Lets all laugh at Hearts

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do you think Neilson is the type to bring in young players? 

He strikes me as a manager who likes to have a squad mainly filled with experienced players. 

We came up with him in charge and had Nicholson, Paterson, Walker and a few others in that team that were young and home grown. But I think he's now very cautious. 

In the end I hear even he knows he'll be gone by Christmas. And again. Alex Neil is still out a job. Joe Savage's mate. 

6 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

We came up with him in charge and had Nicholson, Paterson, Walker and a few others in that team that were young and home grown. But I think he's now very cautious. 

In the end I hear even he knows he'll be gone by Christmas. And again. Alex Neil is still out a job. Joe Savage's mate. 

The death knell of many a manager. 

When they stop being fearless trying to achieve new things and start worrying about losing what they've built up. 

12 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Nicholson, Patterson and Walker were all established players in the squad that got relegated, So was Robbie instrumental in their development?

As for Alex Neil, what has he achieved? Had a season and a half of relatively good results at Hamilton when he first took over, but how much was that as a result of the foundations that Billy Reid had left? Same with Norwich, managed to get promoted in his first season, but immediately relegated the following season and he himself admits he got the recruitment wrong which left Norwich mid table in the championship. Onto Preston and its again a bit meh!

Alex Neil might consolidate you consistently mid table in the SPFL, but hardly going to be the catalyst to suddenly make Hearts worthwhile challengers/ There may be a reson he has not already been snapped up elsewhere. Its certainly an indicator.

Didn't Alex Neil say fairly recently his intention is to remain in England and has no interest for now in returning north of the border? Of course another 6 months without a job might make him review that position although I'm sure that he isn't worried about his financial position for the time being. I do suspect he'll pick up an EFL1 job at worst within 12 months

6 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Nicholson, Patterson and Walker were all established players in the squad that got relegated, So was Robbie instrumental in their development?

As for Alex Neil, what has he achieved? Had a season and a half of relatively good results at Hamilton when he first took over, but how much was that as a result of the foundations that Billy Reid had left? Same with Norwich, managed to get promoted in his first season, but immediately relegated the following season and he himself admits he got the recruitment wrong which left Norwich mid table in the championship. Onto Preston and its again a bit meh!

Alex Neil might consolidate you consistently mid table in the SPFL, but hardly going to be the catalyst to suddenly make Hearts worthwhile challengers/ There may be a reson he has not already been snapped up elsewhere. Its certainly an indicator.

Yeah you're right. Hey. I'm not paying Neilson any compliments. Just saying he stuck with some young players. I think he's an underwhelming manager on every front. 

I'm not giving it the big one. But I know a few folk in football. And Neil is a good manager. Rated. It's a surprise he's not been picked up and would be quite a signing for us. Especially as the relationship between a Director of Football, Head of Recruitment, and Football Manager is so important. He'd sit well with Savage and Lancefield. 

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Didn't Alex Neil say fairly recently his intention is to remain in England and has no interest for now in returning north of the border? Of course another 6 months without a job might make him review that position although I'm sure that he isn't worried about his financial position for the time being. I do suspect he'll pick up an EFL1 job at worst within 12 months

Not based on any real insider knowledge. But I'd stick a hundred quid on him being Hearts manager during 2021. In fact. I probably will. A battering from Victims FC next week will see fever pitch calls for Neilson's head. Especially since it's on TV live. Alloa and Brora haven't went away from my pub chats. Just delayed. And needs a new opportunity to rant for change. 

6 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Why waste your money? As others have said, McInnes to be a shoe in as your next manager

We were constantly told we couldn't do better than McInnes by the media. Glass came in and even in his few games before the end of last season took a team who'd went 9/10(?) games without scoring and had us playing better overnight. 

IF (big if) we can churn out performances and results like last night on a regular basis, that's only going to show that the job McInnes was doing here clearly wasn't as great as was being made out. That will hurt his already sliding reputation a bit more I reckon. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

True,  but then glass also needs to get to the latter stages of cups, win at least one and qualify for Europe 

That is the minimum that should be expected of any & all Aberdeen managers. No excuses such as ‘bedding in time’ & other such BS. 

That isn’t harsh/unfair either. That is very much the reality for Aberdeen managers

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nae sure why Neilson gave that sleekit wee cunt a job on the coaching staff.  He'll be undermining him and angling for his job behind the scenes. 

Was reading just today that Naismith is already questioning their training saying “why are we doing that? Why don’t we try this?”

He’ll definitely be backstabbing and positioning himself to take over.

Another experiment gone wrong waiting in the wings

20 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Was reading just today that Naismith is already questioning their training saying “why are we doing that? Why don’t we try this?”

He’ll definitely be backstabbing and positioning himself to take over.

Another experiment gone wrong waiting in the wings

Will need to be Robbie that quits then as Naismith doesn’t do walking away, wait oops yes he does…..

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Really hope Naismith ends up with gig as Farts will end up relegated again.

DM would sort them out to a certain top 6 level but Grannie Fudge would rather go down the in-house, doomed to fail route.

"Let's all laugh at Hearts" thread going to be hilarious this season.

But will it be funnier than Tim version ?

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

Actually a Big opportunity for Hearts to knock out a dishevelled Tic!! Unlikely but it’s their for them

Weird though. We weren't seeded. Cos St Mirren and Dundee got awarded 3 0 wins due to Covid. Is that not really generous? Surely 1 0 is enough. 

Meant we needed to score one more goal. To be seeded. But didn't really seem to go for it by all accounts. 2 0 we'd be seeded. If Inverness scored and it was 1 1, it'd have had no effect. 

As we were unseeded I wanted Hibs at home.

8 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Weird though. We weren't seeded. Cos St Mirren and Dundee got awarded 3 0 wins due to Covid. Is that not really generous? Surely 1 0 is enough. 

Meant we needed to score one more goal. To be seeded. But didn't really seem to go for it by all accounts. 2 0 we'd be seeded. If Inverness scored and it was 1 1, it'd have had no effect. 

As we were unseeded I wanted Hibs at home.

It was because the game couldn’t be fulfilled, which automatically incurs a 3-0 win for the other team, a rule change that happened in 2013?. So not really weird after all.