Coronavirus

Henry

13 hours ago, Poodler said:

I accept where I went wrong in that post, Re scotland/ uk, cheers.

do you believe healthcare workers aren’t influenced by personal opinion?

Plenty of my colleagues are frustrated at the current situation. The coffee room chat reflects the general sentiment. However I only ever see patients treated fairly and appropriately. (I hope I’m not being naive).

8 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Lots of people resident in France are though.

You mean the refugees?

They're not residents of France, their status is refugee... which means they're displaced human beings seeking safe refuge. And perhaps France isn't their intended final destination. 

Some will stop in France, and some will continue on to the UK. 

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

You mean the refugees?

They're not residents of France, their status is refugee... which means they're displaced human beings seeking safe refuge. And perhaps France isn't their intended final destination. 

And I suggest that that is a stupid thing to do. They have found safety and travelling over the Channel in a dinghy is madness.

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

And I suggest that that is a stupid thing to do. They have found safety and travelling over the Channel in a dinghy is madness.

I would agree. They'd be better off in France than the UK, and the subsequent trip across the Channel is a dangerous journey that I personally would avoid.

Maybe some have relatives in the UK who can look after them better than life in a refugee camp offers.

If they've no reason to head to the UK, I feel like exposing them to the realities of the UK would put a lot of them off heading there.

Another thing that's madness is not taking a vaccine during an evolving pandemic.

...and we're back on track.

7 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I would agree. They'd be better off in France than the UK, and the subsequent trip across the Channel is a dangerous journey that I personally would avoid.

Maybe some have relatives in the UK who can look after them better than life in a refugee camp offers.

If they've no reason to head to the UK, I feel like exposing them to the realities of the UK would put a lot of them off heading there.

Another thing that's madness is not taking a vaccine during an evolving pandemic.

How do you know the realities of the U.K. ?

They are taken to 4 star hotels,given a phone and allowance.

Any medical treatment they require as well.

It's the Holy Grail.

15 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

"

"But climate change didn’t bring quick enough change for the globalists, so they fabricated a biological crisis built around a weapon- ized coronavirus to carry the ball over the finish line."

Imagine reading a publication that produces that kinda content and not thinking "maybe it's me who's the mentalist here..." 

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

* How do you know the realities of the U.K. ?

They are taken to 4 star hotels,given a phone and allowance.

Any medical treatment they require as well.

It's the Holy Grail.

* Do you reckon there are some secret realities of the UK that 'they've' been hiding from me, like? Stuff they won't say in the news in case I find out? 

51 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

You mean the refugees?

If I fly to Paris or Frankfurt or Rome and somehow manage to misplace my passport en route........when I present myself at their immigration desk I'm getting turned straight around and put on the first available flight back to where I came from. Especially now with Brexit, but even when the UK was in the EU, we weren't part of the Schengen scheme which would have allowed us to avoid passport control.

The refugees/asylum seekers/economic migrants however are arriving on a southern European beach or crossing the EU border somewhere in Eastern Europe with no documentation at all, get processed by the authorities of whatever country they get caught in and are then free to march onward to the destination of their choice. Which is never the likes of Hungary or Slovakia or Romania. No siree, no interest in staying in shitholes like that. Even Spain or Italy are generally not good enough for them....places I'd love to live if I had the cash. Germany/France/UK/Switzerland or to a lesser extent, Sweden are where they want to be. 

Germany just encouraged them by letting in over a million in 2015. Mainly young men in their early 20s. Frau Merkel is apparently bitterly regretting that decision now. Europe cannot and should not be expected to take in hordes of disaffected Muslims from various Middle Eastern countries who don't like the regimes in their home countries. Turkey could help (mainly itself) by repatriating the 3 million odd they are hosting (mainly as a staging post for their onward journey into Europe). 

• Upvote 5
6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If I fly to Paris or Frankfurt or Rome and somehow manage to misplace my passport en route........when I present myself at their immigration desk I'm getting turned straight around and put on the first available flight back to where I came from. Especially now with Brexit, but even when the UK was in the EU, we weren't part of the Schengen scheme which would have allowed us to avoid passport control.

The refugees/asylum seekers/economic migrants however are arriving on a southern European beach or crossing the EU border somewhere in Eastern Europe with no documentation at all, get processed by the authorities of whatever country they get caught in and are then free to march onward to the destination of their choice. Which is never the likes of Hungary or Slovakia or Romania. No siree, no interest in staying in shitholes like that. Even Spain or Italy are generally not good enough for them....places I'd love to live if I had the cash. Germany/France/UK/Switzerland or to a lesser extent, Sweden are where they want to be. 

