Coronavirus

Henry

11 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Almost like Sturgeon makes things up.

Very true. 

Prior to my older mate contracting the virus, I was on dogwalking duties on behalf of my sister as she and the rest of her family, at different times, had each tested positive for the virus, therefore were all self-isolating, so naturally couldn't go out and walk their border collie. 

On one occasion after walking their dog, I nipped up by to see another mate of mine out in his backie (he has COPD (he smokes approx. 60 ticklers a day) therefore is more susceptible to catching the virus than others if believing our governments). He was less than impressed with me, after a week of festering after my visit, as he was "scared" of contracting the virus from the dog?

I therefore made the point of sending away for a PCR testing kit the following day to alleviate his "concerns", and ultimately tested negative.

Surely, after all of this, I should have been contacted by Test and Protect, unless I am missing something here, and the RSCPA should have impounded the poor dog for a number of days, if indeed my mate is correct and he could have caught the virus from the canine?

7 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Very true. 

Prior to my older mate contracting the virus, I was on dogwalking duties on behalf of my sister as she and the rest of her family, at different times, had each tested positive for the virus, therefore were all self-isolating, so naturally couldn't go out and walk their border collie. 

On one occasion after walking their dog, I nipped up by to see another mate of mine out in his backie (he has COPD (he smokes approx. 60 ticklers a day) therefore is more susceptible to catching the virus than others if believing our governments). He was less than impressed with me, after a week of festering after my visit, as he was "scared" of contracting the virus from the dog?

I therefore made the point of sending away for a PCR testing kit the following day to alleviate his "concerns", and ultimately tested negative.

Surely, after all of this, I should have been contacted by Test and Protect, unless I am missing something here, and the RSCPA should have impounded the poor dog for a number of days, if indeed my mate is correct and he could have caught the virus from the canine?

Have you been drinking?

• Haha 1

It’s quite simple the bar keeps the sheets, if someone tests positive they contact test and protect who then contact the bar for the information.

Just because you have met someone doesn’t mean you are a close contact has to be a certain amount of time face you face etc.

Im not saying it’s a great system or it’s run well but that is the basic theory.

13 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

It’s quite simple the bar keeps the sheets, if someone tests positive they contact test and protect who then contact the bar for the information.

Just because you have met someone doesn’t mean you are a close contact has to be a certain amount of time face you face etc.

Im not saying it’s a great system or it’s run well but that is the basic theory.

That's fair enough and well explained min. 

Just was led to reasonably believe that the whole purpose of taking down your contact details was for Test and Protect to alert you to the fact you have been in close contact with someone who had tested positive in the last few days and to then advise accordingly on what you had to do thereafter.

My misinterpretation. 

1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

Well that is very well put but it doesn’t happen as I was out during the outbreak in Aberdeen and nobody contacted me despite being checked in and sitting with folk that had it (whom obviously none of us knew at the time had it)

2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Yip and they were correct to do so. Ones who were lonely and would've loved a perfectly healthy loved one in to visit should not have been barred by law though. It was cruel and unnecessary.

My 72 year old mum lives across the road from me on her own,  there was no chance I wasn't going to visit her for months on end.  She was happy for me to visit  (got me to sanitise my hands when I arrived,  initially),  indeed she's told me she would've struggled to get through lockdown without my visits. 

20 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

My 72 year old mum lives across the road from me on her own,  there was no chance I wasn't going to visit her for months on end.  She was happy for me to visit  (got me to sanitise my hands when I arrived,  initially),  indeed she's told me she would've struggled to get through lockdown without my visits. 

christ. she was young when she had you!

?

35 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Well that is very well put but it doesn’t happen 

I never said it did, I just said that's how it's meant to work. 

Two people who work with me (although not at close distance a lot however) both tested positive and passed on my details never heard fuck all from them thankfully. 

I didn't watch. He's not worth listening to. The last two you've posted I've watched and they were utter shite. Ill-informed nonsense & empty soundbites. As I told you at the time  

I can see how it'd appeal to some. It's utter shite though. 

I suspect this is the same. 

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, can't put the blame on you. Fool me three times, fuck the peace signs, load the chopper let it rain on you. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I didn't watch. He's not worth listening to. The last two you've posted I've watched and they were utter shite. Ill-informed nonsense & empty soundbites. As I told you at the time  

I can see how it'd appeal to some. It's utter shite though. 

I suspect this is the same. 

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, can't put the blame on you. Fool me three times, fuck the peace signs, load the chopper let it rain on you. 

It's amazing how much he annoys you. For that he deserves praise.