Coronavirus

Henry

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

How accurate are those LFTs?

Was blocked up, coughing, dull sare heid for 3-4 days last week that painkillers didn't out away.  Did 2 that were negative.

Kind of hope it was covid  just to get it out of way and was no worse than a cold/cough

I was full of the cold, choked up, sore head and cabined up at work for two days. Had to take 4 pcrs around that time and was always negative. Cold/flu still happens.  

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Are you Omicron boys coughing up lung butter? I've got a serious cough bringing up some pretty heavy shit.

You could grout yir bathroom with the stuff im producing out my chest and nose. Got the booster last week, had a massive hangover the day i got it and have been pretty fucked since. Been doing (negative) LFT’s most days. Smell and taste has gone but putting it down to heavy cold. 
Back to work imorn, praying for covid.

50 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Was blocked up, coughing, dull sare heid for 3-4 days last week that painkillers didn't out away.  Did 2 that were negative.

Kind of hope it was covid  just to get it out of way and was no worse than a cold/cough

I’ve got it just now as well. First few lateral flows were negative, PCR came back positive then lateral flow showed faint positive line. They seem to take a bit longer to pick it up ?

24 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

The Scottish man has been coughing up greeners in the colder seasons since time began. 

Start the day with a huge hack down the sink and get right into business. 

Coffee, youtube, breakfast. 

Big gochle oot the van window and I'm ready for the day.

Get a lot of funny looks when you cough nowadays.

35 minutes ago, NEM said:

I’ve got it just now as well. First few lateral flows were negative, PCR came back positive then lateral flow showed faint positive line. They seem to take a bit longer to pick it up ?

Nae doing another one.

Terrible for the planet.

Cough etc all gone now 

2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

@parky ?

Just for clarity, what I inferred from your initial post (perhaps wrongly) was that you believed the increase in LFT's being done was due to huge swathes of people all hoping to get a positive test so that they could skive off work. I don't believe that is the case. 

Unfortunately I wasn't clear in my reply. There will be some people who'd happily have symptomless Covid and get paid time off work. In no way do I think this explains a big upsurge in LFT's being done over the festive period though. 

Poor communication previously. 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Just for clarity, what I inferred from your initial post (perhaps wrongly) was that you believed the increase in LFT's being done was due to huge swathes of people all hoping to get a positive test so that they could skive off work. I don't believe that is the case. 

Unfortunately I wasn't clear in my reply. There will be some people who'd happily have symptomless Covid and get paid time off work. In no way do I think this explains a big upsurge in LFT's being done over the festive period though. 

Poor communication previously. 

Just going by my own experiences over the past couple of weeks Parko. Multiply that by the general populas and that to me explains the huge rise in LF tests.It's obvious to me what is happening. Also see the chaps of this forum that have been happy to see those two wee bars appear. 

3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Just going by my own experiences over the past couple of weeks Parko. Multiply that by the general populas and that to me explains the huge rise in LF tests.It's obvious to me what is happening. Also see the chaps of this forum that have been happy to see those two wee bars appear. 

I don't doubt that some people would happily have mild/symptomless Covid to let them skive off. 

Id say a rise in LFT's being carried out over Christmas is due to folk doing them prior to mixing with more vulnerable family members. 

Pointless argument though as we can never prove it one way or another. ?

Just now, Parklife said:

I don't doubt that some people would happily have mild/symptomless Covid to let them skive off. 

Id say a rise in LFT's being carried out over Christmas is due to folk doing them prior to mixing with more vulnerable family members. 

Pointless argument though as we can never prove it one way or another. ?

Fair enough. You not had the ol' covids yet Parko?

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Fair enough. You not had the ol' covids yet Parko?

Not as far as I'm aware. Had a cunt of a cold in early December but took loads of LFT's and every single one was negative. 

Id expected to get it at some point, as I interact with so many people at work. Just been lucky, so far...

I know Twitter is jam packed full of dramatic fucking attention seekers..... That blond bint fae Aberdeen being one of the worst (she put out a belter of an attention-seeking post a couple of days ago) but there are still grown fully healthy adults getting thoughts and prayers from other healthy adults over getting this cough, even being a contact gets messages of support as if you were going in for open heart surgery. 

It makes you want to go to Syria and blow up infidels and pump Shemima. 

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

The LFT I did on Sunday before my PCR on Monday was negative, but the wife's was positive. 

Don't think the LFTs are very accurate.

14 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

I know Twitter is jam packed full of dramatic fucking attention seekers..... That blond bint fae Aberdeen being one of the worst (she put out a belter of an attention-seeking post a couple of days ago) but there are still grown fully healthy adults getting thoughts and prayers from other healthy adults over getting this cough, even being a contact gets messages of support as if you were going in for open heart surgery. 

It makes you want to go to Syria and blow up infidels and pump Shemima. 

NF?

Its constant with her.

26 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I gather you can get sacked from your employment for having the killer bug....

https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/17/pub-worker-fired-after-refusing-to-come-in-with-covid-symptoms-15784992/

This employer is pure scum.

There's surely an unfair dismissal claim that's easily winnable there? 

The line that "you are not allowed back as a customer" sums up how much of a prick the guy who wrote that is. 

12 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

NF?

Its constant with her.

Aye, couple of days ago was a belter, cant be assed digging it out but it was a thinly veiled "i might do something daft" 

Clearly wasn't getting enough sympathy. 

A pile of desperate men then scramble over themselves to get in a message of support. "i dont know you but im here to chat anytime you want" 

Yes divorced 55 year old man, im sure you are.