Coronavirus

Henry

15 hours ago, Just Dandy said:

Aye VITT is real, and potentially life threatening - but the numbers affected by it are vanishingly small, in relation to the 12.1 billion COVID shots given to date.

What the conspiracy theories fail to mention is you're considerably more likely to suffer a thrombosis if you're unvaccinated - due to the greatly increased chance of contracting symptomatic COVID, and the fact that COVID itself is a significant cause of thrombosis.

What I'm trying to say is, refusing a COVID jab because you're worried about thrombosis is a bit like refusing an umbrella in a thunderstorm because it might make you wet when you open it.

Lovely stuff. 

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

The pictures of positive tests are making a comeback on socials i see.

It's over, why are you bloody testing ?

You're a week or two behind the times min.

I do a monthly survey of live music, and as of this month coming things are shutting down again. Commercial venues, university programmes, even cathedrals.

They're not just doing that for a laugh. Despite the Tories' naethin-to-see-here propaganda, we are hitting another wave. And anyone who thinks the dominant strain is gonna continue to be relatively innocous forever is kidding themselves...

18 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

I do a monthly survey of live music, and as of this month coming things are shutting down again. Commercial venues, university programmes, even cathedrals.

They're not just doing that for a laugh. Despite the Tories' naethin-to-see-here propaganda, we are hitting another wave. And anyone who thinks the dominant strain is gonna continue to be relatively innocous forever is kidding themselves...

Great.

19 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

The usual suspects still won't take it seriously though and will moan like fuck about being asked to help protect themselves and others.

29 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

It's over.

30 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

Can you explain why it's such a certainty that a more pathogenic strain will become dominant? I don't see any evidence to support that claim, quite the opposite when you look at the history of viral outbreaks.

54 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANIC

37 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

As clueless about covid as you are about your ITK signings ?

I think some people prefer living with all the restrictions in place so they don't need to do too much thinking for themselves. Do as your told. Its a safe environment for them. Fuckin weird if you ask me but takes all sorts. 

1 minute ago, Quagmire said:

I think some people prefer living with all the restrictions in place so they don't need to do too much thinking for themselves. Do as your told. Its a safe environment for them. Fuckin weird if you ask me but takes all sorts. 

Nobody wants to live with restrictions. Its not about 'doing as your told' its about having common sense and empathy for those that are more at risk. Fucking weird that some people still don't get that.