Coronavirus

Henry

8 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He just said, NEM min. 

Look into the police, crime and sentencing bill. The recent immigration act has taken a lot of rights from folk as well. 

There are worse things they are doing to ordinary folk than Covid restrictions, if anything the restrictions and the debate around them provide a useful distraction to the draconian, backwards laws they've passed in the last few years. 

Only thing I can see wrong with that is the restriction to protest which I'd argue they are bringing in to prevent protests against their bullshit Covid restrictions.  Certainly don't disagree with much of the below (taken from the BBC so could quite possibly be shite tbf)

What else does the legislation propose?

• Changing sentencing rules so that serious criminals spend more time in jail before they can be conditionally released
  • Judges will be allowed to consider jailing child murderers for their entire lives
  • Maximum sentences for low-level assaults against emergency service workers doubled to two years
  • On terrorism, the bill creates powers to more closely monitor offenders released from prison
  • Community sentences for less serious crime to address underlying problems in offenders' lives
  • Changes to sexual offences law to tackle abusive adults in positions of trust, such as sports coaches and religious figures

21 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

They've restricted the speed of a local road near me to 30mph when it used to be 40mph. Thing is you can easily bomb down this road at 80mph and still feel you are relatively in control of your car. 

Cunts. 

I know the very road you refer to. Pain in the tits

57 minutes ago, NEM said:

Be in his pit with a raging comedown again ?

??.

The fallout from his comedowns are entertaining. 

It'll be interesting to hear his response to your earlier question as he is basing his assumption on two proposed Acts of Parliament that he seems to know a lot about, although both have yet to receive Royal Assent therefore aren't law as yet. 

2 hours ago, NEM said:

Only thing I can see wrong with that is the restriction to protest which I'd argue they are bringing in to prevent protests against their bullshit Covid restrictions.  Certainly don't disagree with much of the below (taken from the BBC so could quite possibly be shite tbf)

What else does the legislation propose?

• Changing sentencing rules so that serious criminals spend more time in jail before they can be conditionally released
  • Judges will be allowed to consider jailing child murderers for their entire lives
  • Maximum sentences for low-level assaults against emergency service workers doubled to two years
  • On terrorism, the bill creates powers to more closely monitor offenders released from prison
  • Community sentences for less serious crime to address underlying problems in offenders' lives
  • Changes to sexual offences law to tackle abusive adults in positions of trust, such as sports coaches and religious figures

I note the BBC have conveniently not included police officers in the latter proposed provision. 

4 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Draconian?

I'm being 100% genuine here Consi and not trying to have a go at all. A lot of the reason the general public switch off to a lot of the rhetoric from the "left" is because a lot of it is so overblown and exaggerated and goes against what they see for themselves. Stuff about "authoritarian" and "facist" government and about them being "racist" and "evil"

They lose a lot of the argument as soon as words like that start getting used because it's so obviously exaggerated.

Look into the laws and get back to me, chief. 

It's not the lefts fault people in the UK are right wing cunts, generally lacking in empathy. 

18 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

??.

The fallout from his comedowns are entertaining. 

It'll be interesting to hear his response to your earlier question as he is basing his assumption on two proposed Acts of Parliament that he seems to know a lot about, although both have yet to receive Royal Assent therefore aren't law as yet. 

They'll be passed min. 

22 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

??.

The fallout from his comedowns are entertaining

What, like me not posting for days? 

?