Coronavirus

Henry

9 minutes ago, NEM said:

1am in Guffland. 

The dyke has everything shutting at 10:30 here although heard rumours bars on Belmont street been opening until 1am due to using local licensing laws?

Inside is 11pm. Outdoor areas are as per local licensing laws - so once inside closes, punters can move to the beer gardens/marquees. Another rule that makes no sense. 

12 minutes ago, NEM said:

1am in Guffland. 

The dyke has everything shutting at 10:30 here although heard rumours bars on Belmont street been opening until 1am due to using local licensing laws?

aye folk are finding ways round this rubbish 

I’ve seen some of the smaller euro games on tv but won’t catch a Dutch one till 27th \ next round

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Ridiculous if you've had 2 vaccines. Its all about getting money from uk hols this summer. 

I think there is free movement from the 1st July within the EU if you've had 2 doses. 

Agreed and myself and wife have had 2 jabs. The vaccine is very effective and ICU/deaths are now extremely low. The point of self isolation is all political. 

20 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Apart from the 3million still on furlough and the 1.6 million unemployed.

....and the 8.5 million people that are economically inactive (long-term incapacitated, students, family carers, lone parents, people who don't claim unemployment benefits, folk made redundant within the past 28 days, etc.)

These are shameful figures based on a population aged 16 to 64 of just under 41.5 million.

In essence, 10.1 miliion folk are unemployed in the UK, whilst another 3 million will be anxious as to know whether or not they have work to return to in the future. 

36 minutes ago, Parklife said:

There's over 4 million in Spain who're unemployed, many due to the economic effects of covid & Covid restrictions. 

Is that inclusive of the Balaerics and the Canary Islands, as well as mainland Spain?

Asking for a family friend who is unaware how bad things are, unemployment-wise, in Spain, although she has stayed in Torremolinos for nearly 13 years. 

27 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

....and the 8.5 million people that are economically inactive (long-term incapacitated, students, family carers, lone parents, people who don't claim unemployment benefits, folk made redundant within the past 28 days, etc.)

These are shameful figures based on a population aged 16 to 64 of just under 41.5 million.

In essence, 10.1 miliion folk are unemployed in the UK, whilst another 3 million will be anxious as to know whether or not they have work to return to in the future. 

And still people believe we should be importing cheap labour.

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

And still people believe we should be importing cheap labour.

And it's only going to get worse once the full adverse effect of leaving the EU hits home. 

The only cheap labour that will be getting imported into our nation from now on will be those being trafficked by gangsters, gangmasters, and pimps.

The freedom of movement, including the liberation of the workforce within EU member states, was one of the best things to ever have happened in, and to, the UK. 

All good things though....

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 3

I still don’t get the alarm with this ‘delta’ variant. Unless the government know something we don’t, which is probable. Were now 5 weeks on from allowing mixing indoors. Numbers were naturally going to rise. They’re not huge figures yet, not have hospitalisations although they have crept but amongst which age groups? Deaths are pretty flat and have been for months.

I really can’t fathom the reluctance to open up travel. Part of me thinks it’s political decision to help boost our economy. Keep us Brits at home and spending in the UK. Are double vaccinated folk going to be any more likely to import variants now or in 2-3 months time? If they don’t want folk travelling over summer just come out and tell us. Fed up hearing “we’re waiting on the data, we’re looking at it blah blah blah”

They can fuck off with this shit, everyone knew it would happen, how the fuck can they possibly police this Manchester pish.

As someone else said as soon as the vaccines are done they can go and fuck themselves. If you don’t want to go for a pint / restaurant / cinema. Don’t go.

Life needs to move on for everyone else.

• Upvote 1

POTY year was saying all this from the start. Ludicrous that we've let them away with all this. The idea you can control a virus with legislation and rules was madness. People have caught it and some of them have died, if we'd just asked people to be sensible from the start and put resources into protecting the vulnerable then I bet the deaths tally would've been roughly the same.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, thedandydon said:

I still don’t get the alarm with this ‘delta’ variant. Unless the government know something we don’t, which is probable. Were now 5 weeks on from allowing mixing indoors. Numbers were naturally going to rise. They’re not huge figures yet, not have hospitalisations although they have crept but amongst which age groups? Deaths are pretty flat and have been for months.

I really can’t fathom the reluctance to open up travel. Part of me thinks it’s political decision to help boost our economy. Keep us Brits at home and spending in the UK. Are double vaccinated folk going to be any more likely to import variants now or in 2-3 months time? If they don’t want folk travelling over summer just come out and tell us. Fed up hearing “we’re waiting on the data, we’re looking at it blah blah blah”

It’s to coerce and scaremonger as many young people as possible to get the vaccine. The desperation to vaccinate the younger generation when the survival rate is over 99% for the majority stinks to high heaven. 

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Fridge said:

They can fuck off with this shit, everyone knew it would happen, how the fuck can they possibly police this Manchester pish.

As someone else said as soon as the vaccines are done they can go and fuck themselves. If you don’t want to go for a pint / restaurant / cinema. Don’t go.

Lol.

Fucking chaos Fridgeo.

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

Hypothetically if I were to go to Manchester, I'm assuming the local businesses would serve me, despite my accent? I'm also assuming there would be no quarantine required on my return.

So is this law? Or just guidance?

• Downvote 1
2 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Its going to go on for ages yet. 

The vaccine became 2 vaccines which will become 2 vaccines and a booster.

There will be variants to come yet which will come about coincidentally at the same time as the flu season.

Its all bollocks. 

They've reclassified hay fever symptoms as Covid ffs ?

2 hours ago, Howard Marks said:

Hypothetically if I were to go to Manchester, I'm assuming the local businesses would serve me, despite my accent? I'm also assuming there would be no quarantine required on my return.

So is this law? Or just guidance?

It's completely unenforceable and they know it. The poisonous dwarf trying to pretend she gives a fuck again.

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1