Coronavirus

Henry

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Still likely that he'll have his visa cancelled at the personal discretion of the minister for immigration, according to what I've read. 

Novak Djokovic: Tennis star wins court battle to stay in Australia - BBC News

"The immigration minister had four hours after the judge's decision to decide whether to re-cancel Djokovic's visa while the player was in detention; that time has now elapsed meaning he is free to leave"

9 minutes ago, NEM said:

Novak Djokovic: Tennis star wins court battle to stay in Australia - BBC News

"The immigration minister had four hours after the judge's decision to decide whether to re-cancel Djokovic's visa while the player was in detention; that time has now elapsed meaning he is free to leave"

Yeah but his visa can be cancelled at any time. The current reports are that the minister will decide tomorrow. 

To be quite honest I would be totally behind the guy if his stance was to challenge the rules that are unfair and coercive to the unvaxxed population. 

But, I think he's trying to challenge the rules for his own personal gain, to further his own career. 

Therein, for me, lies the difference for sympathy and no sympathy. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Not getting the folk supporting him. The rules are a farce, I'm in agreement with that, it's even more farcical if they don't apply them to the fullest extent for a sportsperson/celebrity. 

You can be against the rules, which I am, but also be for him getting the same treatment as Joe Bloggs. 

The rules have been applied. It's a political decision to stop him.

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

To be quite honest I would be totally behind the guy if his stance was to challenge the rules that are unfair and coercive to the unvaxxed population. 

But, I think he's trying to challenge the rules for his own personal gain, to further his own career. 

Ah the politics of envy - I am shocked

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

The rules have been applied. It's a political decision to stop him.

The rules of the federal government? Or the regional? 

I think that's where it's tricky. 

5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Bit unfair, he's a tennis player who wants to play in a tournament not a politician.

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

They're going to look pretty stupid if they cancel it now, more so than they do already

Can't possibly look as stupid as a guy who thinks you can change water with positive thoughts 

They'll probs be ok

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Bit unfair, he's a tennis player who wants to play in a tournament not a politician.

He's a millionaire who wants to be exempt from rules that would apply to abdy else. 

1 minute ago, NEM said:

You want rules which you've admitted you think are farcical applied to him because he's a millionaire tennis player.

No, I want rules that are applied to non millionaires to also be applied to millionaires. 

55 minutes ago, NEM said:

If you think they're farcical you shouldn't want them applied to anyone.  

As I said - the politics of envy.

I don't wasn't them applied at anyone. The reality is tho- that they are. And if we accept that reality as it is, then the rules should be applied. 

Fuck all to do with envy. 

10 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I don't wasn't them applied at anyone. The reality is tho- that they are. And if we accept that reality as it is, then the rules should be applied. 

Fuck all to do with envy. 

They have been applied, the judge said so. The ozzies are just getting nippy coz there's an election coming up.

He's being made an example of, it's as simple as that.