Coronavirus

Henry

3 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

For almost 2 years the little cow has said ICU admissions are the key factor in deciding lockdowns or other draconian measures. Only 37 in ICU today and general covid hospital admissions trending down so why do this?

Exactly. I'm sure the hospitality industry in general would accept being open for xmas and hogmanay as normal, then shutting down with support in January. Makes a lot more sense from an economic perspective, especially when this variant doesn't seem to be producing hospital emissions and half the population has already had the booster. 

If hospital admissions go up, then fair enough lock down quicker. 

5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

But the vaccine isn't working. Hence boosters.

It is helping people not die as regularly when they get it. 

It's the length of coverage that's the problem, not it effectiveness in helping beat it. 

Edit; death/ICU rates pre and post vaccine show they work. 

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It's the length of coverage that's the problem, not it effectiveness in helping beat it. 

They don't know that though. Nicola explained all that today. We won't know for 3 weeks how the rise in cases will affect hospital admissions and deaths.

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

They don't know that though. Nicola explained all that today. We won't know for 3 weeks how the rise in cases will affect hospital admissions and deaths.

With the new variant? 

By all accounts it's milder than the Delta or the original, so it shouldn't matter. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

With the new variant? 

By all accounts it's milder than the Delta or the original, so it shouldn't matter. 

That hasn't been proven either.

I'm with you BTW I'd drop all restrictions now but people have to realise this will never go away. There will always be another variant, another booster, another reason to carry this on.

They enjoy it, they've spent all their careers trying to get power, now they have it in unparalleled amounts they'll never give it up.

10 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

With the new variant? 

Just now, The Boofon said:

Strange take on it.

In what way are they useless?

Some vaccines need booster shots.

What's strange about it?  We were told vaccination was the way out of this shit show.  Clearly not.

In the way that we won't be going to the football on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Boosters and vaccines not working ?

Leading medical and scientific experts and research and covid data is wrong and made up.

The man in the pub is right instead.

It has emerged ?????

Oh look it's Mr "nobody dies of flu"

Pipe doon min

16 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

That hasn't been proven either.

I'm with you BTW I'd drop all restrictions now but people have to realise this will never go away. There will always be another variant, another booster, another reason to carry this on.

They enjoy it, they've spent all their careers trying to get power, now they have it in unparalleled amounts they'll never give it up.

I'm ok with the vaccines. 

It's the restrictions that are farcical.