Ronald Hernández

21 minutes ago, Millertime said:

So then you think dayts comment about zerouali winning nothing with us as being a reason to say he was shite, is shite?

He wasn’t saying he was shite, he was saying he was a flair player who was brilliant to watch at times but not fit to lace Jess’s boots.

There is no doubting he was very talented and entertaining but was of no use in bigger games where he would just disappear.

19 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I liked zero, however he cannot be compared in any way to Eoin Jess

Leagues apart.  

Jess was a ridiculously talented player. Carried that absolute shitshow of sides from 1997-2000. The best player I'll ever witness playing for the Dons

The semi final against Rangers when he did the keepie up is one of my all time favourite games, what a night it was.

39 minutes ago, NEM said:

You could make a strong case for Jess getting in the Gothenburg team, certainly the squad.  Be struggling to make a case for Zero driving the team bus never mind playing.

To be fair to Zero, he was only four years old in 1983 so would have needed one hell of a booster seat and maybe his coordination wasn't the best for driving a massive coach. 

Also, his driving skills weren't the best apparently. 

13 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What, like Scottish cup games where he drags us through with phenomenal free kicks whilst single handedly destroying a young players career through a display of moroccan brilliance?

Try scoring screamers at Ibrox and ripping the piss out of Gazza. 

26 minutes ago, Millertime said:

1) he played in a Coventry team fighting relegation and he played for Bradford who GOT relegated,  so no, he was in the English 1st division.  Embarrassing 

2) his scoring average for us when he came back was worse than Zeroualis when he was here. Let that sink in, then apologise 

Still EPL though and he played centre mid 2nd time round hence creating goals as opposed to scoring, although still had the same scoring rate 2nd time. Zero had 3 good games and a few scattered moments in the rest. All  real Dons fans love Jess and rightly so, but you being Hun pond life you obviously don't get it

51 minutes ago, Millertime said:

After he left us a second time, 1 in 11

Try to keep up

I'm not disputing how good he was when he first broke through but after that he had an absolutely embarrassing footballing career

Zero played 40 club games and scored 11 goals in his ENTIRE career.  Now THAT'S an embarrassing career. 

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Try to keep up

I'm not disputing how good he was when he first broke through but after that he had an absolutely embarrassing footballing career

I’ve read some shite on here but that takes the biscuit

If you’re not fishing book yourself into a mental asylum asap 

51 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Try to keep up

1 in 11? What a load of fucking shite.

AFC Heritage https://backoffice.afc.co.uk/Team/CurrentSquad/player_show.cfm?player_id=234&Season=2000-01 has Jess having 123 starts and 4 sub appearances in his 2nd spell and he scored 31 goals. 

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Jess scored 107 goals in 565 games at club level.  How is that a goal every 11 games?  Scored more in 1 season at Bradford than Zeroali did in his 3 seasons in Scotland. 

He scored more in one season in his 2nd spell than zero scored in his entire AFC career.

And as for the embarrassing career statement, he played 18 times for Scotland which included the Euro 96 Wembley game after he burst onto the scene.

I know he was your mate and hero but you are talking through your arse.