Coronavirus

Henry

9 hours ago, Poodler said:

This could be a good #hatdebate the day. 

is a disrespectful comment about a parent more disrespectful if the parent is dead or alive? 

I don’t think I’ve ever been offended by someone slagging a relative of mine but I suppose Hanz will say that’s because I’m too self absorbed or whatever it is.

I wouldn't describe you that way matey, but as usual it's all about you isn't it?

Guest milne_afc
11 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I've spoken to a few people now who have developed 'tennis elbow' after their booster.

Few people stabbing pain that feels like a stitch but in the chest (their description).

I'm passing. Sounds fucking weird.

Sounds fucking bent.

13 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I've spoken to a few people now who have developed 'tennis elbow' after their booster.

Few people stabbing pain that feels like a stitch but in the chest (their description).

I'm passing. Sounds fucking weird.

Aye a had it just before Christmas and have grew a tail and now have more arms than goro from mortal kombat, if a squeeze my eyes shut I can make electricity shoot from my body and open any door by pointing ma wee toe at it, marvellous 

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I'll play devils advocate here...

IF, IF footballers and fans have had the vaccine, do you believe that is playing a part in the many collapses that have been happening recently or what is your view on it?

These things are happening more regularly than normal.

Do you believe it's Covid related, or vaccine related or what's your take?

I think it's more likely to be COVID. This pandemic has been a ridiculous stress on everyone at some point, and that won't help either. Especially if they are predisposed to such conditions and don't take care of themselves. 

Footballers are being asked to play more games in shorter time frames than usual. 

Not to say that some people might not have had an adverse reaction to the vaccine, but to say it's directly linked to the vaccine and solely the vaccine, is a big old stretch. 

7 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Footballers have always played this amount of games is a theory that has been blown out the water. So not taking that point.

This is normal and has been normal since probably the millennium.

During a pandemic? 

17 minutes ago, Roberto said:

What difference does that make though. With Covid, same amount of games. Without Covid... same amount of games. That was the argument I was bringing to the table.

The games played is still exactly the same.

Anyways, was a wee devils advocate moment. Fitbas on.

The amount yes, in succession with cancellations etc, not so sure? 

What I do note is that every time there's a heart problem vaccine sceptics are quick to suggest it's the vaccine. 

Forgetting COVID is statistically more likely to cause you bother. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

What I do note is that every time there's a heart problem vaccine sceptics are quick to suggest it's the vaccine. 

Forgetting COVID is statistically more likely to cause you bother. 

True, but I'd imagine there have been more vaccines delivered than cases of covid (in rich countries), so a lower chance might still see a higher amount of bother. No amount of anecdotes about players having problems will prove anything though, we need to see a decent study or two. Or more realistically, someone smart summarising a decent study or two.

44 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I'll play devils advocate here...

IF, IF footballers and fans have had the vaccine, do you believe that is playing a part in the many collapses that have been happening recently or what is your view on it?

These things are happening more regularly than normal.

Do you believe it's Covid related, or vaccine related or what's your take?

People were talking about this years ago, long before Covid. 

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/aug/08/more-young-footballers-dying-of-heart-problems-than-thought-fa-study-finds

The only player that collapsed thats had his vaccine status confirmed (that I've seen) was that guy down south who said he hadn't been jagged. 

If people want to draw correlations between vaccine and heart problems in athletes, then they should do it properly and arm themselves with the facts. Blindly speculating doesn't help anyone. 

• Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

People were talking about this years ago, long before Covid. 

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/aug/08/more-young-footballers-dying-of-heart-problems-than-thought-fa-study-finds

The only player that collapsed thats had his vaccine status confirmed (that I've seen) was that guy down south who said he hadn't been jagged. 

If people want to draw correlations between vaccine and heart problems in athletes, then they should do it properly and arm themselves with the facts. Blindly speculating doesn't help anyone. 

Nice

14 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

True, but I'd imagine there have been more vaccines delivered than cases of covid (in rich countries), so a lower chance might still see a higher amount of bother. No amount of anecdotes about players having problems will prove anything though, we need to see a decent study or two. Or more realistically, someone smart summarising a decent study or two.

