Coronavirus

Henry

28 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Well, I think there's a far greater chance of dying from the virus than the vaccine, so on balance the vaccine seems the safer option. 

In the main, medical science has done fantastic shit for the human race, eradicating Polio and safeguarding us against a fuckton of nasty ailments. 

I genuinely don't get the hostility towards the Covid vaccine. 

I think it's that the blood clots are killing people that most probably would've survived covid anyway. Hence the under 40's thing.

3 minutes ago, Fridge said:

To be fair, I have thought the whole thing has been an outrageous fuck up from the start, governments, folk not adhering to rules, scaremongering, outrageous conspiracy theories, businesses going bust and my opinion is it could have been all avoided by common sense and not politicians pointscoring and putting ridiculous rules out that no chance would everyone adhere to.

But…. for the sake of getting a couple of jabs to get everything back to normal as opposed to them being able to moan about lack of everybody vaccined surely better for everyone.

Do you know what all that sounds like Fridge?

5 minutes ago, Fridge said:

To be fair, I have thought the whole thing has been an outrageous fuck up from the start, governments, folk not adhering to rules, scaremongering, outrageous conspiracy theories, businesses going bust and my opinion is it could have been all avoided by common sense and not politicians pointscoring and putting ridiculous rules out that no chance would everyone adhere to.

But…. for the sake of getting a couple of jabs to get everything back to normal as opposed to them being able to moan about lack of everybody vaccined surely better for everyone.

Who says we’re getting back to normal if everybody gets vaccinated?

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Eugenefani said:

Do you know what your chance of dying from the virus is? That information is out there btw. 

Personally, or in general... because those are two very different statistics. 

Though, to be frank, I didn't get the Covid vaccine because I thought Covid would kill me... 

1 hour ago, Eugenefani said:

You came to that conclusion in your first paragraph , after only 4/5 months worth of safety data post vaccination?

We've had vaccines for about a century and a half...  so we're pretty far down the road to knowing that vaccines kill far fewer people than whatever it is the vaccine is protecting us from. 

Coronavirus specific trials date back to at least 2004.

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

I think it's that the blood clots are killing people that most probably would've survived covid anyway. Hence the under 40's thing.

Covid itself creates blood clotting, so is it the vaccine causing clots, or is it clots that were undetected prior to the vaccine?

2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Reuters fact-checked the 4000 deaths figure. 

Conclusion... bollocks. 

Most of the deaths were in the 'Over 80' or 'Underlying condition' categories

The CDC has to report any post-vaccination death, regardless of cause of death.

That doesn't mean the vaccine was the cause of 4000 deaths.

Like most Covid deaths then?

19 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Covid itself creates blood clotting, so is it the vaccine causing clots, or is it clots that were undetected prior to the vaccine?

While it seems to be accepted that covid infection is more likely to cause blood clotting than the vaccines

Vaccine-induced spike proteins can also interact with ACE2 receptors causing inflammation leading to clots

30 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

The laddie's class all sent home and having to isolate. Very conveniently takes them right up to the start of the summer holiday. Clearly 7 and a half weeks off weren't enough for his teacher so she's boosted it up to 9.

Pain in the arse for us but I admire the teacher pulling the stroke.

Dundee is now top of the infection league.

Any reason why apart from skiving teachers?

15 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

I'm confident my immune system can handle covid (glorified flu). Be amazed if I haven't already had it without knowing. Big pharma can fuck off. 

I’m pretty certain that “big pharma” aren’t too bothered if you don’t get it. AZ distributing it at cost. 
what size of pharma are you happy with? Boots the chemist? Or is it all the pharmaceutical sector that you’re against?

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
19 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Nae get a replacement teacher like?

seems a bit drastic just closing up and sending the whole class home 2 weeks before the end of term just cos miss lazy cunt had hayfever.

If I'm honest I don't know if it's the teacher. We just got told to pick him up and the wife got a text telling us he has to isolate for 10 days. Whole class got the same thing. He's fucking delighted, 9 weeks summer hols.

39 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

If I'm honest I don't know if it's the teacher. We just got told to pick him up and the wife got a text telling us he has to isolate for 10 days. Whole class got the same thing. He's fucking delighted, 9 weeks summer hols.

Think the wee ones played a highly skilled prank on you. Good lad.