Coronavirus

Henry

5 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Arlene got how

much? from the uk government so that the tories had a majority?, but aye Scotland gets more!,(still don’t see that a problem?) 

was it only Scotland to lockdown? Was it only Scotland that supports vaccine passports?. No it was the majority of nations that done that, for good or for ill,

Did you know for example that most uk flight attendants were forced to adhere to a vaccine mandate to keep their jobs 6 month prior to social and healthcare professionals?.didn’t hear an uproar then!

Not sure why that's relevant?

We locked down longest.  No vax passport in England and the negative test has always been an option in Wales as far as I know.

There should have been.

5 minutes ago, NEM said:

Not sure why that's relevant?

We locked down longest.  No vax passport in England and the negative test has always been an option in Wales as far as I know.

There should have been.

In Britain it was the longest! and to be honest boris Johnstone said let the bodies pile up, doesn’t allude to a man giving 2 fucks about health and only wealth coupled by his herd immunity strategy!,markdrakeford(Wales) or sturgeon has a little empathy left!, feelings for the dying all be it the old category led them to lockdown further, doesn’t make it right economy wise but that’s what they did. Could have been a lot worse! (Australia’s policies of someone farting in Darwin leading to immediately locking down everyone).has America not only just let tourists in?.would say they had it worse.

16 minutes ago, NEM said:

Not sure what planet the boys on

You intimated that me saying we should listen to doctors, over paid contrarians in the media, was somehow a dig at you? Unless you're one of the paid contrarians I'm referring to, how would this be a dig? Your ego is telling that there's no mention of you in what I said, or thought for you, and you still think it's aimed at you. 

It's a common sense thing to say. 

What does Joe Rogan think?

3 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

In Britain it was the longest! and to be honest boris Johnstone said let the bodies pile up, doesn’t allude to a man giving 2 fucks about health and only wealth coupled by his herd immunity strategy!,markdrakeford(Wales) or sturgeon has a little empathy left!, feelings for the dying all be it the old category led them to lockdown further, doesn’t make it right economy wise but that’s what they did. Could have been a lot worse! (Australia’s policies of someone farting in Darwin leading to immediately locking down everyone).has America not only just let tourists in?.would say they had it worse.

You're arguing with a guy who referred to the virus that has caused a global pandemic as a "glorified cold" the other day. He's not going to accept anything you've said there, no matter how reasonable, as something worth listening to. 

Yea, that's right, 2 years in almost and there are still people who think it's all a big dramatisation not worth the fuss. 

It's me who's living on a different planet, though. 

All governments failed as the virus is not only still kicking about but is getting stronger by the mutations and different variants now kicking about,hence why SARS and MERS died out and well 2 years down the line and here we all are. Blaming each other while the smug governments line the pockets of the important and we get shafted arguing on forums, internet and such likes.

governments 1-0 normal everyday folk 

exactly how they want it.

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You intimated that me saying we should listen to doctors, over paid contrarians in the media, was somehow a dig at you? Unless you're one of the paid contrarians I'm referring to, how would this be a dig? Your ego is telling that there's no mention of you in what I said, or thought for you, and you still think it's aimed at you. 

It's a common sense thing to say. 

What does Joe Rogan think?

You've cherry picked part of one of 4 or 5 points.  I wasn't intimating that at all.

You tell me.  I don't listen to his (or any) podcasts yet you admitted to listening to it after slagging others for doing so.  

You're arguing with a guy who referred to the virus that has caused a global pandemic as a "glorified cold" the other day. He's not going to accept anything you've said there, no matter how reasonable, as something worth listening to. 

Yea, that's right, 2 years in almost and there are still people who think it's all a big dramatisation. Save your breath. 

It is to the fit and healthy.

Just now, Dons79 said:

All governments failed as the virus is not only still kicking about but is getting stronger by the mutations and different variants now kicking about,hence why SARS and MERS died out and well 2 years down the line and here we all are. Blaming each other while the smug governments line the pockets of the important and we get shafted arguing on forums, internet and such likes.

governments 1-0 normal everyday folk 

exactly how they want it.

