Coronavirus

Henry

26 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Not getting in to a big long ass debate with no internet fuckheads Mary.  My name ain't Manboobs or no Consi.

Heard it on a Sam Harris podcast.  That brother has a lovely voice - be good enough for me. 

Take your shot and shut the fuck up you weegie bore. 

I thank you. 

Heard it on a podcast?  ? Well that's that then,  proven beyond doubt. Mug.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

São Paulo state has the highest percentage of vaccine uptake in the whole world.

Knocking on to 100%.

The rest of the world is laughing at you people in U S & A and UK.

You're getting a free vaccine out of trouble and refusing it.

What's wrong wit y'all? 

I mean we get you are all fat, drunk & drugged up, and depressed...  

But don't you wanna live ? 

Brazil with the biggest Covid death toll outside of America? Ha ha indeed 

6 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Thought the point of the vaccine was purely to help try prevent severe symptoms.

Nobody has ever been under the impression that it stops you catching it?

Why vaccine passports then?

Which worked so well in Wales they’re shutting nightclubs on the 27th ?

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Hepatitis A possibly

Definitely not Hepatitis B

I can only go by what my old lady told me TC min.

She was diagnosed with Hepatitis B back in early 1985 and stayed in an isolated room with its own bog, due to her condition, within ARI for a week. (Got confirmation of this again from her just now).

Maybe medics nowadays, compared with back then, have a different interpretation of how they diagnose the condition and how they differentiate between Hepatitus A, B, and C??

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

Why vaccine passports then?

Which worked so well in Wales they’re shutting nightclubs on the 27th ?

To prove people have been vaccinated.

I thought the general aim was for example at a football match:

If there is a mass outbreak happens through the crowd at a game, then if everyone there is double vaccinated at least the amount of people who could end up hospitalised ends up being less. Thus saving resources and minimising disruption.

The reason the nightclubs are closing in Wales is because things have changed due to Omicron. The vaccines that folk have received so far are no longer considered to be enough due to mutation of the virus. So the existing passports will likely have to continue to be updated and refreshed and potentially continue to be in future if there are significant mutations of the virus.

Its obviously a complete pain in the ass and if the 4 variants we have had so far are anything to go by, it will continue to be a pain in the ass. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Reed or deed said:

To prove people have been vaccinated.

I thought the general aim was for example at a football match:

If there is a mass outbreak happens through the crowd at a game, then if everyone there is double vaccinated at least the amount of people who could end up hospitalised ends up being less. Thus saving resources and minimising disruption.

The reason the nightclubs are closing in Wales is because things have changed due to Omicron. The vaccines that folk have received so far are no longer considered to be enough due to mutation of the virus. So the existing passports will likely have to continue to be updated and refreshed and potentially continue to be in future if there are significant mutations of the virus.

Its obviously a complete pain in the ass and if the 4 variants we have had so far are anything to go by, it will continue to be a pain in the ass. 

Why the need to prove they’ve been vaccinated if not to stop the spread? 

If the government are so concerned about NHS resources they could ban smoking and limit fat cunts calories.

Its only a pain in the arse because the government are making it so.

13 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Could argue that with mask wearing. Don’t make a blind bit of difference. 

Yip another absolute nonsense 

8 hours ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

lets put a fucking number on it

you've had what, 2 maybe 3 jabs now ?

when are you going to tell them to fuck off ?

If it reaches the stage that getting another jab becomes too inconvenient or a significant number of respected medical experts produce proper evidence that the benefits of the recommended injections are likely to be outweighed by the harmful effects.....that’s when I might tell them to fuck off. 

I don’t think we’re anywhere near that stage yet

There are calls to scrap this isolation requirement and rightly so, that’s the thing that puts pressure on everybody.  Making perfectly healthy individuals stay in their house at this stage seems incredible. The virus is already running rampant anyway and the majority of people have strong protection against severe illness, increasing every day with the booster drive. It’ll be really interesting to see what hospitalisations are doing in a week or two’s time. 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I can only go by what my old lady told me TC min.

She was diagnosed with Hepatitis B back in early 1985 and stayed in an isolated room with its own bog, due to her condition, within ARI for a week. (Got confirmation of this again from her just now).

Maybe medics nowadays, compared with back then, have a different interpretation of how they diagnose the condition and how they differentiate between Hepatitus A, B, and C??

No definitely not

Hepatitis A is caused by the faecal-oral route. Shellfish that are caught in areas close to where raw sewage enters the sea can do this. It's a nasty infection that leaves you feeling pretty ill for a week or two but generally clears up with no long term damage done

Hepatitis B especially in the 80s/90s is generally spread by sexual intercourse (homosexuals caught it even more than HIV in the 80s but it never got the same attention as did female drug using prostitutes) and by intravenous drug use. The treatment was pretty brutal and wasnt particularly successful. It (the Hep B not the treatment) often led to liver cancer years later. There's now an effective vaccination against it thankfully. But there are now hepatitis C/D/E variants, C and D especially causing problems that Hep B once caused. Here's the NHS site about Hep B

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hepatitis-b/

1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Could argue that with mask wearing. Don’t make a blind bit of difference. 

They do make a difference. Pretty fucking obvious that.

You release less moisture content into the air when you wear a mask. Therefore less virus released to the air.

Might be a small gain but it's a gain none the less.

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

No definitely not

Hepatitis A is caused by the faecal-oral route. Shellfish that are caught in areas close to where raw sewage enters the sea can do this. It's a nasty infection that leaves you feeling pretty ill for a week or two but generally clears up with no long term damage done

Hepatitis B especially in the 80s/90s is generally spread by sexual intercourse (homosexuals caught it even more than HIV in the 80s but it never got the same attention as did female drug using prostitutes) and by intravenous drug use. The treatment was pretty brutal and wasnt particularly successful. It (the Hep B not the treatment) often led to liver cancer years later. There's now an effective vaccination against it thankfully. But there are now hepatitis C/D/E variants, C and D especially causing problems that Hep B once caused. Here's the NHS site about Hep B

Spot on, TC min?.

Going by what you are saying and have evidenced she was misdiagnosed as she was advised by a Dr. Brunt that her consumption of mussels was the primary reason she caught Hepatitis.

There was also a Dr. Stark involved that my mother still to this day rightfully calls a fucking arsehole as he tried to insinuate she was a intraveneous junkie and that's why she contracted the illness via using infected needles.  Pompous prick.

35 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

You release less moisture content into the air when you wear a mask. Therefore less virus released to the air.

If they do make a difference, it is too small to calculate (apparently).  It’s a small inconvenience, annoying if you genuinely forget it and feel compelled to try and find one or risk the death stares of the fubar types. 

58 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

No definitely not

What? Surely not. Were there no “experts” back then? ?

50 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

When was mask wearing made compulsory? Late summer last year?

F62-CEB78-61-EB-48-BA-AE70-03-DA3-B4-F3-

Numbers suggest they’re not working. 99% of the masks folk are wearing are useless and lead to them touching their face more often.