Coronavirus

Henry

Vaccines against respiratory viruses can never provide anything more than a temporary cross-reactive immunity update.  They are merely a synthetic replacement for your annual natural exposure to the smorgasbord of cold and flu viruses. Immunity as a service, imposed on society by trickery. The only question was always, how long between booster shots? Weeks, months, years? 

https://www.juliusruechel.com/2021/09/the-snake-oil-salesmen-and-covid-zero.html

42 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

Vaccines against respiratory viruses can never provide anything more than a temporary cross-reactive immunity update.  They are merely a synthetic replacement for your annual natural exposure to the smorgasbord of cold and flu viruses. Immunity as a service, imposed on society by trickery. The only question was always, how long between booster shots? Weeks, months, years? 

https://www.juliusruechel.com/2021/09/the-snake-oil-salesmen-and-covid-zero.html

Not reading that novel, but then - neither did you.

Sheeple indeed.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

Chickenpox vaccine seems pretty effective if given in childhood. One dose gives roughly 90% coverage, but in UK we are giving 2 doses 4 to 8 weeks apart to kids which is considered to boost up to 98% effectiveness and 100% against severe illness. Long term coverage is reckoned to drop to no worse than 82% after 10 years with one dose, double vaccinated to 92%  with the likelihood that this coverage will persist.

Not quite as effective if given to teenagers and adults at around 75% effectiveness although the 100% coverage against severe illness is maintained.

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Chickenpox vaccine seems pretty effective if given in childhood. One dose gives roughly 90% coverage, but in UK we are giving 2 doses 4 to 8 weeks apart to kids which is considered to boost up to 98% effectiveness and 100% against severe illness. Long term coverage is reckoned to drop to no worse than 82% after 10 years with one dose, double vaccinated to 92%  with the likelihood that this coverage will persist.

Not quite as effective if given to teenagers and adults at around 75% effectiveness although the 100% coverage against severe illness is maintained.

When did we start vaccinating against chicken pox? Thought it was just the yanks who did that.

7 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

When did we start vaccinating against chicken pox? Thought it was just the yanks who did that.

It's not given routinely, only offered to those close contacts of those at severe risk of the complications of chickenpox and for  healthcare workers who are non-immune

But it is available on request from GP's if you really want to children covered

25 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Anybody successfully downloaded and deployed the NHS Covid App? I went thru the palava of photographing my driving license and myself, but no match found!!

Yep. Tried downloading app and downloading pdf via laptop. Both failed to complete due to "problems" their end.

Couldn't arrange a piss up in a brewery springs to mind....

This thread has really died, excellent. 

I got the old Vid last week, coupla brutal days over the weekend but over it now. 

had everyone back at mine last Thursday aswell after the bar and they’re all fine.

There’s no rhyme or reason to how it moves. She had it a few months ago and I never caught it when living with her, I assumed I just wouldn’t get it. Then was cruelly struck down in the kingdom of Rosemount by an unknown assailant.

37 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's a strange one. More people getting it and dying from it than last year and yet no levels, outside drinking etc etc.

Should've listened to me from the start and just cracked on.

Why are people still dying from it is the puzzler, vaccine uptake in the older age groups was near 100%. You are correct though, the whole lockdown thing was an utter waste of time

Regardless of what the truth may be about the virus and it's threat level, the level of compliance among the masses has been the scariest thing for me. As time went on, not only have we seen multiple crackpot conspiracy theories, there have been just as many complicity theorists who have hung on every word and barmy restriction put forth by power mad politicians. We've certainly seen who the would-be Nazi / Stasi collaborators among us are. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
45 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Regardless of what the truth may be about the virus and it's threat level, the level of compliance among the masses has been the scariest thing for me. As time went on, not only have we seen multiple crackpot conspiracy theories, there have been just as many complicity theorists who have hung on every word and barmy restriction put forth by power mad politicians. We've certainly seen who the would-be Nazi / Stasi collaborators among us are. 

I agree with your observation regarding the conspiracies and on the other end, the staunch rule followers. 

One thing folk need to stop doing though, is comparing anything that's went on here, to Nazi Germany or the Holocaust. 

It's something I'm hearing more and more and it's literally not comparable, and also lazy of the person doing the comparison. 

On 10/7/2021 at 9:46 PM, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I agree with your observation regarding the conspiracies and on the other end, the staunch rule followers. 

One thing folk need to stop doing though, is comparing anything that's went on here, to Nazi Germany or the Holocaust. 

It's something I'm hearing more and more and it's literally not comparable, and also lazy of the person doing the comparison. 

The Holocaust didn’t happen. Invented by Jews to make people sympathetic towards them IMO.