Agree

30 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I know many people who've had Covid, including my own daughter... totally fine. Couple days feeling shit.

Vaccine... well we don't know do we? Hence why I asked your opinion.

I'm sure now you know of people who've had Covid your age +/- 5 years. They've dealt with it well I imagine? Bet they moaned about problems from the vaccine more...

You surely ken the guy fae our school who died of covid aged 37 too? 

Very selective thoughts. There’s no point in taking sides when we don’t have any proper data from fucking anywhere. 

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

I do indeed. Dazzy spoke of him recently who was more pally with him than I. We spoke at length about it.

I was same class as his brother.

Second part I totally agree. I have changed many opinions on things recently.  The key to my operation on a forum was 'devils advocate'.

Devils advocate. There’s a scientific chance you’d love to suck my cock. 

Nae worries like I value the debate. 

17 minutes ago, Roberto said:

No one claims it didn't happen previously. What people claim is (And yes I believe massive coincidence) it seems to be happening more regularly.

That's how I read it anyways but as I say, I haven't looked that deep. Just what people without the vaccine (not anti vaxxers you'll notice... that term is poor) seem to say.

I get ye but that's nae my point, these are people taking old clips and blaming the vaccine for those players collapsing. 

Few things at play, covid brings on myocarditis in some as does the vaccine, this will be heightened in younger people, especially athletes, also an awful lot of footballers now and filled with supplements and they are pushed to their limits, it's mental to just blame the vaccine.  I also find it mental that folk who have spent almost 2 years saying hospitals and doctors use covid as an excuse for any death now blame the vaccines for anyone that has issues even when these folk have no idea if a person has been vaccinated.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I think it's more likely to be COVID. This pandemic has been a ridiculous stress on everyone at some point, and that won't help either. Especially if they are predisposed to such conditions and don't take care of themselves. 

Footballers are being asked to play more games in shorter time frames than usual. 

Not to say that some people might not have had an adverse reaction to the vaccine, but to say it's directly linked to the vaccine and solely the vaccine, is a big old stretch. 

Aye nae as if footballers are being regularly tested for covid 

The second bit in bold - LOL

14 minutes ago, NEM said:

Aye nae as if footballers are being regularly tested for covid 

The second bit in bold - LOL

1st bit- 

Yah. And some of them are getting COVID. 

Second part is relevant. When they came back in 2021 they were Wednesday Saturday for a good while, the elite players have more international matches to contend with. 

But also, crucially, do you have any evidence that more players are experiencing heart issues than before

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

1st bit- 

Yah. And some of them are getting COVID. 

Second part is relevant. When they came back in 2021 they were Wednesday Saturday for a good while, the elite players have more international matches to contend with. 

But also, crucially, do you have any evidence that more players are experiencing heart issues than before

Aye and they’re not allowed to play football until they test negative. 

No it isn’t - they aren’t playing any more games than they were before. The championship in England for example is practically Wednesday Saturday for the entire season and always has been.

Nah players and fans collapsing has always been a weekly occurrence….

What is incredibly frustrating is people coming away with anti vax stuff and then speaking to you like you're an idiot. With nothing to back it up. 

If there's a definitive study on the vaccine causing these footballers to drop, I'll hold my hands up. At the moment though it's just desperate speculation for people who believe what they want to believe. 

If folks don't want to get the vaccine, fair on. 

Don't come spouting shite like it's the reason for footballers having heart problems. 

Just now, NEM said:

No it isn’t - they aren’t playing any more games than they were before. The championship in England for example is practically Wednesday Saturday for the entire season and always has been.

Nah players and fans collapsing has always been a weekly occurrence….

Any evidence of the link? 

Or just speculative shite to back up your own opinion? 

I'll go with the latter. 

Interesting how you think people should respect your choice of not taking the vaccine, yet here you are spouting baseless shit to further make your point. 

That's not a way for people to respect your stance.