Coronavirus

Henry

17 minutes ago, Roberto said:

No one claims it didn't happen previously. What people claim is (And yes I believe massive coincidence) it seems to be happening more regularly.

That's how I read it anyways but as I say, I haven't looked that deep. Just what people without the vaccine (not anti vaxxers you'll notice... that term is poor) seem to say.

I get ye but that's nae my point, these are people taking old clips and blaming the vaccine for those players collapsing. 

Few things at play, covid brings on myocarditis in some as does the vaccine, this will be heightened in younger people, especially athletes, also an awful lot of footballers now and filled with supplements and they are pushed to their limits, it's mental to just blame the vaccine.  I also find it mental that folk who have spent almost 2 years saying hospitals and doctors use covid as an excuse for any death now blame the vaccines for anyone that has issues even when these folk have no idea if a person has been vaccinated.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I think it's more likely to be COVID. This pandemic has been a ridiculous stress on everyone at some point, and that won't help either. Especially if they are predisposed to such conditions and don't take care of themselves. 

Footballers are being asked to play more games in shorter time frames than usual. 

Not to say that some people might not have had an adverse reaction to the vaccine, but to say it's directly linked to the vaccine and solely the vaccine, is a big old stretch. 

Aye nae as if footballers are being regularly tested for covid 

The second bit in bold - LOL

14 minutes ago, NEM said:

Aye nae as if footballers are being regularly tested for covid 

The second bit in bold - LOL

1st bit- 

Yah. And some of them are getting COVID. 

Second part is relevant. When they came back in 2021 they were Wednesday Saturday for a good while, the elite players have more international matches to contend with. 

But also, crucially, do you have any evidence that more players are experiencing heart issues than before

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

1st bit- 

Yah. And some of them are getting COVID. 

Second part is relevant. When they came back in 2021 they were Wednesday Saturday for a good while, the elite players have more international matches to contend with. 

But also, crucially, do you have any evidence that more players are experiencing heart issues than before

Aye and they’re not allowed to play football until they test negative. 

No it isn’t - they aren’t playing any more games than they were before. The championship in England for example is practically Wednesday Saturday for the entire season and always has been.

Nah players and fans collapsing has always been a weekly occurrence….

What is incredibly frustrating is people coming away with anti vax stuff and then speaking to you like you're an idiot. With nothing to back it up. 

If there's a definitive study on the vaccine causing these footballers to drop, I'll hold my hands up. At the moment though it's just desperate speculation for people who believe what they want to believe. 

If folks don't want to get the vaccine, fair on. 

Don't come spouting shite like it's the reason for footballers having heart problems. 

Just now, NEM said:

No it isn’t - they aren’t playing any more games than they were before. The championship in England for example is practically Wednesday Saturday for the entire season and always has been.

Nah players and fans collapsing has always been a weekly occurrence….

Any evidence of the link? 

Or just speculative shite to back up your own opinion? 

I'll go with the latter. 

Interesting how you think people should respect your choice of not taking the vaccine, yet here you are spouting baseless shit to further make your point. 

That's not a way for people to respect your stance. 

44 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Marc-Vivien Foe died of heart issues while still playing, Antonio Puerta collapsed on the pitch and died, Fabrice Muambu collapsed on the pitch and very nearly died. 

All long before Covid and vaccines for it. 

Im sure there's unfortunately plenty more but that's just off the top of my head. 

It probably happens all over. We'd only hear of the relatively high profile ones before. Now, the media are extremely keen to report on every such instance, because that's what's probably getting attention. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Any evidence of the link? 

Or just speculative shite to back up your own opinion? 

I'll go with the latter. 

Interesting how you think people should respect your choice of not taking the vaccine, yet here you are spouting baseless shit to further make your point. 

That's not a way for people to respect your stance. 

What baseless shite is that then? 

You suffering from reading and comprehension problems again?

As if I give a fuck what posters on an internet message board think about “my stance” ?

Some folk take this place far too seriously. Sad 

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

What baseless shite is that then? 

You suffering from reading and comprehension problems again?

As if I give a fuck what posters on an internet message board think about “my stance” ?

Some folk take this place far too seriously. Sad 

You're clearly arguing against my points regarding players collapsing and the vaccines. 

You obviously think there's a link. 

Baseless. Shite. 

Yeah, I do get the impression you don't give a fuck what people think of your stance. Not like you ever mention it or make it clear. ?

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You're clearly arguing against my points regarding players collapsing and the vaccines. 

You obviously think there's a link. 

Baseless. Shite. 

Yeah, I do get the impression you don't give a fuck what people think of your stance. Not like you ever mention it or make it clear. ?

Quote me on the baseless shite please ?

8 minutes ago, NEM said:

Quote me on the baseless shite please ?

You're arguing against my assertion that it's not vaccine related. 

It's logical for me to conclude that you think they are. 

Which is baseless shite. 

Unless you're telling me, you don't think players are dropping because of the vaccines? 

Which then makes me wonder, why would you argue with anything I said at all? 

Just because you've not explicitly stated something doesn't mean I can't see where you're coming from.  

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It's logical for me to conclude that you think they are. 

Which is baseless shite. 

Unless you're telling me, you don't think players are dropping because of the vaccines? 

Which then makes me wonder, why would you argue with anything I said at all? 

Just because you've not explicitly stated something doesn't mean I can't see where you're coming from.  

Ah so you’re just making it up in your head then. 

21 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Too early to assert that imo. I think there's a decent chance it's contributed, but can't assert anything at the moment.

I recall when the Pfizer vaccine was being rolled out and there were initial reports of heart issues, well meaning people were too quick to rubbish it all.

1 minute ago, Ramandu said:

Too early to assert that imo. I think there's a decent chance it's contributed, but can't assert anything at the moment.

I recall when the Pfizer vaccine was being rolled out and there were initial reports of heart issues, well meaning people were too quick to rubbish it all.

Exactly. The fact it’s being flatly denied should raise alarm bells - it clearly warrants a proper investigation and open discussion.

But nah just ridicule anyone who dares to mention it ?

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, NEM said:

Exactly. The fact it’s being flatly denied should raise alarm bells - it clearly warrants a proper investigation and open discussion.

But nah just ridicule anyone who dares to mention it ?

Have a proper discussion then. Which vaccinated players have been having heart issues? How's does this number compare with non-vaccinated players currently, or players from 2015-2020? 

18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Have a proper discussion then. Which vaccinated players have been having heart issues? How's does this number compare with non-vaccinated players currently, or players from 2015-2020? 

No. Best to speculate in alignment with your predetermined view.