No it isn't.

The rest I agree with they've played a blinder with their divide and conquer.  Just look at the response on here to anyone saying they're not taking the vaccine ?

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Roberto said:

2 years in, still pissing about with a vaccine which they don't know will work against this new variant.

2 years in and still humming and heying about further restrictions.

2 years in and pushing further boosters to help protect the NHS.

2 years in its still arse over tit. 

2 years in and still talked about as if it is the biggest killer in the UK. All whilst in the background the bigger killers (cancer, lung disease, heart attacks, old age, natural causes) aren't reported, those statistics appear to go down, whilst Covid goes up.

2 years in and still not really further forward at times.

2 years in and it furthers the them vs us system that the government want. Let everyone argue amongst themselves so the shade is off of the government on how much they have fucked up.

You're conflating unfounded vaccine scepticism with criticism of the governments policy regarding Covid. 

Every government has fucked it. They have no idea what to do. 

It's irrelevant to the credibility of the vaccine tho. 

9 minutes ago, NEM said:

You've cherry picked part of one of 4 or 5 points.  I wasn't intimating that at all.

You tell me.  I don't listen to his (or any) podcasts yet you admitted to listening to it after slagging others for doing so.  

It is to the fit and healthy.

1.) You clearly thought I meant you, otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up as a reason to call me a "moron." Not sure how else that could be interpreted. 

2.) Plenty instances where this hasn't been the case. Many, seemingly, fit and healthy people have succumbed to the virus. 

You're conflating unfounded vaccine scepticism with criticism of the governments policy regarding Covid. 

Every government has fucked it. They have no idea what to do. 

It's irrelevant to the credibility of the vaccine tho. 

Unfounded how?  

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

1.) You clearly thought I meant you, otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up as a reason to call me a "moron." Not sure how else that could be interpreted. 

2.) Plenty instances where this hasn't been the case. Many, seemingly, fit and healthy people have succumbed to the virus. 

No you meant anyone in general who was against taking the vaccine.

Plenty or a few outliers?  

Presume you've been vaccinated - what were your reasons for getting it?

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Unfounded how?  

Unfounded in the sense that millions (if not billions) have taken some sort of COVID vaccine in the last year and the health problems that arrive immediately after, or in the period after, are still very few and far between. 

People will happily go out on the sauce and drink themselves till they are sick, but won't take a vaccines approved by all the same channels other vaccines are. It's baffling.

Ironically, it's generally the people who think the world needs to 'toughen up' or everything has gone 'too soft' that appear to be worried about the effect of a vaccine that old biddies rocked up to take with no second thought.

At this point it's embarrassing. 

9 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

You lads who are nae getting the vaccine, nae fancy gigs/holidays in the future? 

I've been to 2 gigs in the past month and possibly travelling abroad with work next month.  It's not mandatory to get in everywhere, at least not yet.

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Unfounded in the sense that millions (if not billions) have taken some sort of COVID vaccine in the last year and the health problems that arrive immediately after, or in the period after, are still very few and far between. 

People will happily go out on the sauce and drink themselves till they are sick, but won't take a vaccines approved by all the same channels other vaccines are. It's baffling.

Ironically, it's verbally the people who think the world needs to 'toughen up' or everything has gone 'too soft' that appear to be worried about the effect of a vaccine that old biddies rocked up to take with no second thought.

At this point it's embarrassing. 

A bit like healthy from Covid? 

What's embarrassing is folk greeting about others choice.  If your vaccine works why do you care if I've had it?

Why did you get the vaccine?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, NEM said:

No you meant anyone in general who was against taking the vaccine.

Plenty or a few outliers?  

Presume you've been vaccinated - what were your reasons for getting it?

I got the vaccine because I got COVID and it was shite. Couldn't be arsed with that severity again, the illest I've been in my adult life by far. 

