Coronavirus

Henry

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

No can't say  I have. 

The 2 worst fungating tumours I saw were actually both in men. One with a "cauliflower" growing out of his anus, after an unsuccessful rectal resection about a year previous.

The absolute worst I saw was a poor 60 something bloke with a colostomy and urostomy. However the abdominal tumours he was suffering had metastasized to virtually every organ that hadn't already been removed and caused his abdo suture line to burst wide open...too wide to suture even temporarily.. Faecal fluid plus whatever else was being produced in his abdo cavity just poured out constantly.

Was admitted for terminal care, syringe driver was 1200mg diamorph/24hrs........no one i nursed before or after got anywhere close to that figure and he was still in agony...100mg breakthrough IM doses. We were told he'd be with us a few days at most. Poor cunt survived nearly 7 weeks. all we could do was pack the abdo wound lightly and pile on 4 dressing pads to absorb the fluid...needed changed 2 hourly. Not one nurse managed to avoid vomiting due to the smell at least once. And we didn't let first year students attend to him on the advice of the college.

GBN

4 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Which ones are fecked you reckon?

I bet Geoff Tipps the games at Hampden in the Euros wouldn't have any fans, or go ahead there and Henry that the vaccines would be declared useless by 15th July. Crazy chat that one but only £20.

My bets that we'd still have restrictions in some form on 15th July with Soops, Studebaker-90 and Don Fonte look like they're in the bag though.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I bet Geoff Tipps the games at Hampden in the Euros wouldn't have any fans, or go ahead there and Henry that the vaccines would be declared useless by 15th July. Crazy chat that one but only £20.

My bets that we'd still have restrictions in some form on 15th July with Soops, Studebaker-90 and Don Fonte look like they're in the bag though.

What the fuck did we bet again?

3 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Your money is mine Moobster.

India's Covid variant is now dominant in four local authorities in England and its rapid spread could jeopardise plans to ease lockdown, experts fear. Boris Johnson said in a statement to Parliament today that the variant was 'of increasing concern', warning that a strain that could slip past vaccines would have 'potential to cause even greater suffering than we endured in January'. 

Slip past vaccines.

Whatever that means.

1 hour ago, tutankamun said:

Cases shouldn’t matter with all the vulnerable being vaccinated. The hospitalisations should be the only indicator now.

Agreed, and I wonder if that’s the way they’ll do to avoid leaving Glasgow behind.

just going by the way one doctor was talking on Radio Scotland 

My mother was telling me she was out for lunch with a friend at the four mile in Bucksburn the other day, place was near empty. The waitress came up to the table to remind them their 2 hours were nearly up. Seems such a bizarre rule to have in place, what would be the reason for it?