Coronavirus

Henry

8 hours ago, Poodler said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-66319065

Holy shit! 

Surely that means we’re all going to not be fully vaccinated now! We’re all granny killers! 

What are all you pro-covid- vaccine peeps going to do now that you’ve essentially become what you’ve hated for two years 

Your little brains must be in turmoil 

Lockdown harder, faster, for longer.

Of course the Scottish Government can choose to go a different path than England if they so please.

13 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Continue to follow what the science says. 

"The Science:clangers2:

I initially listened to the science and going by the scientific data, Covid wasn't really a concern to a relatively young and fit person such as myself. Now, some people may have been emotionally coerced into taking the vax to prevent them 'killing granny' as the media / government loved to guilt-trip us with, but when the vaxxine was first released they said they weren't sure of 2 things; How how long it's efficacy would last and whether or not it stopped transmission. So in theory we could be getting jabbed every few months with no info on whether it would even save granny (despite granny also being vaxxed).

No fu*king way I was going to let the state inject me with god knows what, every few months for the sake of a cold. So I held off, thinking if more info came out about 'the science' I could always get it later.

It has since come out Pfizer admitted they didn't even test to see if transmission was prevented, so not only was The Science all over the place but they (Pfizer, the media and governments) were blatantly lying to us. You have to ask yourself why the authorities and media would all lie to the public over such an important health issue? It wasn't science it was propaganda.

Of course that was a long time ago and I have since come to the opinion that Covid doesn't even exist as a novel virus. Some soup factory worker on twitter told me that... :checkit:

• Upvote 2
9 hours ago, Poodler said:

Think you’ve over simplified it there bro. Whether you like it or not, who pays for that science is a massive factor on influencing the outcomes. 

for example, The FDA are massively funded by Pfizer. You must accept that’s a conflict of interest for the results they produce. I accept their scientific processes may be accurate but they’re not independent. So therefore, they’re essentially just a mouthpiece for what Pfizer want and as a result it’s a folly to believe in it.

it is also in big pharma interests to discredit anyone who dares to suggest the above as an elevation of ignorance. How dare you even question us, you stupid fool!

you know it’s true keltoid. They played us. 

Well, not really. 

Science is the thing that has raised us from the level of the beast in the field and the Hun in Govan. It wasn't religious texts that gave us Space Stations, and it wasn't random goat-herders that explained atmospheric conditions causing thunder and lightning. 

Everything tangible that makes the modern world around us was created by Billies with Bunsen Burners. 

We already understand how viruses work, that's not some arcane knowledge. We already know how to mitigate the spread of viruses, and it's not prayer or soup that combats them. 

When we look to plot a path forward we can follow the scientific method that has worked for centuries, or we can listen to Bible Bob at the soup factory who reads Dark Web conspiracy sites (brought to him by science), the guy who necks horse meds and wears a tinfoil hat to stop the government controlling his mind. 

spacer.png

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Well, not really. 

Science is the thing that has raised us from the level of the beast in the field and the Hun in Govan. It wasn't religious texts that gave us Space Stations, and it wasn't random goat-herders that explained atmospheric conditions causing thunder and lightning. 

Everything tangible that makes the modern world around us was created by Billies with Bunsen Burners. 

We already understand how viruses work, that's not some arcane knowledge. We already know how to mitigate the spread of viruses, and it's not prayer or soup that combats them. 

When we look to plot a path forward we can follow the scientific method that has worked for centuries, or we can listen to Bible Bob at the soup factory who reads Dark Web conspiracy sites (brought to him by science), the guy who necks horse meds and wears a tinfoil hat to stop the government controlling his mind. 

spacer.png

Aye, but when you have a cold some home made chicken n broth soup works wonders, gets you back on yer feet in no time - lot to be said about the healing powers of soup

1 hour ago, tutankamun said:

1. "The Science:clangers2:

2. I initially listened to the science and going by the scientific data, Covid wasn't really a concern to a relatively young and fit person such as myself. Now, some people may have been emotionally coerced into taking the vax to prevent them 'killing granny' as the media / government loved to guilt-trip us with, but when the vaxxine was first released they said they weren't sure of 2 things; How how long it's efficacy would last and whether or not it stopped transmission. So in theory we could be getting jabbed every few months with no info on whether it would even save granny (despite granny also being vaxxed).

