Ronald Hernández

10 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Explain?

It’s already been explained in the accounts topic. Page 14 of the accounts. 

operating loss 5.19m

Gain on disposal of intangible assets 2.97m

5.19m - 2.97m (not including interest/expenses)

= 2.22m loss for financial year. 

Insurance payment for covid totals 2.25m and will be in next years books.

2.22m - 2.25m = a great job by the club and board. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

4 hours ago, slippers said:

operating loss 5.19m

Great summary, love the explenation ?

• Upvote 1
On 11/22/2021 at 5:58 PM, slippers said:

operating loss 5.19m

Proud of you slippers.

Pwoud verwy pwoud.

On 11/22/2021 at 5:58 PM, slippers said:

operating loss 5.19m

Slippers, 

excellent explanation. I haven’t seen the notes in full, but I have a question. why isn’t some or all of the insurance payout reflected in the accounts to 30/06/21 as surely the insurance payout helps offset the income lost during that accounting period due to covid. Or is it just noted as a “post balance sheet event”

54 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

Slippers, 

excellent explanation. I haven’t seen the notes in full, but I have a question. why isn’t some or all of the insurance payout reflected in the accounts to 30/06/21 as surely the insurance payout helps offset the income lost during that accounting period due to covid. Or is it just noted as a “post balance sheet event”

Here’s the explanation. noted in Page 29 of the accounts. Again it’s a case of “these are them rules”

I can’t be certain, but am fairly sure we’re in the minority of football clubs having such an insurance provision in place and having made a successful claim.

25. Subsequent Events
Following the year end the Company came to an agreement with its insurers on a Business Interruption Insurance claim under a policy held to protect the Company from losses suffered as a result of a variety of different diseases including coronavirus (COVID19). The sum of £2.25 million was received on 30 July 2021, and while the Directors considered the receipt of this amount to be probable at 30 June 2021, it was not considered to be virtually certain, and therefore the income will be reflected in the Financial Statements for the year ending 30 June 2022.

18 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

Here’s the explanation. noted in Page 29 of the accounts. Again it’s a case of “these are them rules”

I can’t be certain, but am fairly sure we’re in the minority of football clubs having such an insurance provision in place and having made a successful claim.

25. Subsequent Events
Following the year end the Company came to an agreement with its insurers on a Business Interruption Insurance claim under a policy held to protect the Company from losses suffered as a result of a variety of different diseases including coronavirus (COVID19). The sum of £2.25 million was received on 30 July 2021, and while the Directors considered the receipt of this amount to be probable at 30 June 2021, it was not considered to be virtually certain, and therefore the income will be reflected in the Financial Statements for the year ending 30 June 2022.

Credit to their Insurance adviser who convinced them to take out pandemic cover. 

• Upvote 3
On 11/24/2021 at 10:09 AM, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

25. Subsequent Events

I’m surprised that the auditors allowed this just to be shown as a “Subsequent Event” note only and not have it recorded as Receipt in the accounts. The amount likely to be received was “Probable” in the view of the Directors at the Balance Sheet date (30/06/21) and this amount was received on 30/07/21 well before the account were finalized and then subsequently approved. Very surprised with the timing, although it is just a matter of timing and nothing else.

Just now, RED_JOHN said:

Hernandez isn’t coming back to Aberdeen full stop. 

Can you blame him if he didn't want to come back? 

Turned up here just before covid and ended up in a new country and city during lockdown etc, didn't see his wife and young kid for months, and wasn't able to get in the team. 

I'm sure his memories of Aberdeen are hardly fond ones. 

I'm sure he'd come back if contractually required but I doubt he'd be mentally up for going through the experience again. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Can you blame him if he didn't want to come back? 

Turned up here just before covid and ended up in a new country and city during lockdown etc, didn't see his wife and young kid for months, and wasn't able to get in the team. 

I'm sure his memories of Aberdeen are hardly fond ones. 

I'm sure he'd come back if contractually required but I doubt he'd be mentally up for going through the experience again. 

Added to that he doesn't look like a very good footballer either.

• 3 weeks later...