Coronavirus

Henry

Why is the vaccine rollout in Scotland delayed? 

Just checked again just now to see when approximately I will receive my first and second jabs and it keeps getting closer to Christmas each time I check. 

I know also from observation it is not being administered in relation to when you were born as folk younger than me who are not defined as locksmiths have received their first jab already. 

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Why is the vaccine rollout in Scotland delayed? 

Just checked again just now to see when approximately I will receive my first and second jabs and it keeps getting closer to Christmas each time I check. 

I know also from observation it is not being administered in relation to when you were born as folk younger than me who are not defined as locksmiths have received their first jab already. 

You must be very young MAD if it's saying December       Edit   even for 18 year olds the predictor returns a result of July

3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

You must be very young MAD if it's saying December       Edit   even for 18 year olds the predictor returns a result of July

I am 42 min. Originally it was the first week of April, now it is the second week of May (for the first jab). The second one is now due by the second week of August having originally been scheduled for the start of July?.

Both governments have been perennially patting themselves on the back for the alleged successful rollout of the vaccination program and it really boils my shite to continually hear this when it is fucking propaganda?

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I am 42 min. Originally it was the first week of April, now it is the second week of May (for the first jab). The second one is now due by the second week of August having originally been scheduled for the start of July?.

Both governments have been perennially patting themselves on the back for the alleged successful rollout of the vaccination program and it really boils my shite to continually hear this when it is fucking propaganda?

May is not really Christmas though is it? You could be getting your first jab in 3 weeks. 

13 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I haven't heard much comments about 'vaccine passport' these days.

I can only presume that it's dying a death and there will be no more on it cause it was a farce and ridiculous to try and even implement it.

Israel have one in place but I think very few places are using it. As infection rates remain low there, I doubt there will be much change from that. 

The test for them might come if virus prevalence rises and they want to keep everything open while still stopping spread. 

40 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The predictor said I would get my second Jab in May, I got my second Pfizer yesterday, 3 weeks early.

25 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

The yellow card stats are not that great re adverse affects so i will take my chances with Covid19 until the trials finish in 2023 and its been improved.

The side effects of the vaccine are pretty brutal, I had major muscle and joint pain. Lesser man would have struggled but I walked it off, just a warning for any pansies out there.

2 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

The vaccine doesn't stop you catching or spreading it though I don't think?  Just stops you becoming ill? 

Not sure. I think that was the initial belief. Not sure if they've done more research on it or not. 

Ive stopped listening/reading to every bit of Covid news these days, so it's entirely possible I've missed things. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Not sure. I think that was the initial belief. Not sure if they've done more research on it or not. 

Ive stopped listening/reading to every bit of Covid news these days, so it's entirely possible I've missed things. 

My daughters granny caught it at the same time she did, the old girl had already been given the 2 jabs, barely registered as a mild cold, daughter was worse but still not so bad. The granny puts it down to the protection from the vaccine, given her age could well have been a life saver. Could be coincidence I guess. 

5 minutes ago, daytripping said:

My daughters granny caught it at the same time she did, the old girl had already been given the 2 jabs, barely registered as a mild cold, daughter was worse but still not so bad. The granny puts it down to the protection from the vaccine, given her age could well have been a life saver. Could be coincidence I guess. 

Hopefully that positive outcome is an accurate reflection on the effectiveness of the vaccine on a bigger scale. 

35 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Good advice. We’re clearly in a decent place but they keep rolling out the most pessimistic, negative, doom and gloomers they can find with predictions of third waves and mutant variants hiding in the shadows. Some ‘expert’ on today mentioning a possible summer wave which although not improbable doesn’t really square with how things went last year or give much credence to the effectiveness of the vaccine which a heathy majority should have received by then, at least in part.

I’ve said it before that the government need to show some faith in their own vaccine programme and that it will accomplish what it needs to do. There has to be a collective acceptance that it’ll be around for years to come and we’ll just have to get on with living with it. People aren’t going to keep accepting having these measures imposed on them ad nauseum.

3 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

Good advice. We’re clearly in a decent place but they keep rolling out the most pessimistic, negative, doom and gloomers they can find with predictions of third waves and mutant variants hiding in the shadows. Some ‘expert’ on today mentioning a possible summer wave which although not improbable doesn’t really square with how things went last year or give much credence to the effectiveness of the vaccine which a heathy majority should have received by then, at least in part.

I’ve said it before that the government need to show some faith in their own vaccine programme and that it will accomplish what it needs to do. There has to be a collective acceptance that it’ll be around for years to come and we’ll just have to get on with living with it. People aren’t going to keep accepting having these measures imposed on them ad nauseum.

Totally agree with your general point but I'm not so sure about the bit in bold.......

8 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

Agreed. We've had plenty to time now to get an effective track and trace system so there's no excuse that that, combined with the excellent vaccine progress shouldn't allow us to get back to something close to normal by the summer. 

Id be all but banning foreign travel too for the time being too, in order to protect our progress. 

• Downvote 1