Jump to content
Henry

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

These fuckin scientists need to get back in their box.  Absolute doom mongers. 

I've no problem with them making predictions. But it's very annoying that nobody seems to revisit past predictions to see how accurate they were. We shouldn't be listening to anyone who has a history of being wrong, we should be giving airtime to those who have got things right.

If there are no consequences to getting it wrong people will continue to get it wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

I've no problem with them making predictions. But it's very annoying that nobody seems to revisit past predictions to see how accurate they were. We shouldn't be listening to anyone who has a history of being wrong, we should be giving airtime to those who have got things right.

If there are no consequences to getting it wrong people will continue to get it wrong.

See the DWT thread

Edited by Fridge
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

I've no problem with them making predictions. But it's very annoying that nobody seems to revisit past predictions to see how accurate they were. We shouldn't be listening to anyone who has a history of being wrong, we should be giving airtime to those who have got things right.

If there are no consequences to getting it wrong people will continue to get it wrong.

You fail to understand the nature of medicine in general that has been the case for the past 30 years or so. Clinicians have become conditioned to be totally risk averse, in a world inhabited by an ever litigious public. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

You fail to understand 

 

I've heard that somewhere before 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, daytripping said:

We're down to 4 new cases, 5 yesterday. Just about wiped it out in time for the travel ban to end. Queue minks from glasgow and the central belt arriving to infect us again. Should never be a nationwide thing, each area on merit is clearly the way to go.

Haha . Eh shall be up there in a few days. :dance:

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

You fail to understand the nature of medicine in general that has been the case for the past 30 years or so. Clinicians have become conditioned to be totally risk averse, in a world inhabited by an ever litigious public. 

 

I'd have thought there would be a decent feedback loop in medicine?

In other areas it's non existent. Media, politics, academia all give attention to those who make bold or eye-catching predictions. But nobody keeps score on these predictions, so it's impossible to tell the difference between noisy bluffers and people with genuine insight.

Been reading some of the superforecasters stuff, and the number one way to improve all this is to keep score.

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Fridge said:

See the DWT thread

Haha, money lost and he gets a bit of stick, which is more than happens in many more important cases.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I'm going to make a prediction. Come autumn Sturgeon will decide we need a 'short sharp lockdown' because of rising numbers. Boris will refuse to fund furlough and there will be lots of squabbling and chat about how we don't have control of all the levers etc.

Bookmarked

Aye like the "2 week circuit breaker" at Christmas we're about to gradually start coming out of next week.  Farce

  • Upvote 2
  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post

Pretty sure the original targets were all over 50’s and vulnerable groups by mid April. 
Never seen anything about the early 40’s by mid April. 

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone know the script with the airport after Monday?

Are you able to get a food / pint airside?

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Yeah nae bother Africa, just have it for free, forget the hundreds of millions it would have cost to invent and manufacture, you just go ahead and have it for nowt. These companies are almost doing the vaccines at cost anyway, the profits and dividends are from the huge range of other good things they've designed to save lives. Why shouldn't they profit. Why doesn't Africa invent its own one instead of putting the begging bowl out.

  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Yeah nae bother Africa, just have it for free, forget the hundreds of millions it would have cost to invent and manufacture, you just go ahead and have it for nowt. These companies are almost doing the vaccines at cost anyway, the profits and dividends are from the huge range of other good things they've designed to save lives. Why shouldn't they profit. Why doesn't Africa invent its own one instead of putting the begging bowl out.

You got yours for free

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You got yours for free

I got mine through the taxes I pay for the hard graft I put in every day.

  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, daytripping said:

I got mine through the taxes I pay for the hard graft I put in every day.

I know just pulling your plonker a bit. I'm still in 2 minds about getting it. Might send mine to Africa.

Share this post


Link to post

Triple mutant strain in India :laughing:

Not even sure what that means but it sounds really bad. Lockdown 

Share this post


Link to post

Please stay safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

Triple mutant strain in India :laughing:

Not even sure what that means but it sounds really bad. Lockdown 

330,000 positive tests today.

Over 2,000 deaths everyday but it's obvious that's way under reported.

Saw a clip on the news where they are burning bodies on the street because the crematoriums are at capacity.

Can only get worse.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Joe pike said:

330,000 positive tests today.

Over 2,000 deaths everyday but it's obvious that's way under reported.

Saw a clip on the news where they are burning bodies on the street because the crematoriums are at capacity.

Can only get worse.

Is it because the virus is worse or because India’s a fucking midden and their health system is inadequate? Running out of oxygen and the likes...

Of course their deaths are underreported due to their caste system, a lot of the population are not even classed as humans.

I read on Twitter (I know!) that it was the Kent variant that is rife over there, which could make sense due to our historical  ties with India.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, daytripping said:

Yeah nae bother Africa, just have it for free, forget the hundreds of millions it would have cost to invent and manufacture, you just go ahead and have it for nowt. These companies are almost doing the vaccines at cost anyway, the profits and dividends are from the huge range of other good things they've designed to save lives. Why shouldn't they profit. Why doesn't Africa invent its own one instead of putting the begging bowl out.

I'm not sure they have the medical, technological and scientific expertise to come up with a saline solution let alone a vaccine. They're savages, or natives as we used to call them in the good ol days of the empire. They're not an intelligent race, poor souls.

  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post

I’ll shed no tears for India.

The best ones are over here anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

I’ll shed no tears for India.

 

There's a McInnes joke there somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Big cocks though

Every cloud...

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

Is it because the virus is worse or because India’s a fucking midden and their health system is inadequate? Running out of oxygen and the likes...

Of course their deaths are underreported due to their caste system, a lot of the population are not even classed as humans.

I read on Twitter (I know!) that it was the Kent variant that is rife over there, which could make sense due to our historical  ties with India.

Paaaanaahahahahau

  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

There's a McInnes joke there somewhere.

Knew someone would mention that cunt. 
Thought better of you tbh

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Paaaanaahahahahau

Things must be bad on the footie forum.

Millertime's arrived.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...