3. No fu*king way I was going to let the state inject me with god knows what, every few months for the sake of a cold. So I held off, thinking if more info came out about 'the science' I could always get it later.

4. It has since come out Pfizer admitted they didn't even test to see if transmission was prevented, so not only was The Science all over the place but they (Pfizer, the media and governments) were blatantly lying to us. You have to ask yourself why the authorities and media would all lie to the public over such an important health issue? It wasn't science it was propaganda.

5. Of course that was a long time ago and I have since come to the opinion that Covid doesn't even exist as a novel virus. Some soup factory worker on twitter told me that... :checkit:

1. A facepalm after science just saddens me, tbh. 

2. Understandable given the lack of previous mass use as a benchmark. 

3. If the state wanted to kill you they'd kill you, and there's plenty ways to do that that don't involve voluntary innoculation. 

4. See 2.

5. Have any scientists at all came out and said Covid doesn't exist? I mean the planet is full of folk in white lab coats who own microscopes. You'd think they'd be able to tell if it didn't exist and break ranks... unless... unless they're ALL in on it? 

spacer.png

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, tutankamun said:

It wasn’t a facepalm after science, it was a facepalm after ‘The Science’.

As in, ‘The Science’ which must never be questioned.

It's fine to question the science, but less so to give equal credence to opinion or superstition that has a basis in "I reckon" rather than research with repeatable, verifiable results. 

Whilst keltoid's got some good points (aside from his cheap jibes at religion obv), people saying "trust the science" is a big cringe.

I love science, and think that randomised controlled trials are one of the greatest inventions in the history of mankind. But when people say "trust the science" they're often:

• Trying to gazump you in a discussion which is wider than the pure scientific issue
  • Taking one study as the final word (beware the person of one study)
  • Don't really understand science and think of it as a magic wizard
  • Think that social science is real science (hello replication crisis)

Not saying you're doing any of those things @Ke1t, just that these alarm bells will not just be ringing for me.

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

It's fine to question the science, but less so to give equal credence to opinion or superstition that has a basis in "I reckon" rather than research with repeatable, verifiable results. 

Many scientists questioned the Covid science but they were immediately discredited and shut down. Only the shills on the government payroll were allowed to continually spout their lies (proven lies).

I was called a flat-Earther by a mate when I told him I wasn’t taking the vax. Which is a little ironic since many years ago ‘The Science’ told us the Earth WAS flat.

Also see ‘The Climate Science’ and ‘The Men Can Be Women Science’.

• Upvote 4
4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

If the state wanted to kill you they'd kill you, and there's plenty ways to do that that don't involve voluntary innoculation. 

Interested in your thoughts on this Ke1t. If you were the despotic king of the world, how would you go about reducing the population?

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, tutankamun said:

Interested in your thoughts on this Ke1t. If you were the despotic king of the world, how would you go about reducing the population?

There's straightforward genocide by death camp... always a favorite. 

Germans 'othered' the Jews, and murdered them by the millions with ne'ry a murmer from the general population. 

Stalin murdered millions in camps that the population was assured was for 'enemies of the state'. 

If you wanted to go down the virus route then what was stopping 'them' from releasing a far more harmful virus than Covid? You cut out the need to innoculate if you just release some kind of Ebola-spliced flu. Certainly far more efficient than releasing a mild virus then trying to persuade the population to voluntarily take a shot for it.  The people you want to get rid of will be exactly the people who don't take your murder-vaccine, those who are suspicious of everything the government does. 

You could go down the route of making it illegal to have more than one kid, like the Chineses did.

War's always good for thinning the population a bit.