Coronavirus

Henry

From midnight tonight - isolation can be ended after 7 days as long as you have no fever and record two negative lateral flow tests two days in a row. That's for positive cases. 

For close contacts, and you are fully vaccinated, you won't be required to self isolate but you need to do a lateral flow test every day for 7 days. 

1 minute ago, The Buzzard said:

From midnight tonight - isolation can be ended after 7 days as long as you have no fever and record two negative lateral flow tests two days in a row. That's for positive cases. 

For close contacts, and you are fully vaccinated, you won't be required to self isolate but you need to do a lateral flow test every day for 7 days. 

Does fully vaccinated mean the booster as well ? 

2 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

It’s almost as if they’ve realised that folk are skiving off work because a family member has the virus. 
What a complete load of fucking shite.

6 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Does fully vaccinated mean the booster as well ? 

Yeah. 

No further restrictions being added abd with a view to deciding where we are at come 17 January. 

General sense I got was that they know they can't curtail omicron much more and it needs to be a case of definitely living with it now - she says it's unlikely to be the last variant. 

4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Here @The Buzzard say one of my family gets a positive PCR and is fucked with Covids does that mean I can still go to work so long as I do a LFT?

I think they are moving towards LFTs being  a definitive result now. Rather than getting a positive LFT then sending for a PCR to confirm you treat the LFT as gospel. Negative = crack on. Positive = isolate. 

2 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

I think they are moving towards LFTs being  a definitive result now. Rather than getting a positive LFT then sending for a PCR to confirm you treat the LFT as gospel. Negative = crack on. Positive = isolate. 

Which begs the question why did we need a PCR in the first place ? Cheers for the replies Buzz btw?

Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

I’ll tell you where this is going . ‘Do a lateral flow but if you have no symptoms ,crack on‘. This will result in no cunt doing any tests whatsoever. ?

I had 3 negative lateral flows before a positive PcR.  The next lateral flow was positive but the line was faint as fuck.

In conclusion the lateral flows are a waste of time, looks like they want to let the virus rip.  Herd immunity here we come......

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

I had 3 negative lateral flows before a positive PcR.  The next lateral flow was positive but the line was faint as fuck.

In conclusion the lateral flows are a waste of time, looks like they want to let the virus rip.  Herd immunity here we come......

Another boy in the bar having to self isolate after testing positive

I just laugh now it is total lunacy 

19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. Also see answer to Hanz above. 

Lowering the immune system of healthy people through increased exposure to cold temperatures will make them more susceptible to catching colds and funnily enough, covid itself. 

You don't catch the cold by being cold min. Likewise going outside with wet hair doesn't put you more at risk either.

Guest milne_afc
26 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

You don't catch the cold by being cold min. Likewise going outside with wet hair doesn't put you more at risk either.

What about wearing your big coat indoors? Does that detract from  its outdoor effectiveness?

6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

New variant identified in France, makes Omicron seem difficult to catch by comparison, allegedly. 

Just need one of these new variants to be as lethal as it is infectious and we can really get the party started. 

?

Been in Congo since September and isn't seen as a variant of concern