I think there is far too much misinformation in the world because of the Internet, and I'm going to trust the recommendations of medical professionals etc before some right wing libertarian types with an axe to grind about anyone telling them what to do at all. 

Mostly, because I'm not a wetty who thinks the government are trying to kill me. They kill us every day with a million other things. 

They just want us all back to work ASAP to shut us up and keep the illusion of our freedoms going. 

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

A bit like healthy from Covid? 

What's embarrassing is folk greeting about others choice.  If your vaccine works why do you care if I've had it?

Why did you get the vaccine?

? FFS min. 

This has been explained umpteen times. If you don't know by now why it's important as many people as possible get vaccinated you're either being deliberately obtuse, or you're having a hard time understanding. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I got the vaccine because I got COVID and it was shite. Couldn't be arsed with that severity again, the illest I've been in my adult life by far. 

I think there is far too much misinformation in the world because of the Internet, and I'm going to trust the recommendations of medical professionals etc before some right wing libertarian types with an axe to grind about anyone telling them what to do at all. 

Mostly, because I'm not a wetty who thinks the government are trying to kill me. They kill us every day with a million other things. 

They just want us all back to work ASAP to shut us up and keep the illusion of our freedoms going. 

You got a vaccine to prevent you getting something you've already got natural immunity to?

Ha ha everything's got to be left or right eh?  If Patrick Harvie told you to jump off a skyscraper you'd likely do it.

Make your mind up are they trying to kill us or not?  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, NEM said:

You got a vaccine to prevent you getting something you've already got natural immunity to?

Ha ha everything's got to be left or right eh?  If Patrick Harvie told you to jump off a skyscraper you'd likely do it.

Not with this vaccine, no!

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

? FFS min. 

This has been explained umpteen times. If you don't know by now why it's important as many people as possible get vaccinated you're either being deliberately obtuse, or you're having a hard time understanding. 

The vaccine doesn't prevent transmission so that arguments no longer valid

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

The vaccine doesn't prevent transmission so that arguments no longer valid

What vaccine has ever prevented transmission? It simply lowers the rate of transmission, so therefore, the more people that get it, the rate of transmission can become so low it's hardly noticeable! 

What vaccine has ever prevented transmission? It simply lowers the rate of transmission, so therefore, the more people that get it, the rate of transmission can become so low it's hardly noticeable! 

How's that working out?

• Like 1

So the logic is, because something can't cure the virus completely, it's not worth taking? 

Very little medicines/treatments around the world stop the thing it's fighting against in its tracks. There isn't a magic pill etc for anything. 

So the logic is, because something can't cure the virus completely, it's not worth taking? 

Very little medicines/treatments around the world stop the thing it's fighting against in its tracks. There isn't a magic pill etc for anything. 

lol

Have a nice day.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, NEM said:

Only natural immunity but for how long?

reason it was called the novel coronavirus was because it was brand new!, another failure of government to drop the “novel” moniker, lead to the thought that once you had it then that’s you!, same as vaccine immunity which has been proven nosedives after 9 month of use!, takes thousands of years to have a decent protection from viruses seen as we have lived with noroviruses and flu, s for centuries. Even with that the old, and ill still die from this, there is no 100% immunity to anything

every year the Black Death still affects parts of North America, nothing gets eradicated, most just lie dormant until it’s time again!.

Just now, Dons79 said:

Only natural immunity but for how long?

reason it was called the novel coronavirus was because it was brand new!, another failure of government to drop the “novel” moniker, lead to the thought that once you had it then that’s you!, same as vaccine immunity which has been proven nosedives after 9 month of use!, takes thousands of years to have a decent protection from viruses seen as we have lived with noroviruses and flu, s for centuries. Even with that the old, and ill still die from this, there is no 100% immunity to anything

every year the Black Death still affects parts of North America, nothing gets eradicated, most just lie dormant until it’s time again!.

For about as long as immunity from the vaccine.

Fully agree - we need to learn to live with it.