Jump to content
Henry

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

What's the symptoms cave monster?

Runny nose, dry throat, sore head at times

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/2/2022 at 12:00 PM, Zeus said:

Know a fair few currently isolating due to catching the deadly omicron.

They are all moaning about having to sit at home bored with at worst a sare heid.  Surely should be allowed out a walk?

Strangely seems to have completely evaded this household despite being in contact with a few

 

 

On 1/2/2022 at 12:12 PM, Studebaker-90 said:

Wouldn’t bother with it, waste of time. Their restrictions should be treated with nothing but contempt. If you are too scared to go for a walk because you’re told not too then I’m afraid you’re beyond help. 

The Mrs tested positive yesterday with an LFT, but I was negative, but feel like I have a cold coming on. Awaiting PCR results. 

Fuck staying indoors. I've a dog to walk and shit to get done. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

 

I've a dog to walk and shit to get done. 

Your mutt was just thinking the exact same thing.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Your mutt was just thinking the exact same thing.

😂

Results just in.

Both me and the wife are positive.

If this is omicron then it's a piece of piss. Just like a cold.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

😂

Results just in.

Both me and the wife are positive.

If this is omicron then it's a piece of piss. Just like a cold.

Thoughts and prayers.

Share this post


Link to post

Govt/s lost control over here with the omicron. Fucking shambles. So what's new?

Urging people to get tested/ don't get tested/get the booster after 6 months, no 5, no 4, maybe 3...and on it goes. Whatever.

Share this post


Link to post

Are you Omicron boys coughing up lung butter? I've got a serious cough bringing up some pretty heavy shit.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Are you Omicron boys coughing up lung butter? I've got a serious cough bringing up some pretty heavy shit.

Not so far. My nose is barely blocked, but feel a bit chesty, but no phlegm. 

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Are you Omicron boys coughing up lung butter? I've got a serious cough bringing up some pretty heavy shit.

I did up until yesterday 

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm, looked online, mostly saying a dry cough rather than phlegm. Might be old fashioned covid or something less serious like lung cancer.

Share this post


Link to post

How accurate are those LFTs?

Was blocked up, coughing, dull sare heid for 3-4 days last week that painkillers didn't out away.  Did 2 that were negative.

Kind of hope it was covid  just to get it out of way and was no worse than a cold/cough

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Zeus said:

How accurate are those LFTs?

Was blocked up, coughing, dull sare heid for 3-4 days last week that painkillers didn't out away.  Did 2 that were negative.

Kind of hope it was covid  just to get it out of way and was no worse than a cold/cough

 

 

 

I was full of the cold, choked up, sore head and cabined up at work for two days. Had to take 4 pcrs around that time and was always negative. Cold/flu still happens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Aye exactly.

Was probably worse than covid to be fair

3 folk I've been in direct contact with have it just now.  Fuck all wrong with them  

Edited by Zeus

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Are you Omicron boys coughing up lung butter? I've got a serious cough bringing up some pretty heavy shit.

You could grout yir bathroom with the stuff im producing out my chest and nose. Got the booster last week, had a massive hangover the day i got it and have been pretty fucked since. Been doing (negative) LFT’s most days. Smell and taste has gone but putting it down to heavy cold. 
Back to work imorn, praying for covid.

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Zeus said:

How accurate are those LFTs?

Was blocked up, coughing, dull sare heid for 3-4 days last week that painkillers didn't out away.  Did 2 that were negative.

Kind of hope it was covid  just to get it out of way and was no worse than a cold/cough

 

 

 

I’ve got it just now as well. First few lateral flows were negative, PCR came back positive then lateral flow showed faint positive line. They seem to take a bit longer to pick it up 🙈

Share this post


Link to post

The Scottish man has been coughing up greeners in the colder seasons since time began. 

Start the day with a huge hack down the sink and get right into business. 

Coffee, youtube, breakfast. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hope you all are feeling ok.

seems a lot more rife at the moment with varying degrees of severity.

Restrictions is getting hugely depressing though

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

The Scottish man has been coughing up greeners in the colder seasons since time began. 

Start the day with a huge hack down the sink and get right into business. 

Coffee, youtube, breakfast. 

I like this 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Zeus said:

How accurate are those LFTs?

Was blocked up, coughing, dull sare heid for 3-4 days last week that painkillers didn't out away.  Did 2 that were negative.

Kind of hope it was covid  just to get it out of way and was no worse than a cold/cough

 

 

 

@parky 😉

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

The Scottish man has been coughing up greeners in the colder seasons since time began. 

Start the day with a huge hack down the sink and get right into business. 

Coffee, youtube, breakfast. 

Big gochle oot the van window and I'm ready for the day.

Get a lot of funny looks when you cough nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Greeners is a bacterial infection is it not?   Or the common cold (which is viral).   Fuck knows. Probs not Covids though. 

Edited by Sooper-hanz

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, NEM said:

I’ve got it just now as well. First few lateral flows were negative, PCR came back positive then lateral flow showed faint positive line. They seem to take a bit longer to pick it up 🙈

Nae doing another one.

Terrible for the planet.

Cough etc all gone now 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

@parky 😉

Just for clarity, what I inferred from your initial post (perhaps wrongly) was that you believed the increase in LFT's being done was due to huge swathes of people all hoping to get a positive test so that they could skive off work. I don't believe that is the case. 

Unfortunately I wasn't clear in my reply. There will be some people who'd happily have symptomless Covid and get paid time off work. In no way do I think this explains a big upsurge in LFT's being done over the festive period though. 

Poor communication previously. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Greeners is a bacterial infection is it not?   Or the common cold (which is viral).   Fuck knows. Probs not Covids though. 

I reckon the common cold flags up positive with these tests also 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Just for clarity, what I inferred from your initial post (perhaps wrongly) was that you believed the increase in LFT's being done was due to huge swathes of people all hoping to get a positive test so that they could skive off work. I don't believe that is the case. 

Unfortunately I wasn't clear in my reply. There will be some people who'd happily have symptomless Covid and get paid time off work. In no way do I think this explains a big upsurge in LFT's being done over the festive period though. 

Poor communication previously. 

Just going by my own experiences over the past couple of weeks Parko. Multiply that by the general populas and that to me explains the huge rise in LF tests.It's obvious to me what is happening. Also see the chaps of this forum that have been happy to see those two wee bars appear. 

Edited by Sooper-hanz

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Just going by my own experiences over the past couple of weeks Parko. Multiply that by the general populas and that to me explains the huge rise in LF tests.It's obvious to me what is happening. Also see the chaps of this forum that have been happy to see those two wee bars appear. 

I don't doubt that some people would happily have mild/symptomless Covid to let them skive off. 

Id say a rise in LFT's being carried out over Christmas is due to folk doing them prior to mixing with more vulnerable family members. 

Pointless argument though as we can never prove it one way or another. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

I reckon the common cold flags up positive with these tests also 

Feeling a bit sniffly so I did a test this morning. It came up negative. Bastard. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...