Coronavirus

Henry

5 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

What would you think if even in the 20-30 age bracket there was a considerably higher death rate per 100k people in the vaccinated population? I'm not sure if the Office for National Statistics data breaks it down into age groups, but that would definitely be something to worry about.

But there won't be. Because the vaccine isn't killing people and anyone who thinks or wants to imply it is, like those on all Laich's right-wing nut job sites, need to take the tinfoil hat off and be removed from the Internet. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Heading to Leeds to get a lateral flow test that needs to show negative to get a certificate to get on the plane to Dublin tomorrow.

I’ve just had an email saying that the requirement to show a negative test has been put back to Sunday…

That will work.......  Hope you get something can get sorted out.

4 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

What exactly is it that you think the selective hearing mob isnt but should be listening to min?

The fact that the shot (vaccine) is potentially dangerous.  Unlike other vaccines this was rolled out with minimal testing and is technically not a vaccine as it uses different medical techniques compared to your standard vaccines.    That's why the vaccine definition is currently being altered at this moment and time to include this type of treatment.  If you go to your government website you will see that the full study is not completed till 2023.  

I'm delighted that people with compromised immune systems have taken the jabs to help protect them as it could potentially save them from serious complications. But the fact is the jab has been pushed onto more people than it should be is very worrying as complications can arise due to reactions.  I know of many serious reactions locally and also with a couple of relatives.  This is obviously the risk with anything that's not been fully tested.  And you will always have fallout.  I accept this.

I am not anti vax, people on here think i am but i am waiting it out a bit longer to see what the longer effects are.  I work in healthcare, i wear my ppe, i do things responsibly and feel people should have the choice to take it or not.  And i certainly think it should not be risked at this early stage on children.

The governments have panicked and over bought these jabs and are pushing them on to people who are statistically not going to be affected by the virus.  You can have the jab and still be a transmitter.  The jab only lessens symptoms.

I think in time we will see(in fact it will probably be covered up) that more fatalities will have happened with the lack of health care during this time.  We closed all clinics for months and months.  I couldn't believe it.

Anyway, if everyone gets the choice that's fine with me.  Just look at other countries data and investigate as lots of people ARE having problems after the shots.  Ok its maybe inconclusive but you cant rule it out that it may have contributed to it.  And it should be talked about.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, jamiesd said:

The fact that the shot (vaccine) is potentially dangerous.  Unlike other vaccines this was rolled out with minimal testing and is technically not a vaccine as it uses different medical techniques compared to your standard vaccines.    That's why the vaccine definition is currently being altered at this moment and time to include this type of treatment.  If you go to your government website you will see that the full study is not completed till 2023.  

I'm delighted that people with compromised immune systems have taken the jabs to help protect them as it could potentially save them from serious complications. But the fact is the jab has been pushed onto more people than it should be is very worrying as complications can arise due to reactions.  I know of many serious reactions locally and also with a couple of relatives.  This is obviously the risk with anything that's not been fully tested.  And you will always have fallout.  I accept this.

I am not anti vax, people on here think i am but i am waiting it out a bit longer to see what the longer effects are.  I work in healthcare, i wear my ppe, i do things responsibly and feel people should have the choice to take it or not.  And i certainly think it should not be risked at this early stage on children.

The governments have panicked and over bought these jabs and are pushing them on to people who are statistically not going to be affected by the virus.  You can have the jab and still be a transmitter.  The jab only lessens symptoms.

I think in time we will see(in fact it will probably be covered up) that more fatalities will have happened with the lack of health care during this time.  We closed all clinics for months and months.  I couldn't believe it.

Anyway, if everyone gets the choice that's fine with me.  Just look at other countries data and investigate as lots of people ARE having problems after the shots.  Ok its maybe inconclusive but you cant rule it out that it may have contributed to it.  And it should be talked about.

Great post bud, can’t say fairer than that.

I was led to understand that the reason these vaccines were produced and rolled out so much quicker has been due to the acceleration of the process of manufacture and distribution, rather than the research and development part of the process being rushed or parts skipped or whatever.

We are being told by professors and leading clinical health professionals that the vaccines have gone through the same safety checks as any other.

As you say, there are potential side effects and complications possible with pretty much all chemicals and medication that we put in our bodies. If you actually sit and read the potential side effects from paracetomol or ibuprofen you would be worried about taking them.

I certainly haven’t heard of anyone having any adverse reactions to the vaccine, (apart from the possible links to bloodclots with AZ) but by no means i am any sort of an expert and even though there are likely to be adverse effects for some people, i think it has still been calculated to conclude that the overall benefits of the vaccine will greatly outweigh the potential down sides.

Its really interesting to hear your take on it though.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Great post bud, can’t say fairer than that.

I was led to understand that the reason these vaccines were produced and rolled out so much quicker has been due to the acceleration of the process of manufacture and distribution, rather than the research and development part of the process being rushed or parts skipped or whatever.

We are being told by professors and leading clinical health professionals that the vaccines have gone through the same safety checks as any other.

As you say, there are potential side effects and complications possible with pretty much all chemicals and medication that we put in our bodies. If you actually sit and read the potential side effects from paracetomol or ibuprofen you would be worried about taking them.

I certainly haven’t heard of anyone having any adverse reactions to the vaccine, (apart from the possible links to bloodclots with AZ) but by no means i am any sort of an expert and even though there are likely to be adverse effects for some people, i think it has still been calculated to conclude that the overall benefits of the vaccine will greatly outweigh the potential down sides.

Its really interesting to hear your take on it though.

I am far from an expert either.  And i agree 100% bud that peoples lives will be saved.  I just think people just need to slow down and think a bit more.  Hopefully we all come through this shit show intact ?

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

If they’ve “over bought them” are you saying they’re just using them up now and pushing use to get rid of the excess?

What’s  the point in that? Be as well chucking them in the bin as you’re not getting your money back. 

5 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

If they’ve “over bought them” are you saying they’re just using them up now and pushing use to get rid of the excess?

What’s  the point in that? Be as well chucking them in the bin as you’re not getting your money back. 

Not sure Boof.  Maybe to look as though the useless cunts are actually doing something.  Plenty has already been binned as they were not used within time.  Heard this first hand at Teca.

1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

When you say lots of people are having problems, do you have a %? Even an approximation?

15 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

When you say lots of people are having problems, do you have a %? Even an approximation?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting#yellow-card-reports  

Looks like a small number in the scheme of things but it needs to still be known to the public

19 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

I'd say it needs contextualised. 

What's the proportion of people who suffer adverse reactions to other immunisations? How does that compare to Covid vaccinations? 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'd say it needs contextualised. 

What's the proportion of people who suffer adverse reactions to other immunisations? How does that compare to Covid vaccinations? 

I'd guess not as many Parky as other immunisations have been developed over many years and had time to be improved.  This will hopefully happen with these covid19 ones.

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Shouldn't have told anyone... no one would have known. Negative test. No isolate.

Enjoy the fitba tomorrow.

Ach, I guess it will be warmer watching it on the virtual season ticket. 

The missus was supposed to be out tonight (she got pinged as well). Was looking forward to a Friday night on my own doing whatever I wanted. 

6 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

Ach, I guess it will be warmer watching it on the virtual season ticket. 

The missus was supposed to be out tonight (she got pinged as well). Was looking forward to a Friday night on my own doing whatever I wanted. 

Aka you were going to have a PBW on the sofa watching Babestation.

• Upvote 1