Coronavirus

Henry

13 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Genuine question,  not trying to start an argument or score points. What is it about vaccine passports you object to? We've had our liberties taken away for 18 months now in order to "slow the spread" and "save the nhs" why is this measure a step too far?

There's no evidence this will work but there is no evidence masks work, or loads of other measures. What in particular is it about passports that bother you?

Vaccine passports for Covid might just be the start of it. Could be alcohol unit and calorie quotas next.

”it’s for your own good”

5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Genuine question,  not trying to start an argument or score points. What is it about vaccine passports you object to? We've had our liberties taken away for 18 months now in order to "slow the spread" and "save the nhs" why is this measure a step too far?

There's no evidence this will work but there is no evidence masks work, or loads of other measures. What in particular is it about passports that bother you?

There’s plenty of evidence masks work?, has to be at a grading of ffp3 or higher to filter 99% of coronavirus particles.medical grade masks!, although the government didn’t have enough for medical/social care settings never mind the general public. Right at the start of the pandemic it was getting reported but nobody took notice. Even after the shambles in the care homes. Not one person throughout the eighteen months so far have a seen wearing a proper medical ffp3 mask!, face coverings only?, in the context of a coronavirus outbreak, useless!.and folk then wonder why they still get it!, and also label proper equipment that can save you gettin it the same as a bit of cloth. Hence the statement “masks don’t work”.untrue, ffp3 masks do, face coverings don’t.

38 minutes ago, NEM said:

Vaccine passports for Covid might just be the start of it. Could be alcohol unit and calorie quotas next.

”it’s for your own good”

Great point.  Where will it end is anyone's guess.  Maybe it will contain details of knobrot eventually.  Need to show medical ailments passport before going up the road with some tart

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What's the Scottish Tories stance on vaccine passports? I've seen Sardar's say Labour will vote against but I haven't seen anything from Douglas Ross. 

Not sure but it’s a done deal anyway with the SNP and Greens holding a majority.

Lib Dem’s are against 

7 minutes ago, NEM said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/politics/scottish-politics/2509436/vaccine-passports-scottish-conservatives-sceptical-and-have-serious-concerns/

Against their permanent use but not made their mind up about a temporary measure by the sound of it.

There’ll be nothing temporary about them, once implemented they’ll be there to stay 

I don't agree that'll be the case. They'll be a deeply unpopular measure IMO and (even putting aside the moral aspect) there'll be political capital to be gained in removing them. 

55 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

There’s plenty of evidence masks work?, has to be at a grading of ffp3 or higher to filter 99% of coronavirus particles.medical grade masks!, although the government didn’t have enough for medical/social care settings never mind the general public. Right at the start of the pandemic it was getting reported but nobody took notice. Even after the shambles in the care homes. Not one person throughout the eighteen months so far have a seen wearing a proper medical ffp3 mask!, face coverings only?, in the context of a coronavirus outbreak, useless!.and folk then wonder why they still get it!, and also label proper equipment that can save you gettin it the same as a bit of cloth. Hence the statement “masks don’t work”.untrue, ffp3 masks do, face coverings don’t.

OK so the bits of paper and bits of cloth that people are wearing don't work, why is it law to wear them then?

58 minutes ago, NEM said:

”it’s for your own good”

Totally agree but it's not a start it's a continuation. It's not in Sturgeon's gift to "let" you go to football or a gig, that's the football clubs or gig/venue promoters but when we let them tell us when we are allowed to leave the house that was the start.

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't agree that'll be the case. They'll be a deeply unpopular measure IMO and (even putting aside the moral aspect) there'll be political capital to be gained in removing them. 

Which is why the whole fucking thing has been a farce, political posturing while the economy is being fucked I haven’t worn a mask in a bar or shop for months and not one single person has pulled me up

If Boris was to say we need to lockdown, Nicola would say no masks required we need to open up and vice versa

Meanwhile the economy is going to fuck and places are closing

You do not have to go out should you not wish, there are plenty of other options

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I believe the initial lockdowns were necessary without a vaccine. I was fine to make personal sacrifices etc, to help others, in theory. I didn't think it would last forever, maybe foolishly, but you had to have hope at that point. 

