Coronavirus

Henry

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Apparently they can. The minister for immigration has the power to cancel a visa at his personal discretion. 

The only reason Djokovic "won" his appeal, is because of a procedural error by the border force. They didn't give enough time between telling him of their intent to cancel his visa and actually cancelling it. If they'd waited another 40 minutes before cancelling it, Djokovic would be on a plane home right now. 

Isn't this the kind of tough border controls all you brexit boys wanted for the UK? 

A think it was but Djokovic is white, with money soooooo

isnt here to nick the care home jobs or hospitality jobs that the dirty Romanians or Bulgarians have been nicking from us!,

just lucky the Brit’s are willing to take minimum wage, long houred hard jobs for a wage, aaaa oooh wait.

Just now, Parklife said:

No. Not at all. I want everyone to be treated exactly the same. 

While you want special treatment for tennis players, bizarrely. 

You're struggling a bit Parky. He was given the visa and had it reinstated by a court. The "special treatment" will be it being cancelled again at the whim of a politician.

1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

A think it was but Djokovic is white, with money soooooo

isnt here to nick the care home jobs or hospitality jobs that the dirty Romanians or Bulgarians have been nicking from us!,

just lucky the Brit’s are willing to take minimum wage, long houred hard jobs for a wage, aaaa oooh wait.

You know he's in Australia yeah?

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

You're struggling a bit Parky. He was given the visa and had it reinstated by a court. The "special treatment" will be it being cancelled again at the whim of a politician.

Unfortunately for you, it's you who is struggling. 

The special treatment is him not meeting the terms for a visa with exemption from quarantine, yet being rich and powerful enough that his lawyers have managed to get around that on a procedural error from the border force. 

Let's remember that if Djokovic had wanted to play the Australian Open, he could have went to Australia in advance and done the mandatory quarantine for unvaccinated people. Instead he chose to try and find a loophole in the rules. 

If Australia has anything about them, his visa will be revoked again today. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Parklife said:

The special treatment is him not meeting the terms for a visa with exemption from quarantine, yet being rich and powerful enough that his lawyers have managed to get around that on a procedural error from the border force. 

Let's remember that if Djokovic had wanted to play the Australian Open, he could have went to Australia in advance and done the mandatory quarantine for unvaccinated people. Instead he chose to try and find a loophole in the rules. 

You are clearly letting personal animosity towards the man cloud your judgement.

44 minutes ago, Parklife said:

And if they had done their job properly and given him more than enough time to respond to the cancellation of the visa he wouldn’t have a leg to stand on. Additionally it would appear the tried to harass him in to accepting their decision without consulting his brief. Just another example of the pigs making a complete cunt of things. 

On 1/8/2022 at 10:21 PM, Parklife said:

Djokovic pictured at multiple events and in close contact with others in the days immediately after his supposed positive Covid test in December. 

He's either been going about while knowingly positive and not caring, or has tried to enter Australia with a fake test result as his reason for his exemption. 

Either way, it's not looking good for him. 

?

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Knows hes Covid positive on December 16th. At events with kids on December 17th. 

You think that's a good look? 

If he’s asymptomatic I couldn’t care less, about the same as I could about tennis. 
Seems to be upsetting the right people though 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The anti vax dipshits have found their new martyr. 

He'll be a pinup boy for rangers fans soon 

Had your booster yet, dipshit?

1 minute ago, NEM said:

If he’s asymptomatic I couldn’t care less, about the same as I could about tennis. 
Seems to be upsetting the right people though 

Had your booster yet, dipshit?

?

Not getting the folk supporting him. The rules are a farce, I'm in agreement with that, it's even more farcical if they don't apply them to the fullest extent for a sportsperson/celebrity. 

You can be against the rules, which I am, but also be for him getting the same treatment as Joe Bloggs. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Not getting the folk supporting him. The rules are a farce, I'm in agreement with that, it's even more farcical if they don't apply them to the fullest extent for a sportsperson/celebrity. 

You can be against the rules, which I am, but also be for him getting the same treatment as Joe Bloggs. 

The rules are a farce yet you want them applied? More strange logic from you 

I don’t think the farcical rules should be applied to anyone 

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

The rules are a farce yet you want them applied? More strange logic from you 

I don’t think the farcical rules should be applied to anyone 

Nor do I. But they are. And they will be. 

So, it shouldn't be different for a sportsperson. 

Not strange logic at all. Perfectly sound logic. 

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Nor do I. But they are. And they will be. 

So, it shouldn't be different for a sportsperson. 

Not strange logic at all. Perfectly sound logic. 

It’s not different. Quite clearly states that they didn’t give him enough time to respond to the cancellation of his visa as per their own legislation. Seems like the rules are followed consistently. 

29 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

It’s not different. Quite clearly states that they didn’t give him enough time to respond to the cancellation of his visa as per their own legislation. Seems like the rules are followed consistently. 

More meant in general terms. 

You or I would've just been chucked. Have they been making exemptions for anybody else who's tried to enter having recently had Covid? 

If so, Djokovic should use that for his own case. If they haven't, then he should get punted.