Coronavirus

Henry

13 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Whats causing it then, hardly ever happened pre covid

Well. There's two things here. You've hit on the second yourself. 

1. The risk of someone having Myocarditis is increased by having covid. Multiple studies show the risk (while still tiny) is far higher in those who've had covid that those who've the vaccine too. 

2.  Players especially have been having issues for a while now. https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/aug/08/more-young-footballers-dying-of-heart-problems-than-thought-fa-study-finds

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

So..., there's a correlation between the vaccine and heart attacks at football grounds or the vaccine and heart attacks in general?

Have the number of heart attacks increased recently? Are they disproportionately higher in vaccinated people? 

The first question especially would be easy to prove, I'd imagine. You'd think those making claims about the vaccine would be able to tell us this 

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

Have the number of heart attacks increased recently? Are they disproportionately higher in vaccinated people? 

The first question especially would be easy to prove, I'd imagine. You'd think those making claims about the vaccine would be able to tell us this 

As per, folk are mixed up with causation and correlation, like the myth that Ice cream can make you drown more than not having ice cream when swimming in the ocean, reality is more people drown at the seaside, where there’s a lot more ice cream parlours. It’s amazing how many years folk thought that!

7 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

As per, folk are mixed up with causation and correlation, like the myth that Ice cream can make you drown more than not having ice cream when swimming in the ocean, reality is more people drown at the seaside, where there’s a lot more ice cream parlours. It’s amazing how many years folk thought that!

Ah fantastic ??  that clears it up. 

• Haha 1
Just now, Eugenefani said:

Ah fantastic ??  that clears it up. 

Your welcome, easy to understand the analogy, folk saying heart attack seems up due to the vaccine have forgotten the actual virus itself produces myocardial problems, more so than the vaccine could

easy?

• Upvote 1

At the peak of covid, I know that in itu in Aberdeen they were cardioverting every night (shocking the patients back into sinus rhythm) as their hearts were doing funky shit

i hate to say it but the old covid does cause issues there, can’t solely blame Pfizer 

though I’d like too

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

Never heard that ice cream scenario in my life.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Poodler said:

At the peak of covid, I know that in itu in Aberdeen they were cardioverting every night (shocking the patients back into sinus rhythm) as their hearts were doing funky shit

i hate to say it but the old covid does cause issues there, can’t solely blame Pfizer 

though I’d like too

Probably coincided with switching on the 5G network. Higher levels of EMF.

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, Parklife said:

1. The risk of someone having Myocarditis is increased by having covid. Multiple studies show the risk (while still tiny) is far higher in those who've had covid that those who've the vaccine too. 

2.  Players especially have been having issues for a while now. https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/aug/08/more-young-footballers-dying-of-heart-problems-than-thought-fa-study-finds

"Myocarditis"

The fact you felt the need to say that other than a heart issue is proof right away that you knew your point had zero substance, so you felt yhe need to dress it up right away

On 1/29/2022 at 7:13 PM, jamiesd said:

another three medical emergencies at games today. It needs investigating.  Could it be linked to long covid or maybe climate change? Hope all are ok

It's funny that you mock the idea of it being long covid when clearly the virus can bring on issues that cause people to collapse.

On 1/29/2022 at 11:41 PM, Captain Caveman said:

Whats causing it then, hardly ever happened pre covid

That's not true, they did happen it's just that now games get stopped for them and news papers report them as they know it whips up a certain reaction.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's funny that you mock the idea of it being long covid when clearly the virus can bring on issues that cause people to collapse.

That's not true, they did happen it's just that now games get stopped for them and news papers report them as they know it whips up a certain reaction.

Mocking?  I just stated the fact it could be causing issues.  

On 1/30/2022 at 12:00 AM, Parklife said:

Appreciate your post, it's helpful. But it's possible that your first point is true, and also that the vaccines are having a non negligible effect on heart problems.

There have been about 16m cases of covid in the UK so far, and around 140m doses of the vaccine given. For the two to cause an equal number of myocarditis, covid would have to be x10 more likely to cause it. 

Maybe it is, but I don't know that that's settled yet.

2 hours ago, Ramandu said:

There have been about 16m cases of covid in the UK so far, and around 140m doses of the vaccine given. For the two to cause an equal number of myocarditis, covid would have to be x10 more likely to cause it. 

The difference being we pretty much know exactly how many doses of the vaccine has been given. Where as we think 16M cases of covid, probably been a lot more. Also need to know the before and after number of heart attacks, take into account more people have had the vaccine so more of them will have a heart attack regardless if there is any cause from covid or the vaccine. 

26 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

The difference being we pretty much know exactly how many doses of the vaccine has been given. Where as we think 16M cases of covid, probably been a lot more. Also need to know the before and after number of heart attacks, take into account more people have had the vaccine so more of them will have a heart attack regardless if there is any cause from covid or the vaccine. 

I think we're agreeing- we don't know, and more work needs done.