Coronavirus

Henry

8 hours ago, Parklife said:

Millions of people are going to be out of work regardless unfortunately. Thats going to be the case whether we live restrictions for a while, or we do whatever the fuck we want. Every country in the world is going to be severely impacted economically, even the ones who've controlled it the best. 

The economic impacts will likely be similar (if you compare Sweden with its neighbours, they all suffered similar economically while taking different approaches), one will have a much higher body count though. 

The choice we have is try and limit the virus, contact trace outbreaks and support people and industries worst affected by the restrictions, or we have hundreds of thousand dead across the UK (remember the dead are in spite of the restrictions put in place) while we wait for treatments/vaccine to be developed. 

We can't just wish the virus away because we've had enough of it like manboobs seems to think. 

Parky I'm the one accepting that it exists and will never go away. It's a virus that will be floating about the population, mutating, flaring up, killing a few folk, for the rest of time. There will never be a 100% effective vaccine and we'll never be 'covid free' 

Your chat about eradicating it in Scotland is 'wishing it away' I'm afraid, a complete fantasy. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Is that article meant to be taken seriously? He's stating multiple things that are provably untrue or assertions that directly contradict studies that have been carried out. 

Good to see that through it all, your standard of debate has evolved from plain ignorance, to blatant lying, to now posting absolute nonsense from other people. For a man who's clearly not dumb, you've really taken the character of looking as ignorant as possible on here seriously and played it strongly  

As for Dr Roy Breeds, it's Always good to take advice on global public health and infectious diseases from a rheumatologist. If we get a mass outbreak of gout, I'll come back for that cunts thoughts. For now, I'll listen to folk who know what they're talking about. 

• Downvote 1
13 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Or possibly doing the responsible thing? 

As brownie points out, they've already shown they're totally irresponsible. They don't get the benefit of the doubt now. 

6 minutes ago, brownie said:

If pictures of the weekend scenes hadn't been curculating then they could claim that moral high ground. As it is, they're trying to limit the shit being thrown at them.

• Downvote 1
6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Is that article meant to be taken seriously? He's stating multiple things that are provably untrue or assertions that directly contradict studies that have been carried out. 

Good to see that through it all, your standard of debate has evolved from plain ignorance, to blatant lying, to now posting absolute nonsense from other people. For a man who's clearly not dumb, you've really taken the character of looking as ignorant as possible on here seriously and played it strongly  

As for Dr Roy Breeds, it's Always good to take advice on global public health and infectious diseases from a rheumatologist. If we get a mass outbreak of gout, I'll come back for that cunts thoughts. For now, I'll listen to folk who know what they're talking about. 

Like Sturgeon has with a gynaecologist and a dentist you mean?  ?

20 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Who polices a queue onto union Street? 

As I said, inside seems to be fully compliant. 

The venue. Don't they normally have responsibility for policing a queue? I'm pretty sure venues have lost their license in the past for failing to control queuing patrons. 

• Downvote 1