Coronavirus

Henry

40 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

“Sajid Javid, the health secretary, opened the debate by attempting to press on his own MPs the “grave threat” of Omicron. The new strain, he said, could “overwhelm the NHS” and mean that child victims of car crashes are left untreated

:wtf::dontknow:

Underfund NHS

Claim it can't deal with the load 

Sneak in private companies 

Eventually offer a seemingly cheap private alternative 

Line you and your mates pockets 

Repeat with all other public services 

I don't mind boozers becoming table service. I really dislike standing at a busy bar trying to make eye contact with some stressed out person getting shouted at. 

Just bring it to the bloody table so I dinna have to get up. Lovely. 

7 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

There should be a better system in place for when you're standing at a bar that rewards first come first served. Trying to catch someones eye is a pain in the arse and fucking boils my blood if some cunt who hasn't been waiting as long gets served before me.  Always pissed me off that. Has started a good few fights as well. 

I don't get too angry about it, it's one of those things that's just any man for himself. It's frustrating more than anything. A proper cunt if you're in a busy pub though and you're stood for like 15-20 mins with no orderly queue. 

The better way IMO, is just do table service everywhere from now on. 

The stand at the bar guys are usually regulars anyway so probs get their orders fairly pronto. 

10 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Stand at the bar all day but on a Fri/ Sat night that’s just a hassle, if the place is busy. 

Club T’s tiny bars in the 80’s bit is always a fucking nightmare for a drink 

Go through to the 90's bit, easily served a bottle of hooch and have a sing along to She's Electric at the same time. 

16 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I thought you got an appointment through the post so how can there be a rush?

You book appointments online. Think it's being done in sequence with the priority groups as per previous vaccines. 

My dad (one of the first priority groups) certainly got his about 6 weeks ago. My mum about 3-4 weeks ago. 

Im not sure how cancer patients are being pushed to the back of the queue tbh. Perhaps NEM can elaborate. 

You can walk in without an appointment. 

Would have thought that obvious tbh.  They're targeting 1 million booster shots per day, who do you think's administering them?  Santa and his elves?

Already a huge NHS backlog created by the response to Covid which will only be made worse by the latest over reaction.

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You book appointments online. Think it's being done in sequence with the priority groups as per previous vaccines. 

My dad (one of the first priority groups) certainly got his about 6 weeks ago. My mum about 3-4 weeks ago. 

Im not sure how cancer patients are being pushed to the back of the queue tbh. Perhaps NEM can elaborate. 

My old dear defo got her through the post.

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

I thought you got an appointment through the post so how can there be a rush?

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Nah you can turn up and get one.  Long queues the past couple of days apparently

It was appointments through the post for those in certain categories. Letters then sent to encourage people to book appointments for jabs. The mrs couldn't get one for a good couple of weeks. Then suddenly it was 'we'll get everyone done by new year' ?

1 hour ago, NEM said:

You can walk in without an appointment. 

Would have thought that obvious tbh.  They're targeting 1 million booster shots per day, who do you think's administering them?  Santa and his elves?

Already a huge NHS backlog created by the response to Covid which will only be made worse by the latest over reaction.

My mates mrs tried that when he was getting his jab at the weekend. Turned away at the door as no appointment. 

there was no queue and there was loads of staff on administering 

5 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

My mates mrs tried that when he was getting his jab at the weekend. Turned away at the door as no appointment. 

there was no queue and there was loads of staff on administering 

NHS website says you can walk up.  Couple of folk at my work did just that yesterday

12 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

“Sajid Javid, the health secretary, opened the debate by attempting to press on his own MPs the “grave threat” of Omicron. The new strain, he said, could “overwhelm the NHS” and mean that child victims of car crashes are left untreated

:wtf::dontknow:

A pretty outrageous claim to make, designed purely to increase the fear amongst the easily manipulated. Its a brazen attempt to emotionally blackmail the public. By their own admission, not enough is known about this variant to say how severe or otherwise it'll be. It may well be more transmissible, but we now have the absurd situation (again) where the triple jabbed have to isolate if a close contact tests positive (until tests prove your are not a leper and are free to return to society). Services will no doubt ground to a halt as otherwise healthy people sit at home whilst businesses become short-staffed again.

7 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Got my booster on Sunday just past in Airyhall.

Booked online over a week before the appointment, was plenty slots available then. That was before the government started pishing the bed though.

I booked mines last night for this Friday AM. 

Fuck knows how busy it'll be when I go though.