They did work to slow the spread, as the spread was lessened when they were implemented. The problem is opening up again, but that's something that has to happen. We were told vaccines were the way out, and whilst I don't have the official stats to hand, most people have taken the vaccine, and we're still being told we might have to deal with further restrictions/lockdowns due to the current infection rates. It's always going to infect people, unless they manage to somehow stop it stone dead, which is not feasible. 

With regards to the vaccine passports, that's a step beyond normality. Firstly, it is, in my opinion, coercive in the extreme. I don't have an issue with someone not wanting to take the vaccine, they shouldn't have to explain that to anyone, my issue is with people spreading half baked theories and lies about it, that's when it's a problem. If you don't want to take it that's fine, it's your body, it's up to you. Just don't fill other peoples head with shite because you've watched a couple YouTube videos. Even so, people have the right to do what they want with their own body, in my opinion. 

Secondly, a vaccine passport will do fuck all to stop transmission. As long as things are still open to those with the vaccine, the virus will spread, it is now a part of our lives, and something we'll have to deal with. So, whether or not you've had it, it won't stop the transmission. It's not going anywhere. 

I'm yet to see a logical or scientific explanation for the implementation of these passports, and all it's going to do is sow further division and feed into the tinfoil hat wearing maniacs paranoias. They've lost control of it, and the public, and in my opinion, need to be seen to be doing something, regardless of its merit as a tool to stop infection. It could also be regarded as sensitive medical information, and something that current GDPR laws, you'd think, would put a stop to. 

There are a litany of other issues with it as it fails to consider marginalised groups who perhaps can't get access to identification etc etc 

Also, as I've just got my first jab, I won't be able to use my Season Ticket again until November. I've booked to go to gigs etc as well in October, and will probably have to miss them too. 

The industries affected are asking how the fuck they are meant to implement this as well. 

It's a shitshow. They lost me a while back, but this just takes the piss. I've had COVID, so have natural antibodies, and got a dose of Moderna, so have further antibodies, yet, I'll still have to wait until November to be allowed back to the football etc. 

It's ham fisted nonsense that the puddle drinking sect of SNP voters will lap up gleefully. It goes against our civil liberties, GDPR law, and crucially, any modicum of logical thought any individual has. 

Some fair points but the government's shouldn't have the powers that we've let them grab. No one should be able to tell you when to leave the house, visit family or earn a living when you are perfectly healthy but we've given them that power. Saying you can't go to football or a gig is minor compared to the nonsense we've put up with already.

One of the problems I've had with people from the start of this is they've never asked "what next?"

IF the vaccine lowers transmission these things will "slow the spread" and that's all that matters apparently.

10 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Well your comments regarding what Nicola would say to Boris if he suggested a lockdown are demonstrably untrue, as we've generally done the exact same, but later, and sometimes, with not extreme measures. 

Well my question would be if no there is no politics involved - why did Aberdeen get locked down and nobody else did?

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nope, loads of people all for it, mostly old folk that it doesn't affect.

Sturgeon wouldn't be doing it if the polling wasn't right.

31 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

So don't wear one. 

Go get an exemption card. Not worth the outrage IMHO. 

See you think vaccine passports ARE worth the outrage but you're happy to see other people forced to do something they are uncomfortable with and is pointless because it doesn't bother you.

We should either be against all of it or let them do as they please, picking and choosing parts to object to just gives them an out.

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

See you think vaccine passports ARE worth the outrage but you're happy to see other people forced to do something they are uncomfortable with and is pointless because it doesn't bother you.

We should either be against all of it or let them do as they please, picking and choosing parts to object to just gives them an out.

Selfish old bastards who’ve lived their lives want to stop others living theirs 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

What?

Glasgow was on a strict lockdown for bloody months. 

The subtle difference being Aberdeen was spitefully locked down as good as immediately on the 5th of August last year and Glasgow was reluctantly locked down well after it should have been in November 2020. 

Decisions were based on scientific advice and statistical data, of course, and not based on the vile dyke's feelings and prejudices towards both cities.

On a lighter note......

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/dogging-cases-scotland-surge-after-24911670

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

It's because no one in Aberdeen voted SNP (despite them having the majority of MSP's and MP's) 

To be honest I will concede defeat as I was working away after the Aberdeen thing but my recollection was that she locked us down and let Huns run rampant through George Square but If she locked them down fair enough