening but you best settle down a bit.

1 hour ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

The wee boy Bangitinme (oooooh) looks a good player.

I was thinking that from the bits of the game I saw. He looked very good and composed in the midfield - no idea where they got him from. 

Hearts have got a few decent players - you'd think based on their squad they'll be top 6. If Soutar has a decent season he'll be offski by next summer I'd think.

Guys, Celtic are in turmoil and Hearts scraped a last minute win.

They’ve benefitted catching them so early, but I recall Hearts beating them 4-0 at home in 2017 and they finished 6th that year.

Theyve always done reasonably well at Tynecastle, but have been really poor away from home.

Give it time ?

• Upvote 1

Beni looked 70 per cent fit. And still different level stuff. Velcro boots and always found a Hearts player. Def pass marks. He's gonna be a player and see why we gave him a 3 year deal. 

Souttar is just our best player by a mile. No injuries and he'd be in the EPL. Rolls Royce centre back. Aberdeen boy too. 

Gordon is one of our own and the best keeper in the league. Won us the game at the end. 

Ginnelly looking good. Physical, fast, good ball, tracks back. 

The 343 is worth sticking with. I personally like GMS but don't think he's got the legs for outright wing play anymore. Think a number 10 role. But don't know how we accommodate that in a 343.

Boyce still drops too deep for me. I want a CF. Not an AMF. But did great unselfish work tonight. But not much of a threat. 

Kingsley and Cochrane both put in a shift and were decent on the ball. Once we've a LCH, Kingsley will move to LWB meaning Cochrane dropped. But I like him. Great energy. Something we've been lacking. 

We still need signings. Halliday, Smith, Halkett especially I think will be benched. Or moved on. 3 more quality players needed in those positions. Weirdly Shankland rumours persist. Not our priority if spending money on fees. 

I think we'll sign better players now. But still don't rate Robbie. Like we might win despite him. 

Not getting carried away at all. But tonight showed character we've been missing. An easy game to draw or lose at the end. We didn't.

Proud of Hearts tonight. Except for Budge looking like she'd won the Championship and the flag was for her. Egomaniac. Again. Should have put that flag in the bucket and just got on with the game. Without the knee.  

Oh. And thanks to Police Scotland for allowing 100 Green Brigade / CSC for a game with no Celtic fans into Gorgie / Roseburn at 6pm with nowhere to go. Inevitable fights and arrests. 

Anyway. Hearts are back. Let's see what the dandies can do now. 

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Beni looked 70 per cent fit. And still different level stuff. Velcro boots and always found a Hearts player. Def pass marks. He's gonna be a player and see why we gave him a 3 year deal. 

Souttar is just our best player by a mile. No injuries and he'd be in the EPL. Rolls Royce centre back. Aberdeen boy too. 

Gordon is one of our own and the best keeper in the league. Won us the game at the end. 

The 343 is worth sticking with. I personally like GMS but don't think he's got the legs for outright wing play anymore. Think a number 10 role. But don't know how we accommodate that in a 343.

Boyce still drops too deep for me. I want a CF. Not an AMF. But did great unselfish work tonight. But not much of a threat. 

Kingsley and Cochrane both put in a shift and were decent on the ball. Once we've a LCH, Kingsley will move to LWB meaning Cochrane dropped. But I like him. Great energy. Something we've been lacking. 

We still need signings. Halliday, Smith, Halkett especially I think will be benched. Or moved on. 3 more quality players needed in those positions. Weirdly Shankland rumours persist. Not our priority if spending money on fees. 

I think we'll sign better players now. But still don't rate Robbie. Like we might win despite him. 

Not getting carried away at all. But tonight showed character we've been missing. An easy game to draw or lose at the end. We didn't.

Proud of Hearts tonight. Except for Budge looking like she'd won the Championship and the flag was for her. Egomaniac. Again. Should have put that flag in the bucket and just got on with the game. Without the knee.  

Oh. And thanks to Police Scotland for allowing 100 Green Brigade / CSC for a game with no Celtic fans into Gorgie / Roseburn at 6pm with nowhere to go. Inevitable fights and arrests. 

No one cares. 

5 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Ach anyone that gives any of those two a bloody nose should be congratulated. All our bubbles get burst soon enough as it is. 

Every team needs do the same against the Huns as well though. 

• Upvote 1