Ronald Hernández

11 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Scotland play Stephen O’Donnell at right back.

He makes football look very difficult. 

It's horrible isn't it? 

He reminds me of Kirk Broadfoot at right-back in the Rangers team with 4 center-backs, that fluked there way to the UEFA cup final.

Do we really not have a better option at right back that Stephen O’Donnell? 

He's so agricultural, my eyes almost turn to neeps ?

1 hour ago, SheepyKnees said:

It's horrible isn't it? 

He reminds me of Kirk Broadfoot at right-back in the Rangers team with 4 center-backs, that fluked there way to the UEFA cup final.

Do we really not have a better option at right back that Stephen O’Donnell? 

He's so agricultural, my eyes almost turn to neeps ?

I think the McGinn from hibs is a better player than O’Donnell 

8 hours ago, thurso said:

I think the McGinn from hibs is a better player than O’Donnell 

Don't forget that we were after him on a pre-contract not even 12 months back. Our scouting department really excelling themselves there. Thankfully Mrs O'Donnell persuaded him that they'd be better off anywhere else than Aberdeen. 

Although who we got instead is starting to look like a pig in a poke ana

2 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

DM hasn't even given the lad a chance

DM is pissed off  as he didn't  bring him in that was down to chairman

I am surprised the chairman hasn't told him play the boy the investors  must be raging 

Give the boy a run yets see what  he can do

We play a back 3. He's too small to play in that so who in the midfield 5 do you think should be dropped in order to give him a run? Let's face it, Ferguson and McCrorie are stick-on starters every week if they are fit, Hayes in all likelihood will be too. Hedges has nailed down his position it would seem as well and anyway he plays further forward so that's leaving 1 position that Hernandez can realistically challenge for....the right sided wing back role. With Kennedy out injured, that was surely his best chance of getting a run out but it just hasn't happened. DM obviously thinks a Scotland U21 international > a full Venezuelan international. 

I keep coming back to the point that McInnes had the player foisted upon him and just doesn't rate him. McInnes likes his players physically robust, even the smaller players he has signed in his time like Logan, Flood and McGeouch are no shrinking violets when it comes to the physical side of the game. 

I suspect we have spunked £800k down the drain. We really should have tried to get him out on loan prior to the window shutting, somewhere that he could be guaranteed a game to see if he could withstand the physical rigours of the game in Scotland. (maybe we did and nobody was interested...most managers in the lower half of the SPL have similar views to McInnes as regards liking physically capable players). Dundee might have been the best fit for him but now we are stuck with a player who cost a fortune who won't get a game unless we have a massive injury crisis and who might prove to be shite if that were to happen.

I know we have been over this 10 times already but I still don't believe we've parted with £800k but there is no point in debating until we see the accounts in the first week of December.

Transfer money spent will be a total which will be these four:

Funso Ojo

Matty Kennedy

Mark Gallagher

Ronnie Hernandez