Coronavirus

Henry

11 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Absolute cowardice. The rhetoric they are coming out with just now is crippling for businesses. We won’t insist that you shut or assist financially, but we will do our best to scare the population in to boycotting you. You’re right, the fubar loyal will take great delight in shaming those who choose not to follow advice. 

Everywhere will probably have to shut due to staff shortages soon enough anyway. 

32 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Absolute cowardice. The rhetoric they are coming out with just now is crippling for businesses. We won’t insist that you shut or assist financially, but we will do our best to scare the population in to boycotting you. You’re right, the fubar loyal will take great delight in shaming those who choose not to follow advice. 

It's even worse than March 2019 imo. They are repeating all the same mistakes. I'd rather they just lockdown now than wait because we all know it's coming anyway.

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's even worse than March 2019 imo. They are repeating all the same mistakes. I'd rather they just lockdown now than wait because we all know it's coming anyway.

They’ll only lockdown if the hospital admissions get to a level that risks crippling the NHS. That would mean reinstating furlough etc and can’t see them wanting to do that unless absolutely necessary. Guy on the bbc made the point that the benefits of lockdown are far reduced this time around due to most already being vaccinated and a lot having had the booster. 

27 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Due to exponential growth of a more contagious form of the virus. Isolation rules wouldn't make the blindest bit of difference if the virus wasn't multiplying exponentially. 

The growth of a scratchy throat and mild headache. We’re doomed!

5 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

They’ll only lockdown if the hospital admissions get to a level that risks crippling the NHS. That would mean reinstating furlough etc and can’t see them wanting to do that unless absolutely necessary. Guy on the bbc made the point that the benefits of lockdown are far reduced this time around due to most already being vaccinated and a lot having had the booster. 

Hope so but they need to help people whatever they choose to do.

7 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

He wasn't "kept out" he ran a joke of a campaign the second time.

Had a terrible Brexit strategy, one he had to acquiesce to to appease the likes of SKS, who was Brexit secretary. 

Other than that there were nonsense articles ran about him daily, the MSM proper lost their shit. 

The attempted blaming of football fans is a lol. 

Literally been told for 2 years outside transmission is virtually impossible. 

What the fuck is true with all this? 

"Pick your social interactions" but you'll be expected to go to to work 40 hours a week in pretty close contact with folk... 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The attempted blaming of football fans is a lol. 

Literally been told for 2 years outside transmission is virtually impossible. 

What the fuck is true with all this? 

"Pick your social interactions" but you'll be expected to go to to work 40 hours a week in pretty close contact with folk... 

1. Outside transmission is not impossible but less likely due to more rapid dispersal of covid particles. Crowds at football games consist of more than just the stadium. - Pubs, trains, buses etc.

2.Work is essential. Social interraction strictly speaking isnt.

Happy to help. ?

6 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

1. Outside transmission is not impossible but less likely due to more rapid dispersal of covid particles. Crowds at football games consist of more than just the stadium. - Pubs, trains, buses etc.

2.Work is essential. Social interraction strictly speaking isnt.

Happy to help. ?

How are folk getting to work like? 

How is work essential if it could, theoretically, risk your life, or someone else's?

Is anything essential beyond that? 

I'd argue human social interaction out-with work is as essential as working itself. All work and no fun can cause a litany of other problems. 

I'm in no way sceptical of COVID, I'm sceptical of the handling and mismanagement. The hypocrisy and the things that don't make any logical sense. 

Reed or deed is way too far to one side, where as jamiesd is way way too far the other. 

18 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Here TC, this is bugging me. I’ve been key working since all this shit started, mixed with thousands of folk, been to pubs, football, couple of gigs , trains , London Underground one flight but I’ve not had so much as a cold. 
Have I just been lucky ? I know tons of folk that have had it btw but not one person in my household has. 
Appreciate your thoughts.

Same. Haven’t had it once and don’t know anybody in my immediate family that has. Strong genes maybe. 

21 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Here TC, this is bugging me. I’ve been key working since all this shit started, mixed with thousands of folk, been to pubs, football, couple of gigs , trains , London Underground one flight but I’ve not had so much as a cold. 
Have I just been lucky ? I know tons of folk that have had it btw but not one person in my household has

Bet you've said that to 50+ people during Covid. 

24 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I'm in no way sceptical of COVID, I'm sceptical of the handling and mismanagement. The hypocrisy and the things that don't make any logical sense. 

Reed or deed is way too far to one side, where as jamiesd is way way too far the other. 

I've been a shambles from the start. A huge over reaction.

29 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

This subject is close to me, in between days working through a forest of info there is many a strange day. We don’t want to close down and need a different play for today and beyond.

in Science they say all cats are grey and in 100 years the whole world could be in the same deep water as you.

my wife Charlotte sometimes tells me that boys dont cry and and i say she can burn.

Covid has many people walking down fascination street but will you be so interested at 10.15 on Saturday night 

Top 3 worst bits of banter on this hellish forum