Coronavirus

Henry

39 minutes ago, NEM said:

Lol as I said, strange logic 

The logic that elected officials should apply whatever rules they implement to everyone fairly? It's not about whether you or I disagree with them, it's about the fact they are the rules, and they are being applied across the board, so should be applied to Djokovic. 

Imagine we could all just get away with laws/rules we didn't agree with.

33 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

They have been applied, the judge said so. The ozzies are just getting nippy coz there's an election coming up.

He's being made an example of, it's as simple as that.

The key question for me is;

As far as we know, has anyone else been offered/allowed to gain access to the country via the same means Djokovic is proposing? 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

As far as we know, has anyone else been offered/allowed to gain access to the country via the same means Djokovic is proposing? 

Yeah. A doubles player was detained on Friday and flew home. Same with a member of another players support team. 

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The logic that elected officials should apply whatever rules they implement to everyone fairly? It's not about whether you or I disagree with them, it's about the fact they are the rules, and they are being applied across the board, so should be applied to Djokovic. 

Imagine we could all just get away with laws/rules we didn't agree with.

That's what playing for the huns gets you.

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. A doubles player was detained on Friday and flew home. Same with a member of another players support team. 

So nobody unvaccinated is allowed into Australia based off of recently having had COVID and a negative LFT?

Have they offered this solution/circumvention to anyone else as far as we know or just Djokovic? 

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

So nobody unvaccinated is allowed into Australia based off of recently having had COVID and a negative LFT?

Have they offered this solution/circumvention to anyone else as far as we know or just Djokovic? 

They are allowed in but have to do a 2 week quarantine if they're unvaccinated. 

Just now, Parklife said:

They are allowed in but have to do a 2 week quarantine if they're unvaccinated. 

And I repeat myself, as far as we know, nobody else has managed to navigate a way past this in the manger Djokovic is now? 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

And I repeat myself, as far as we know, nobody else has managed to navigate a way past this in the manger Djokovic is now? 

As far as I know, no one still in Australia for the Australian open has received an exemption from quarantine using a recent positive infection as the reason. 

26 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Why is Djokovic’s family getting so much air time? 

I think Oz have handled it poorly tbh. I imagine the govt to be weak yes men like SOTR, who is too scared to do the right thing and bring Tup back 

Bring back Rocket also, he took speaking pish to even more outrageous levels than any of us and that takes some doing

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

That's not him saying that Djokovic followed the rules to get an exemption. 

What is he saying then?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/10/novak-djokovic-judge-agitated-by-issue-of-why-australian-government-did-not-accept-tennis-players-medical-exemption

The judge hearing Novak Djokovic’s case has queried “what more” he could have done to prove his medical exemption and criticised the Australian government for reneging on a deal to give him more time to defend his visa from cancellation.

Judge Anthony Kelly said he was “preoccupied” and “somewhat agitated” by the issue of why Australian officials did not accept an exemption document provided by the world No 1 male tennis player from a qualified physician, backed up by an independent Victorian government panel.

55 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Yeah loads of people. You can get a visa without quarantine if you've been vaccinated or had covid within 6 months. He's had covid in December so got a visa but the political pressure because he's anti vax got too much for the government.

14 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Yeah loads of people. You can get a visa without quarantine if you've been vaccinated or had covid within 6 months. He's had covid in December so got a visa but the political pressure because he's anti vax got too much for the government.

Loads of people. Made up rubbish. 

29 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Sauce?

There’s also the quota thing.

If you’re a dirty unvaccinated type you have to join a queue to get in (to the rest of Australia, not WA). The immigration minister could easily rule he jumped the queue and kick him out.

The whole thing is pathetic tho, the letter of the law (albeit a law full of flaws) upheld for millionaires, but Bruce and Sheila can fuck off.

47 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

What is he saying then?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/10/novak-djokovic-judge-agitated-by-issue-of-why-australian-government-did-not-accept-tennis-players-medical-exemption

The judge hearing Novak Djokovic’s case has queried “what more” he could have done to prove his medical exemption and criticised the Australian government for reneging on a deal to give him more time to defend his visa from cancellation.

Judge Anthony Kelly said he was “preoccupied” and “somewhat agitated” by the issue of why Australian officials did not accept an exemption document provided by the world No 1 male tennis player from a qualified physician, backed up by an independent Victorian government panel.

@Parklife

When you get a minute.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

@Parklife

When you get a minute.

Yeah. So he didn't say that Djokovic followed all the rules, as you claimed. 

He said Djokovic did all he could to demonstrate he was entitled to an exemption from quarantine. 

The Australian government have confirmed that a previous infection does not necessarily entitle someone to an exemption to quarantine. Hence why if they'd waited about 50 minutes before terminating his visa, he'd be on the plane home.