Coronavirus

Henry

2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

??. You put it across as if it was though Mrs. Hogg was out on the privilege of day release from HMP Cornton Vale after knocking her pan in in the prison laundry to earn the right to 24 hours liberty instead of gaining extra biscuits or fags for similar exertions and good behaviour at Her Majesty's pleasure.  

Not at all.

I'm saying she shouldn't be put in a privileged position over people who have continually made sacrifices throughout the year to protect people like her, even though they weren't at anywhere near the same level of risk as she was.  

She, like everyone else, can make her decisions on what she does, and like everyone else, should face the consequences if she is caught out.  

3 hours ago, Lencarl said:

Folk who say they are not meeting friends and family indoors during the pandemic are liars.

This is why not many complaints from people anymore regarding lockdown.

Only drinkers who are unable to go into pubs are complaining, but are still meeting their mates for sessions in their homes.

The truth is out there.

I'm not a liar and I've not had family and friends in my house, not had a mate round since the easing of lock down last summer. Still due a mate round for drinks in return for him having us over for Hogmany 2019/20

3 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

Not at all.

I'm saying she shouldn't be put in a privileged position over people who have continually made sacrifices throughout the year to protect people like her, even though they weren't at anywhere near the same level of risk as she was.  

She, like everyone else, can make her decisions on what she does, and like everyone else, should face the consequences if she is caught out.  

Correct

It's no different to arrogant footballers attending parties  or millionaire reality TV shites fucking off to Dubai 6 times in a year because they think the rules don't apply to them.

11 minutes ago, chief_wiggum said:

I'm not a liar and I've not had family and friends in my house, not had a mate round since the easing of lock down last summer. Still due a mate round for drinks in return for him having us over for Hogmany 2019/20

You must be one of life's good guys.

:thumbup1:

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Correct

It's no different to arrogant footballers attending parties  or millionaire reality TV shites fucking off to Dubai 6 times in a year because they think the rules don't apply to them.

One subtle difference in all of the examples used is that Mrs Hogg and her friends had been double vaccinated whilst "arrogant footballers" and wannabe celebrities who have fucked off to Dubai and the likes as part of their work have not been as yet. 

I don't see the issue at all if people have received their second vaccination and have had no side effects at all. Set them free for fucks sake!

4 hours ago, Lencarl said:

Folk who say they are not meeting friends and family indoors during the pandemic are liars.

This is why not many complaints from people anymore regarding lockdown.

Only drinkers who are unable to go into pubs are complaining, but are still meeting their mates for sessions in their homes.

The truth is out there.

Good.  

I regularly have family and mates in. 

Poke the rules. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Seems to me very much a case of ‘ I’m alright now , fuck everyone else’ with these so called ‘ old bastards’

Aye, no sympathy from me.  These old cunts have been happy to see young folk with next to no chance of serious illness being stuck at home for a year,  no doubt tut tutting about 'selfish' youngsters meeting their pals. Probably been on the snitch hotline as well.  I don't like old folk anymore,  fuck em. 

Thought of the day:

"Every time that we 'unlockdown', we push infection rates up, and the danger of pushing infection rates up is we get much more transmission in the community.

"And new variant strains such as the South African strain - we really don't want that to become prevalent in this country because of course the vaccines don't work quite as well (against it).

"So I think he's trying to be cautious with everybody. We will all want to get our lives back, we all want to enjoy ourselves again, but we must be cautious and do this slowly. Otherwise we'll get back to square one."

:clangers2: