Sign in to follow this  
Reed or deed

Lets all laugh at Hearts

7 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Bollox, the only reason your complaining is because it meant you weren’t seeded.

Why would you expect me to argue this point. I'm like ANY OTHER FOOTBALL FAN. 

You get alerted to things like this when they impact your own club. Just as everyone on this forum would say the same if impacting Aberdeen. That it's not right when you stop to think how generous a 3 nil is. Or how bad a 3 nil reverse is for the other club. 

What I should say more accurately then is now being a victim of it, I think i would now sympathise with any other club it impacts. But it's not one I'm raging about. We should have scored 2 or 3 against Inverness. 

And saying all that. Just watched the Celtic v West Ham highlights. Could drive a double decker bus through that Celtic defence. Maybe the draw ain't so bad. 

18 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

You get alerted to things like this when they impact your own club. Just as everyone on this forum would say the same if impacting Aberdeen. That it's not right when you stop to think how generous a 3 nil is. Or how bad a 3 nil reverse is for the other club. 

What I should say more accurately then is now being a victim of it, I think i would now sympathise with any other club it impacts. But it's not one I'm raging about. We should have scored 2 or 3 against Inverness. 

And saying all that. Just watched the Celtic v West Ham highlights. Could drive a double decker bus through that Celtic defence. Maybe the draw ain't so bad. 

So in other words you would feel for Dundee and nelms or hibs if they got deducted 3 points and a 3-0 loss. Brechin as well?, good to know.

ps the Tim’s are going to fuck yous out.regardless of how shite they are, they won’t be shitter than yourselves 😂

Edited by Dons79

4 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Its not as if you've just been alerted to it, its been the ruling for years.

I remember Legia Warsaw beat Celtic a number of years ago but Celtic were re-instated after being awarded a 3-0 victory (after losing at home) because the opposition fielded an illegible player. 

The same happened to Killie the other week

It may seem harsh, but its a deterrent. Its not about to change because Hearts didn't get a seeded place

43 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Its not as if you've just been alerted to it, its been the ruling for years.

I remember Legia Warsaw beat Celtic a number of years ago but Celtic were re-instated after being awarded a 3-0 victory (after losing at home) because the opposition fielded an illegible player. 

The same happened to Killie the other week

It may seem harsh, but its a deterrent. Its not about to change because Hearts didn't get a seeded place

A seeded place they could have easily got by putting 2 goals by a championship side!.but they didn’t, cause they are shit

42 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

A seeded place they could have easily got by putting 2 goals by a championship side!.but they didn’t, cause they are shit

2 championship sides so a fairly evenly balanced game.

• Haha 1

The only reason Hearts were seeded in their group was because five Scottish teams made it into Europe this year, as opposed to the four it's been for a good few years. A 3-0 defeat is fair enough for clubs who can't fulfill a fixture because of it was only a 1-0 defeat you would have teams likely to be on the wrong end of a hammering chancing their mit. 

On 7/21/2021 at 8:51 AM, Wester Hailes Skins said:

YOUR personal experience is a metric of success. It's a measure unless you feel 'seeing' Aberdeen win a trophy as a 6 year old is worth crowing about. You've won no major honours in 3 decades, except the wee sponsors cup. And stories of Gothenburg are getting a bit long in the tooth. You'd need to be late 50s to have seen that as an adult. Don't think that's the average age on here so you've a generation growing up who've seen next to no parades down Union Street. 

You're either happy with two LCs in 30 years or you're not. If not, why are you trying to defend it to me? Personally I'm not happy with 3 Scottish Cups in 25 years. We should be winning more. And I've said I'd like a league where all of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Utd are winning more. Celtic's run of trebles was embarrassing. 

I get the Aberdeen vs Hearts debate but recent experience is hardly one of us being out muscled in either honours or head to heads. You mention relegations but one was a points deduction and one was a partly complete season. (Unlike Utd and Hibs relegations. Who then both took years to come back up.) 

I don't rate our manager but still expect a season ahead every bit comparable to Aberdeen or Hibs. Again I look forward to our first fixture.

What is this 'as an adult' pish you keep spouting? The fuck difference does that make, is cheering on your team only for 'adults'? Fucking boring melt.

• Haha 5
  • Solidarity 1

On 7/21/2021 at 8:51 AM, Wester Hailes Skins said:

You mention relegations but one was a points deduction.

Is that you trying to come up with an excuse like the points deduction wasn't your own teams' fault? You over spent, won a tainted a cup on penalties to a dead team "as a fucking adult" and then went into administration because you over spent as a team. And as for last year, cry me a river, you just got beat off St Mirren and drew with Hamilton you'd won 4 all season you were utter shite and deserved to go down.

Edited by Durrant Dived
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Give the lad a break, just imagine how shite your team must be if Brechin City are in your top 5 most hated clubs..

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

True, but you wouldn't be bleating on about it on another  clubs forum

• Dildo on Bonnet 1

9 hours ago, Millertime said:

True, but you wouldn't be bleating on about it on another  clubs forum

I see what you did there.