Coronavirus

Henry

Starting to lose my wick with conspiracy cunts. Got a couple at my work that are thick as pig shit and don't shut up about it. Sitting on their phones obnoxiously laughing begging you to take them on so they can hit you with some coockoo nonsense. 

Of course, if you refuse to entertain such nonsense you're a sheeple, incapable of thinking  for yourself. 

The woats. 

This new strain is a direct result of western nations refusing to allow for a free vaccine patent, amongst other things. 

Covid ain't a hoax, but it's sure showing the frailties in our current economic/political set up. They have no idea what to do. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Is it just the Covid vaccine you're against, NEM? Or vaccines in general? 

For example if you were going on holiday to say Mexico and it was recommended you get vaccines for diphtheria and tetanus, would you get them? 

Genuine question. 

I think this is a good question. For a long time, people have required vaccines to travel to certain parts of the world, never before have I heard this challenged. People go travelling to Asia and need vaccines, or go to work in Africa and need certain vaccines. 

Now, because it's looking like a requirement in Europe, it's clearly something more sinister to those who struggle to comprehend, I think a huge part of the conspiracy theorists/vaccine sceptics etc is simply complacency. 

7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I think this vaccine is the first to have an element of force to make people take it, that I know of. I think that's a big part of it.

Wrong, smallpox in 1902 a Swedish pastor vs Massachusetts and 1950s polio outbreak in America.1902 used Supreme Court judgement that individual civil liberties vs health and safety of population was denied. You also had world war 2 mustard gas mask deniers during the war, but not many survived, due to the gas funnily enough.

• Upvote 3

Just to name 2. There’s many more isolated cases in Africa, Asia and some small island nations that made vaccinations mandatory at certain times throughout history. All you need to do is read?. Easier to say what you feel even if it’s wrong, double down on that position than to actually learn though.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Just to name 2. There’s many more isolated cases in Africa, Asia and some small island nations that made vaccinations mandatory at certain times throughout history. All you need to do is read?. Easier to say what you feel even if it’s wrong, double down on that position than to actually learn though.

I read a magazine a week 

24 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I think this vaccine is the first to have an element of force to make people take it, that I know of. I think that's a big part of it.

In our country. Aye. 

20 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Yeah, Moobs in the mud before 9 on a Monday. 

14 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Yeah, Moobs in the mud before 9 on a Monday. 

I was clearly meaning here. I'm not sure what happened in Africa over 100 years ago has much relevance to what's going on here now.

I've had the vaccine BTW, I'm not against it, I just think it'd be helpful to look at the reasons people might be against it rather than just criticise.

But yeah that's me "in the mud"

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I was clearly meaning here. I'm not sure what happened in Africa over 100 years ago has much relevance to what's going on here now.

I've had the vaccine BTW, I'm not against it, I just think it'd be helpful to look at the reasons people might be against it rather than just criticise.

The reasons people are against it have been covered, they are sceptical over things that have been disproven. 

They keep pedalling the same stuff, though. 

Edit; 

It still happens in Africa/Asia today. You need vaccinations to travel there, to gain access to particular countries. So no, it's not only "100 years ago."

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The reasons people are against it have been covered, they are sceptical over things that have been disproven. 

They keep pedalling the same stuff, though. 

Edit; 

It still happens in Africa/Asia today. You need vaccinations to travel there, to gain access to particular countries. So no, it's not only "100 years ago."

You are so desperate for an argument.

Most of the people I know that haven't been vaccinated have said they have concerns about it's long term effects. You might think that's wrong but it's not been "disproven"

I had to be vaccinated to do something on Saturday, that's a new thing domestically, that's all I'm saying.

5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/398321/

Most anti vaccination crusades of today stem from the Victorian aged  anti vac push by the British.it’s certainly not a modern construct to rebel against science and facts. It’s the mistrust of the government at the time (no clarity or leadership) that leads to a vacuum created  that leads folks to make their own minds up about certain subjects, in this case it’s viruses!,folks mostly haven’t a clue what virology is but pretends they do, it’s a human trait.that’s where misinformation steps in, Internet, fake celebs, popular folk, are paid to spread such information which muddies the reality.if one thing shows about humanity it’s that history always repeats itself.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Is it just the Covid vaccine you're against, NEM? Or vaccines in general? 

For example if you were going on holiday to say Mexico and it was recommended you get vaccines for diphtheria and tetanus, would you get them? 

Genuine question. 

I'm not against vaccinations at all - folk can do what they like with their own bodies.  Both my kids had the MMR vaccine. 

I'm against being coerced into taking a drug which is still under trial, of which thousands of adverse reactions have been reported from, for what is essentially a bad cold to the fit and healthy. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Starting to lose my wick with conspiracy cunts. Got a couple at my work that are thick as pig shit and don't shut up about it. Sitting on their phones obnoxiously laughing begging you to take them on so they can hit you with some coockoo nonsense. 

Of course, if you refuse to entertain such nonsense you're a sheeple, incapable of thinking  for yourself. 

The woats. 

This new strain is a direct result of western nations refusing to allow for a free vaccine patent, amongst other things. 

Covid ain't a hoax, but it's sure showing the frailties in our current economic/political set up. They have no idea what to do. 

Which the Africans are saying the symptoms of are mild as fuck.  An absolute joke the level of scaremongering and panic being shown by our government and media.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, NEM said:

I'm not against vaccinations at all - folk can do what they like with their own bodies.  Both my kids had the MMR vaccine. 

I'm against being coerced into taking a drug which is still under trial, of which thousands of adverse reactions have been reported from, for what is essentially a bad cold to the fit and healthy. 

Which the Africans are saying the symptoms of are mild as fuck.  An absolute joke the level of scaremongering and panic being shown by our government and media.  

I don't disagree the media are hamming it up, but they do that with everything else. They aren't trying to report accurately, they are trying to get clicks/sell papers. 

A pitfall of our current system. 

Edit; same goes for a lot of the anti vaccine folk, they are paid contrarians kidding on they are on some sort of crusade against the lies. Any cunt with a mouth is allowed to talk about this at length. Leave it to the doctors, virologists etc etc. 

45 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You are so desperate for an argument.

Most of the people I know that haven't been vaccinated have said they have concerns about it's long term effects. You might think that's wrong but it's not been "disproven"

I had to be vaccinated to do something on Saturday, that's a new thing domestically, that's all I'm saying.

Thing is with that it's equally, if not more so, plausible that if they caught Covid, they could suffer long term effects. 

Problem is no one believes how severe it can be, until they get it. Most critical Covid hospitalisations at the moment are people who are unvaccinated. 

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Thing is with that it's equally, if not more so, plausible that if they caught Covid, they could suffer long term effects. 

Problem is no one believes how severe it can be, until they get it. Most critical Covid hospitalisations at the moment are people who are unvaccinated. 

I'm sure I read that it's only 35%, don't know if that was "critical" tbf