Germany just encouraged them by letting in over a million in 2015. Mainly young men in their early 20s. Frau Merkel is apparently bitterly regretting that decision now. Europe cannot and should not be expected to take in hordes of disaffected Muslims from various Middle Eastern countries who don't like the regimes in their home countries. Turkey could help (mainly itself) by repatriating the 3 million odd they are hosting (mainly as a staging post for their onward journey into Europe). 

I'm not sure what the purpose of that anti-immigrant rant was... you quoted me, but proceeded to not address that quote. 

But... cool... another good talk, I guess. 

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

My point is how far do we take the "doing that is madness" stuff so we can refuse medical treatment or rescue?

Are people who go skiing deserving of medical treatment when they break a leg? People in speeding cars? People who cross seas in a paddling pool?

I get your point but if people are ill or in danger they deserve help if that help is available.

13 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

* My point is how far do we take the "doing that is madness" stuff so we can refuse medical treatment or rescue?

** Are people who go skiing deserving of medical treatment when they break a leg? People in speeding cars? People who cross seas in a paddling pool?

*** I get your point but if people are ill or in danger they deserve help if that help is available.

* Well, we all have different philosophies on who's doing what, and how valid their reasons are for doing their particular 'what'. 

** Was there a facility available to the skier that said, "Use this and you're 99% certain to never have an accident"? And if so, did he say, "Fuck you, YOLO!" and throw himself off the top of a mountain that had no snow on it?

*** In the event of an emergency, triage demands those most likely to survive are attended to first. People who are vaxxed are more likely to survive, but they can, however rarely, get sick. They should be attended to first, purely from a logical standpoint, and not even taking into account my sociopathic 'Fuck you' policy towards the willfully unvaxxed.

55 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

* Well, we all have different philosophies on who's doing what, and how valid their reasons are for doing their particular 'what'. 

** Was there a facility available to the skier that said, "Use this and you're 99% certain to never have an accident"? And if so, did he say, "Fuck you, YOLO!" and throw himself off the top of a mountain that had no snow on it?

*** In the event of an emergency, triage demands those most likely to survive are attended to first. People who are vaxxed are more likely to survive, but they can, however rarely, get sick. They should be attended to first, purely from a logical standpoint, and not even taking into account my sociopathic 'Fuck you' policy towards the willfully unvaxxed.

There's a 100% sure fire way to prevent getting injured skiing, not going skiing. Why should anyone who chooses to put themselves at such stupid risk be treated?

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

There's a 100% sure fire way to prevent getting injured skiing, not going skiing. Why should anyone who chooses to put themselves at such stupid risk be treated?

Because me skiing or not skiing doesn't mutate into a virus that can kill other people, or hospitalise them in their hundreds of thousands, impacting the well-being of others. 

There's never been a global pandemic of skiing accidents that then go and injure people who aren't even skiing, so if you get into a skiing accident there's probably not going to be a problem getting a bed. 

This can be judged against fatalities. 365,000 Americans died of Covid last year, not taking into account millions who required hospital treatment. 

38 Americans died of skiing last year, and most non-fatal injuries would require outpatient treatment for broken bones or oopsies. 

It's not a terrific comparison to make. 

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I agree totally but I suppose there is a morale obligation 

Same as folk that end up needing mountain rescue though  - they should be made to pay the bill for it

11 hours ago, Ke1t said:

That'll be why the French aren't getting into dinghies and paddling across the Channel. 

It is maybe because the French would require the help and intervention of the UK (yet again) to help them inflate their dinghies due to being incapable of doing it for themselves, before even contemplating to set sail for the good old, eternally-accommodating UK.

7 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Because me skiing or not skiing doesn't mutate into a virus that can kill other people, or hospitalise them in their hundreds of thousands, impacting the well-being of others. 

There's never been a global pandemic of skiing accidents that then go and injure people who aren't even skiing, so if you get into a skiing accident there's probably not going to be a problem getting a bed. 

This can be judged against fatalities. 365,000 Americans died of Covid last year, not taking into account millions who required hospital treatment. 

38 Americans died of skiing last year, and most non-fatal injuries would require outpatient treatment for broken bones or oopsies. 

It's not a terrific comparison to make. 

The principle is the same. Their behaviour has directly led to their requirement for medical treatment.