Coronavirus

Henry

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You're the one making comparisons though. The link you posted about mass vaccination was written years before covid even existed.

I'm not comparing the diseases I'm asking why we don't vaccinate everyone to slow the spread of it and stop people dying?

By the way I'm not an "anti vaxxer" I've had the vaccine I'm just struggling with the logic of the government going against advice on this.

I'm not making any comparison... I'm explaining why mass vaccination in the case of a virus is a good idea. 

There are various viruses from, say, the flu, through Covid, up to stuff like Polio. 

The methodology remains the same, mass vaccination gives mass coverage... regardless of severity of the virus. 

That doesn't mean Covid is like the flu, or Polio is like Rotavirus. 

People get rotavirus vaccines for their newborns without even questioning why, and the same with Hep B. 

Doctor had already scheduled these vaccines for our kid, and seemed surprised when we told him we weren't giving them to him. 

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

I'm not making any comparison... I'm explaining why mass vaccination in the case of a virus is a good idea. 

There are various viruses from, say, the flu, through Covid, up to stuff like Polio. 

The methodology remains the same, mass vaccination gives mass coverage... regardless of severity of the virus. 

That doesn't mean Covid is like the flu, or Polio is like Rotavirus. 

People get rotavirus vaccines for their newborns without even questioning why, and the same with Hep B. 

Doctor had already scheduled these vaccines for our kid, and seemed surprised when we told him we weren't giving them to him. 

I'm not saying it's like the flu.

You can just say "I don't know" I don't know either, seems stupid tbh.

9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You're the one making comparisons though. The link you posted about mass vaccination was written years before covid even existed.

I'm not comparing the diseases I'm asking why we don't vaccinate everyone to slow the spread of it and stop people dying?

By the way I'm not an "anti vaxxer" I've had the vaccine I'm just struggling with the logic of the government going against advice on this.

I, however, could be called an anti-vaccer. 

4 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Wonder where they'll stand legally if a young cunt dies as a result of complications and they had it against their parent's wishes?

Fucked I'd imagine but they've unlimited resources to make it as difficult as possible for the parents if the worst does happen.

Didn’t they already put in place legislation that means you can’t blame them if you die? 

edit, you know what I mean 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Kelt you may just have achieved the impossible and got me sacking the covid thread.

I'm serious. 

When our kid was born they handed us forms with all the vaccines and jabs they intended to stick into a newborn baby. 

We found out what they were for, and dispensed with a number of them. 

Rotavirus is basically the shits. "Your child could become dehydrated"... no fucking way.. dehydrated, you say?  So we'll hydrate him. You're not sticking a needle in him for that. 

There are a number of pointless jabs for situations the parents can deal with easily... Covid doesn't fall into that category, though. 

23 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I'm serious. 

When our kid was born they handed us forms with all the vaccines and jabs they intended to stick into a newborn baby. 

We found out what they were for, and dispensed with a number of them. 

Rotavirus is basically the shits. "Your child could become dehydrated"... no fucking way.. dehydrated, you say?  So we'll hydrate him. You're not sticking a needle in him for that. 

There are a number of pointless jabs for situations the parents can deal with easily... Covid doesn't fall into that category, though. 

So why aren't under 12's getting it?

Say what you like about Boris but the man stood up and spoke to the Country the day after his mother had passed. He put the Country before his and his families grief, that's the sign of a true leader. I gave up listening to the people in the local assembly long ago, just follow the government now. Best thing anyone could do, you don't take orders from the monkey, go to the organ grinder. People still listening to the lemon need their head examined.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Say what you like about Boris but the man stood up and spoke to the Country the day after his mother had passed. He put the Country before his and his families grief, that's the sign of a true leader. I gave up listening to the people in the local assembly long ago, just follow the government now. Best thing anyone could do, you don't take orders from the monkey, go to the organ grinder. People still listening to the lemon need their head examined.

Johnson is an organ grinder?  Jings. 

46 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Johnson is an organ grinder?  Jings. 

The grinder is in charge of the nats, wrist deep in some frog diplomat. You don't find it odd she lives her life as a lie potentially opening herself up to all kind of bribes and influence to keep it hidden. I know this for fact, she loves a growler.  

11 hours ago, daytripping said:

I'm talking that age group, chance of illness is miniscule, bit like flu, kids don't get jabbed for that as they don't get very ill if they catch it. The side effects will be worse than the disease, just seems at odds with what we were told. My daughter caught it, mild cold symptoms for a day or so, vaccine floored her for the guts of a week. 

So again, what's the science giving it to under 16's? especially when poor Countries haven't been able to vaccinate the at risk groups.

You need to show more trust / support in Boris and ask less questions. Fuck the poor countries and scientists.

If Boris says children over 12 are getting the jab then it must be the right thing to do. Churchill and Thatcher would have done the same.

Rule Britannia.