Coronavirus

Henry

6 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Keeping the regulation for wearing of face masks on public transport and certain indoor settings in place due to the recent jump in cases. Hoping to scrap it to only being guidance by early April. 
Requirement to take contact details is still coming to an end as of Monday though. 

They just can't let it go. Holding on to every last crumb of power.

• Upvote 5

BBC Jockmedia sez :

Medics say the good news is that high vaccination rates and better treatments mean the vast majority do not become critically ill - yet the pressure on our hospitals is greater than ever.

If there are effective treatments, then the EUA emergency use authorisation for these experimental unlicensed covid vaccines is now invalid under the legislation and should be withdrawn.

Utterly sick of this charade, and to be honest quite depressed. 

This endless drip, drip, drip of 'just in case' restrictions plays with your sanity. 

We're effectively the only country in western Europe that is continuing with facemasks, and the scientific reasoning behind continuing with restrictions was blown out of the water months ago. 

I believed that up until Christmas Sturgeon was playing a political game to be different from Westminster, but now I'm convinced it's gone beyond that.....I'm convinced she's paralysed by fear. Fear of 'what if...'. Fear of letting go of control. Fear of allowing people to make their own decisions. 

It seems that the only people that have her ear are the medical 'experts' who will ALWAYS err on the side of extreme caution. 

If she refuses to let go of restrictions now, then we'll have them forever. There'll be a temporary loosening come May, but in October when cases start to rise again it's 100% guaranteed that we'll be back to facemasks, covid passports, social distancing and restricted numbers in pubs and sports events. 

As I said, very depressing. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
42 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

I'm convinced she's paralysed by fear. Fear of 'what if...'. Fear of letting go of control. Fear of allowing people to make their own decisions. 

Its about control of the narrative.

Distract people with LGBTQ+ gender bender biz, official pardons for 16th century witch trials, we stand with Ukraine, etc etc etc

Anything to distract from their various unfulfilled manifesto pledges, and long forgotten independence referendum.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

This endless drip, drip, drip of 'just in case' restrictions plays with your sanity. 

We're effectively the only country in western Europe that is continuing with facemasks, and the scientific reasoning behind continuing with restrictions was blown out of the water months ago. 

I believed that up until Christmas Sturgeon was playing a political game to be different from Westminster, but now I'm convinced it's gone beyond that.....I'm convinced she's paralysed by fear. Fear of 'what if...'. Fear of letting go of control. Fear of allowing people to make their own decisions. 

It seems that the only people that have her ear are the medical 'experts' who will ALWAYS err on the side of extreme caution. 

If she refuses to let go of restrictions now, then we'll have them forever. There'll be a temporary loosening come May, but in October when cases start to rise again it's 100% guaranteed that we'll be back to facemasks, covid passports, social distancing and restricted numbers in pubs and sports events. 

There must be a fine line between your sanity and otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

It's "100% guaranteed" that we'll have things we don't have now? Despite a weaker dominant variant, high level community immunity, effective vaccines & ever-developing treatments. 

In the main, the only "restriction" we have is wearing a face-covering indoors. If you don't want to do that, then don't, no one is really giving a fuck now. 

No point getting depressed now. We're passed the depressing Covid stuff. 

We've just got the depression of everything costing a fucking fortune now. 

2 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Yep, it’s all complete bullshit and now the blue letters are going out to jab our 5-11 year olds. They can fuck off with that as well ?

14 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

Yep, it’s all complete bullshit and now the blue letters are going out to jab our 5-11 year olds. They can fuck off with that as well ?

Got it through today for my oldest 

Straight in the bin.

She can decide when she's older.

The folks that have been calling Nicola a “wee dictator” must be feeling a bit sheepish now.

Looking across the continent at what a real dictator can do, suppressing democracy in his country while bringing death and destruction to mostly civilian neighbours.

What does the “power mad” Government in Scotland do? Make it a requirement for folk to wear a mask on a bus or in a shoppy. ?

FWIW I think it’s a pile of shite and not a very good control at this stage - but most folks who don’t care don’t wear it. But yeah, your civil liberties…

• Upvote 2
52 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

The folks that have been calling Nicola a “wee dictator” must be feeling a bit sheepish now.

Looking across the continent at what a real dictator can do, suppressing democracy in his country while bringing death and destruction to mostly civilian neighbours.

What does the “power mad” Government in Scotland do? Make it a requirement for folk to wear a mask on a bus or in a shoppy. ?

FWIW I think it’s a pile of shite and not a very good control at this stage - but most folks who don’t care don’t wear it. But yeah, your civil liberties…

Yes, thankfully she has no real power, hence the ‘wee’ dictator 

3 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Aye, really depressing thought having to wear a mask to go to the bog in a boozer

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's "100% guaranteed" that we'll have things we don't have now? Despite a weaker dominant variant, high level community immunity, effective vaccines & ever-developing treatments. 

In the main, the only "restriction" we have is wearing a face-covering indoors.  

It's not as black and white as that. What I find most worrying is her willingness to keep/re-introduce restrictions at the drop of a hat. 

A long, long time ago we were told that restrictions (and I include the legal obligation to wear a facemask as a restriction) would be the last resort and only introduced if absolutely necessary. Not so long ago we were told that it was agreed that we have to live with the virus. 

Both of these statements have turned out to be lies. An increase in cases...because of some damn 'different variant'....and she shits the bed immediately. So while the rest of the UK and most of Europe are 'living with the virus', Scotland is still under a legal obligation to wear masks. 

When we get through the summer and cases increase again in October, what do you think her first reaction will be ? At the drop of a hat, some form of restrictions will be brought in (undoubtedly attacking booze and fitba). 

I fucking detest the Tories, but they've got this right. The SNP have got it so, so, so wrong. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 10
2 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Just getting my frustrations out on the interweb bud. That's all. 

Not looking for confrontation or interaction with anyone or a semantic disection of my post. 

I'll stop now. 

Don't worry he loves to pick up on some throw away comment, he'll now use this in every post you make going forward to try and make you look stupid and discredit everything you write cos its not in line with his thoughts. Its old Parko way's of trying to feel superior. 

In other words, ignore the cunt and keep posting fella.

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Quagmire said:

Don't worry he loves to pick up on some throw away comment, he'll now use this in every post you make going forward to try and make you look stupid and discredit everything you write cos its not in line with his thoughts. Its old Parko way's of trying to feel superior. 

In other words, ignore the cunt and keep posting fella.

Folk get pulled up for talking shite. Whether that be me, you, him or any cunt. Hee haw to do with "feeling superior" and everything to do with the content of what folk say. 

57 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Folk get pulled up for talking shite. Whether that be me, you, him or any cunt. Hee haw to do with "feeling superior" and everything to do with the content of what folk say. 

He's not "talking shite" though Parky he's making fair points. The face mask thing is ridiculous and always has been but she's clinging to it.

36 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

He's not "talking shite" though Parky he's making fair points. The face mask thing is ridiculous and always has been but she's clinging to it.

He claimed

" it's 100% guaranteed that we'll be back to facemasks, covid passports, social distancing and restricted numbers in pubs and sports events". 

Nonsense. 

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He claimed

" it's 100% guaranteed that we'll be back to facemasks, covid passports, social distancing and restricted numbers in pubs and sports events". 

Nonsense. 

So if cases rise again you don't think these things will happen? Or are you just doing what Quagmire says and jumping on the "100% guaranteed" part?